PDA

View Full Version : EOC Coming Soon...

Ahsan Hanif
05-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Assalam Alaykum wa Rahmatullah

With just about a week left before EOC lands in Winnipeg insha Allah, I just wanted to say how excited I am to be visiting Canada again. The course is ready to rock, and I hope you are too!

Since we're all getting into the mode now for the class, please share your thoughts with me. What do you expect to learn from the class? What really interests you about the surah? What questions do you want answered? Lets get the ball rolling Winnipegians (is that even a word?!)

See you soon insha Allah!

Ahsan

P.S. I've never heard of Winnipeg before and know nothing about it other than Sh. Muhammad Shareef used to live there. Any useful information about the city would be welcome.

Batool
05-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Wa alaikum Assalaam wr wb Sheikh Ahsan,

Welcome to Banu Thalj. We are looking forward to learning from EOC.
Our city is quite unique in the sense that we have a much smaller and diverse community than what you are probably used to. Nevertheless, you'll insha'Allah find us to be enthusiastic learners.

Some of the questions about the surah are:

1) Long term effects of good parenting as in the story of Musa and Khidr...what helped in protecting the orphans fortune?

2) What practical day to day implications does understanding this surah have?

3) What steps can a individuals/families/communities take in order to protect from the fitan mentioned in the surah?

wannabebrown
05-29-2010, 03:09 AM
Walaikum Assalam Sh.Ahsan,

I would firstly like to say alhumdulilah what a blessing it is to have this course in our city. There are a lot of eager students waiting for the arrival of the course :)!

From this class I would really like to learn and take in everything I can as the seminar goes on to increase my knowledge. I feel as though the more people are discussing the surah, the less I feel like I know.

I think Batool summed up the city pretty well. One thing I would recommend is for you to be prepared for ALL kinds of weather, even in the month of June.

Azrala
05-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Wa 'alaykumusslam Sh. Ahsan,

We're all excited for the course.

The only question I have is who was Zhul Qarnayn? Many commenters say that he was Alexander the Great but Alexander also was a corrupted king who burnt down Persiopolis, annexed Egypt and other stuff. I wanted to know who was most likely to be Zhul Qarnayn.

And since Musa (A.S) is mentioned in the surah, who was Fir'aun? Which Pharoah was he?

Oh btw Sheikh, you must have a slurpee. Winnipeg is the Slurpee capital of the world. A proud title we have defended and insha'llah another title we'll have is the 2010 Qabeelah. :)

jperwaiz
05-30-2010, 12:19 AM
AoA,
The entire Banu Thalj community waits to learn from you, InshaAllah. We are also looking forward to welcome you to Winnipeg - it is very beautiful during spring and summer. If you get the chance, visit the rural areas outside of Winnipeg and you will see the vast expanse Allah (SWT) has created and don't forget to see the sunset in rural Manitoba - it is amazing - SubhanAllah.

InshaAllah you will have a safe flight and we will see you soon :-)

JazakAllah!

sarakm
05-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Walaikum Assaalam ya shaikh,

InshaAllah the entire Winnipeg awaits you. InshaAllah looking forward to learn the importance of this Surah and the relevance it has with our daily life. The trial of wealth that the ummah is facing and a lot more InshaAllah.

I am going to suggest pretty much what wannabebrown mentioned - to be ready for all sorts of weather when it comes to winnipeg. Who knows it might snow in june =)

wannabebrown
05-30-2010, 03:20 AM
I am going to suggest pretty much what wannabebrown mentioned - to be ready for all sorts of weather when it comes to winnipeg. Who knows it might snow in june =)

Are you only saying this solely based on what we went through today? lol

Farida
05-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Wa alaikum Assalaam wr wb Sheikh Ahsan,

Welcome to Banu Thalj. We are looking forward to learning from seminar.
My questions about the surah is that Dajal is not even mention in the surah but its relate with the surah, how.
About winnipeg: Who knows it might snow in june that is why we are Banu Thalj. Its peaceful and frindly place to live, because its Friendaly Manitoba.
we will see you soon Inshallah, have a safe flight and safe stay in winnipeg.
A winnipeger from a winnipeg .
Wasalm

sarakm
05-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Are you only saying this solely based on what we went through today? lol
:D .. it was crazy subhanAllah .. my poor shoes..and i think they r MINE now after what happened yesterday lol

Zahraah
05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Walikum Assalam Sh Ahsan

Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed us with such an amazing opportunity of having you in our city inshaAllah :)

Banu Thalj is eagerly waiting for you ya shaykh. We have been waiting for long, and are pumped up and ready to go :) ,May Allah enable us to benefit from your wisdom and knowledge inshaAllah.

wannabebrown
06-09-2010, 08:23 AM
May Allah enable us to benefit from your wisdom and knowledge inshaAllah.

Ameen.