PDA

View Full Version : The night prayers

Muslimah_BC
06-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Salam Alaykum brothers & sisters..

All Praise is due to Allah, Who has made Salah a relaxation for the believer, a refuge for the fearful, and a guidance for the savage. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the leader of those who perform salah, perform tahajjud, and make rukoo and sujood. And also upon his family, companions, and those who follow them in the right way until the day of judgement.

As for what follows:

Night prayer is the diligence of the righteous, the transaction of the believers, and the action of the victorious. At night the believers are alone with their Lord – they turn towards their Creator complaining about their situations and asking of His bounties. They are standing in front of their Lord, devoted to the confidential talk with their Shaper, gently breathing the fragrances, taking from the lights of the good deeds, and seeking and begging for the greatest of gifts.

Night Prayer as mentioned in the Quran

Allah the Most Exalted said: “They arise from [their] beds” [As Sajda 32:16]
Mujahid and AlHasan said: “it means night prayer”.
Ibn Kathir explained the verse: “The meaning is night prayer, leaving sleep and rest upon a soft and flat furnishing.
AbdulHaq al Ashbeeli said: “Their sides find no rest upon a bed. So they are not settled on it because of the fear of the punishment, and hoping for reward.”

Brothers and sisters in islam we all should start doing the night prayers and i encourage all of us if we can group(sisters with sisters and brothers with brother) do it together even if it was once a week

qan do lak
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَّكَ عَسَى أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا

“And (during part) of the night, abandon sleep and keep vigil to pray Salat, in addition to the regular obligatory prayer. Your Rabb (the Sustainer) may (as a reward) elevate you to the position of High Distinction, Glory and Praise.”[THE HOLY QUR’AN: 17:79]

By praying Salatul-Layl one’s livelihood is increased, one passes easily through “Sakaraat” (great and grueling pain a dying person suffers at the time of death) and finds happiness in “Barzakh” (the Spiritual world where the departed souls stay either in happiness or misery, until the Day of Resurrection).

Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) quotes Imam Ali (as) as saying that the Prophet (saws) said that a person who prays Salatul-Layl gets the following twenty four kinds of benefits:

Secures Allah’s pleasure.
Makes friendship with Angels.
Is the Sunnat of the Prophets (a.s.)
Provides the means to pursue knowledge.
Constitutes the root of our faith.
Keeps one physically fit.
Drives Shaytan away.
Protects one from enemies.
Serves as a means of acceptance of one’s Duas and good deeds.
Increases one’s livelihood.
Intercedes with the Angel of Death.
Lights up the grave.
Provides comfortable bedding in the grave.
Helps answering with ease the questioning of Munkar and Nakir in the grave.
Gives companionship in the grave.
Provides shelter on the Day of Judgment.
Crowns one on the Day of Reckoning.
Clothes one on the Day of Resurrection.
Provides one with light on the Day of Judgment.
Forms a barrier against the fire of Hell.
Gets Allah’s pardon on the Day of Judgment.
Increases the weight of good deeds on the scale.
Helps one crossing the Bridge of “Siraat” without any difficulty.
Forms the key to the Paradise.

*walaikum as salam wr wb.
I agree with you tahajjud prayer is very important and we must all try to perform it. It feels sooo good when you do it, and the feeling is unexplainable.n den i kinda feel bad for the ones who've never experienced dis amazing feeling, its like dis certain calmness and peace, its beyond any feeling, and i think everyone should experience it.

:)

Muslimah_BC
06-24-2010, 06:44 PM
subhanallah ..once you start it you ll see the difference in you .. i start it during Ramadan and i kept doing it .. i feel relaxed and happy ...great feeling and alots of rewards... may allah help all of us follow his path the right way ...........amen

Sumaiya.01
06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
subhanallah ..once you start it you ll see the difference in you .. i start it during Ramadan and i kept doing it .. i feel relaxed and happy ...great feeling and alots of rewards... may allah help all of us follow his path the right way ...........amen AMEEN

Muslimah_BC
06-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Ameeeeeeeeeeeen !!