PDA

View Full Version : Al-Shams's The Prophet's Smile GEMS

Sista-H
08-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Post all your
GEMS here...

Is the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) the most beloved thing to you?

Do you claim to follow him The Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam)?
Do we know what his sunnah is (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam)?

The Prophet (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
"None of you becomes a believer until I am dearer to him than his children, his parents and all mankind."
[Bukhari & Muslim]

The Prophet's Smile:
Characteristics of the Messenger ofAllah (sal Allahu'alayhi wa sallam)

August 6th-8th 2010

Taught by: Sheikh Navaid Aziz

www.almaghrib.org/london (http://www.almaghrib.org/london) | www.qshams.org (http://www.qshams.org/) | www.facebook.com/qshams (http://www.facebook.com/qshams)

Rizwana
08-06-2010, 06:06 AM
MashAllah nice to see the excitement...only 8 hrs left till the seminar starts!!! JazakhAllah Khayr for posting this sis. :-)

Yusuf Issat
08-06-2010, 07:15 AM
The Story of Abu Dahdah رضي الله عنه

During the time of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, there was a young orphan who was getting a wall built from the edge of his house to his neighbour’s but there was a palm tree that was causing a halt to the construction. The wall could not be continued unless the tree was either removed or added to the child’s house. This tree belonged to the companion named Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه. The young boy (the orphan) came to Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهand told him, “Give me that tree so I could construct the wall.” Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهreplied, “No, it is mine.” The boy then said, “Then sell it to me!” Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهrefused once again. The boy said, “By Allah, I am going to complain to Prophet of Allah!” He went and told what exactly had happened with him. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم softly said, “Where is Abu Lubabah? Call Abu Lubabah!” He صلى الله عليه وسلم then said to Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه, “Give him the tree” Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهsaid, “No, O’ Prophet of Allah, it is my haqq.” Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “O’ Abu Lubabah, sell it to him.” He رضي الله تعالى عنهreplied, “No, O’ Prophet of Allah it’s mine.” Hearing this, tears started flowing from the eyes of the young boy. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم then said, “O’ Abu Lubabah, give him a branch from this tree and you will have a tree in Jannah” Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهsaid, “I don’t want it,” and the left. When Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنهheard this and saw the boy crying, he went close to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and said, “If I purchase the same tree, will I get the same offer?” Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم replied, “Yes” Then Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنهran after Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهand said, “O’ Abu Lubabah, do you my orchard? (His house was in the orchard and some scholars said it had 400 trees whilst others said it had 600) It is yours for that tree!” Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنهturned around and said, “Are you out of your mind?” Aba Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنهreplied, “No, it is yours and O’ people be witness!” Then he went where Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and the boy were and said to him, “O’ boy, that tree is yours!” Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنهthen went to his old orchard and called out from outside, “O’ Umm Dahdah!” She رضي الله تعالى عنهاreplied, “Yes, O’ Abu Dahdah!” He said, “Come out of the orchard” She asked, “Why?” He said, “We have sold it to Allah and His Messenger!” She said, “What a successful deal!” Then Umm Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنهاgot their children out of the orchard. They were carrying some dates, she got hold of their hands, opened them and threw the dates back into the orchard and said, “They are for Allah my child.” And thus, Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنه sold off his 400 trees plus his home for a tree in Jannah.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
LIVE from The Prophet's Smile صلى الله عليه وسلم in London, 450 make their way to study the characteristics of the greatest man to ever walk to Earth for the upcoming weekend.

Stay tuned - it's all happening here with QShams on the weekend before Ramadhaan!

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
ibn Hazm said,

"Had the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) been given no miracle except the detailed preservation of his life, it would have been enough to prove his Prophethood (saws)."

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 02:34 PM
If you truly love the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم , how much time do you really spend studying him?

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
At one point or another, every Muslim will taste the sweetness of Islam, and that taste will affect their practice.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
The vast majority of us taste the sweetness of imaan in salaah: either when in need of Him or when in Makkah for the first time and making du'aa there.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 02:57 PM
The Prophet's صلى الله عليه وسلم criteria of love:

1) Loving Allaah and His Messenger more than anything else
2) Loving for your brother what you love for yourself.
3) To hate the idea of falling away from Islam.

What have you done to deserve Islam?

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 03:13 PM
The only way you can value hating disbelief is by being challenged as an individual with tests.

Taste the burn of giving large amounts away for Allah and you will develop your imaan.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
You see someone's true character when they have power and ability.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Have you ever felt loved by the Prophet (sallAlaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)?

He saved his one du'aa to use on the Day of Judgement when his ummah would need it the most.

Rizwana
08-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Our responsibility towards the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam -
once you realise the real love - fulfilling the commandments and emulation - it comes with a heavy responsibility.
You need to know what it entails to Love him

Rizwana
08-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Abdullah Ibn Umar (RA) was known to imitate the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam in every minute thing possible even if the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam would wear a particular type of shoe - he would get the exact shoe. He would also pray exactly where the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam prayed.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-07-2010, 06:37 AM
The 2 greatest praises Allaah gives the Prophets:

1) Calling them an 'abd, thus accepting their worship.
2) That they are called a Messenger.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-07-2010, 07:12 AM
John, 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-07-2010, 07:13 AM
In Aramaic, the name comforter is 'Mu-hakh-mad'

Abd Al-Azeez
08-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Shaykh Navaid: Read barnabas . net

Umm Amara
08-07-2010, 09:27 AM
The prophets smile

Rizwana
08-07-2010, 10:05 AM
There are 66 parts in the Bible - split between the old and new testament

37 - old testament - Torah - revealed to Musa AS
29 - new testament - Injeel - revealed to Isa AS

Rizwana
08-07-2010, 10:58 AM
the two colours that the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam disliked on men were Red and Yellow.

Although according to the hadith of Jaabir RA during the expeditions wearing of these colours were allowed.

Rizwana
08-07-2010, 11:36 AM
The Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam seldom left the house without his head covered.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Bismillah

Allah created human beings that love and need to be loved.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Loving the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ is firstly a commandment from Allah.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:12 PM
The commandments of Allah are never void of wisdom and benefit.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Poetry by Hassan ibn Thabit radi Allahu anhu

وأحسن منك لم تر قط عيني
وأجمل منك لم تلد النساء
كأنك خلقت مبرأ من كل عيب
كأنك قد خلقت كما تشاء

"Better than you my eyes have never laid eyes upon
and more beautiful than you no woman has ever given birth to
it is as if you were born free from every deficiency
or it is as if you were created as you yourself had pleased"

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:24 PM
None of us will be able to truly emulate the Prophet till we love him صلى الله عليه وسلم.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:30 PM
In this world there is a Paradise, whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter - shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:34 PM
ماذا يصنع أعداء الله بي
أنا جنتي في صدري
وسجني خلوة مع الله عزوجل و جنتي
وإخراجي من بلدي سياحة
وقتلى في سبيل الله شهادة
-| شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية

What can my enemies do to me?
My paradise is in my heart, it is with me wherever I go.
To imprison me is to provide me with seclusion.
To send me into exile is to send me away in the Path of Allaah.
And to kill me is to make me a martyr.
- Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
If you want your children to be righteous, then the parents need to be righteous first.

solicitude
08-07-2010, 05:42 PM
There are more commonalities between the Prophet (saw) and Musa (as) than between Musa (as) and Isa (as)

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:43 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم loved gentleness and being lenient.

solicitude
08-07-2010, 05:44 PM
As Muslims we are encouraged to follow the Prophet (saw) in his etiquettes

solicitude
08-07-2010, 05:45 PM
In a gathering you should serve the eldest and most knowledgeable first

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Abu Hurayrah radi Allahu anhu said, "The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم kissed Hasan ibn 'Ali while al-Aqra' ibn Habis at-Tamimi was sitting with him. Al-Aqra' observed, 'I have ten children and I have kissed any of them.' The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم looked at him and said, 'Whoever does not show mercy will not be shown mercy.'"

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:50 PM
3 types of recitation of the Qur'an that a Muslim should be doing everyday:

1. Generally reciting a portion of the Qur'an
2. Memorising a portion of the Qur'an
3. Reading the Book of Allah whilst reflecting over the ayat. If one doesn't understand Arabic then read the Qur'an in your own language.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Part of imaan is loving the companions of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:56 PM
The Sahaba were ready to sacrifice everything for the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and for the principles he stood for.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Part of being dedicated to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم is to read his seerah.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:04 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "None of you will believe until I am more beloved to you than your children, your fathers, and all people."
Umar ibn al-Khattab said to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, "I love you more than anything except my soul, which is between my two sides."
The Prophet replied, "None of you will believe until I am dearer to him than his own soul."
Umar said, "By the One who sent down the Book to you, I love you more than my soul which is between my two sides." The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Now, O Umar, now you have it."

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Anas said that a man came to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and asked, "When will the last Hour come, Messenger of Allah?" He صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "What have you prepared for it?"
He said, "I have not prepared a lot of salah or fasting or charity for it, but I love Allah and His Messenger." The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "You will be with the one you love." He also said, "Whoever loves me will be with me in the Garden."

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:12 PM
'The more names an object has, the more prestigious and magnificent it is.' - Based on this principle we realise as to why Allah, Qur'an, the Day of Judgement and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم have many names.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:18 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmad. I am al-Mahi, the Effacer by whom Allah will efface disbelief. I am al-Hashir, the Gatherer, after whom people will be gathered, and I am al-'Aqib, there will be no Prophet after me."

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
When it comes to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, there is no detail which is insignificant.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Anas ibn Malik said, "The most beloved color to the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم was green."

It was collected by Al-Bazzar in his Musnad with a weak chain, but there are other chains that strengthen it to the level of Hasan as shaykh Al-Albani has explained in Silsilatul-Ahadith Al-Sahihah.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:27 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم prohibited walking with one shoe because that is the way Shaytan walks.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:31 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم's sword was called Dhul-Fiqar (Possessor of thoughts)

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:36 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم reversed the order of the names on his ring (from Muhammad, Rasool, Allah to Allah, Rasool, Muhammad) because he صلى الله عليه وسلم never wanted his name to be above the name of Allah.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Communicating in person builds the bonds of love.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Even the perspiration of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم smelt good.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:48 PM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم had the gift of concise speech. He صلى الله عليه وسلم could speak such few words but the lessons and benefits derived from them is large in number. Just look to the lessons, benefits, rulings etc derived from ahadith.

farzhana
08-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Ibn Qayyim mentioned in Madarij al-Salikeen:

"Seek out your heart in three situations:
-When you are listening to the Qur'an
-When you are part of a gathering of remembrance
-When you are alone and away from the world and it's distractions.

If you cannot find your heart in these three situations, then ask Allah to bestow upon you a heart, for indeed you are bereft of one."

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Food influences your temperament, and emotions have a strong relationship with your spirituality.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 05:19 AM
The worship of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was equivalent to the moral support we take from our social circles.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 05:21 AM
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم sought his strength for the day by worship throughout the night.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Umar (ra) said the Companions, when afflicted with trials, would thank Allaah:
1) That the trial was in in doubting the deen.
2) That it could have been worse.
3) For being able to be patient with the trial.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 05:34 AM
The secrets of Salaah
The Prophet's صلى الله عليه وسلم perspectives on Salaah

1. Entering Salaah with a relaxed frame of mind, i.e. dealing with all matters before salaah.
2. The context: to pray as if it is the last prayer (really!)
3. Envisioning Paradise in front and Jahannam behind.
4. To visualise and understand what is being recited. e.g. Imaam Al-Ghazali's statement on the power of the Takbeer and what it means.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 05:40 AM
The tears of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم were purely out of love for his Ummah.

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 05:53 AM
A short nap before thuhr is called....???

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 05:55 AM
If you have a short amount of time try sleeping on your elbow

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Give your body their due rights

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:15 AM
What is the majority opinion on isbal?

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:20 AM
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:22 AM
In arabic a description which ends with Alif and Noun is temporary

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Abjectives in Arabic
Fa’lan
Fa’een

Rahman is Fa’lan
Raheem is Fa’een

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Allaahu ta'aala is...

Rahman in this world

Raheem in the Hereafter

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 06:24 AM
ibn al-Qayyim (ra): "Al-Rahmaan is the Owner and source of all mercy. Ar-Raheem is the One who expounds that mercy to others."

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Allahu ta’aala is more compassionate and merciful to His creations more than a mother is to her child

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 06:27 AM
ibn 'Abbas (ra) was asked about the verse (Surah Aal-Imraan, v. 159). He said, 'Previous nations were destroyed simply by disobedience to their Prophet. Thus the Prophet's mercy upon the disbelievers is that they do not face the same wrath, and his mercy for the believers is their guidance to Paradise.'

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Ibn Abbass commented on the verse where Allahu ta’aala says that indeed you (Muhammed sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) have not bene sent except as a mercy for the whole of mankind
It is through belief the Prophethood of the Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam that we will be allowed to enter Paradise

‘Ata student of Ibn Abbass says,
Every single time an individual acts in a manner of kindness then this is an act that the Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam did or done’

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:31 AM
ibn 'Abbas (ra) was asked about the verse (Surah Aal-Imraan, v. 159). He said, 'Previous nations were destroyed simply by disobedience to their Prophet. Thus the Prophet's mercy upon the disbelievers is that they do not face the same wrath, and his mercy for the believers is their guidance to Paradise.'

Jazakallahu khairan ! Much more concise than my version !

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Look into the compassion and kindness towards the children

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Forgotten sunnah to concentrate on the youth of Islam – the Prophet sal Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam paid special attention to the youth.

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:40 AM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “To smile in the company of your brother is charity. To command to do good deeds and to prevent others from doing evil is charity. To guide a person in a place where he can not get astray is charity. To remove troublesome things like thorns and bones from the road is charity. To pour water from your jug into the jug of your brother is charity. To guide a person with defective vision is charity for you.” (Bukhari)

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:42 AM
May Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful give us opportunities to do many ways of giving sadaqah for His pleasure and reward us best life, especially in the Hereafter. May we spend our lives, time, money and efforts or everything in us to do deeds that Allah accepts as forms of sadaqah solely for His Sake. May our Rabb save us from the Hell-Fire by protecting us from being miser. Ameen.

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, “The example of a miser and the one who gives in charity, is like the example of two men wearing iron cloaks so tightly that their arms are raised forcibly towards their collar-bones. So, whenever a charitable person wants to give in charity, his cloak spreads over his body so much so that it wipes out his traces. But whenever the miser wants to give in charity, the rings (of the iron cloak) come closer to each other and press over his body and his hands get connected to his collar-bones. Abu Huraira heard the Prophet (sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) saying, “The miser then tries to widen it but in vain.” (Bukhari)

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Justice surpasses family ties and bonds

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Patience is when the first calamity strikes

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Three types of patience
• Patience upon the decree of Allahu ta’aala – EASIEST
• Patience in staying away from disobedience
• Patience in the obedience of Allahu ta’aala

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 07:23 AM
true courage and bravery is about facing that which you fear

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 07:25 AM
His Sallallahu alayhi wasallam's humility - if someone was in need of help, he instilled it inside himself that he Sallallahu alayhi wasallam would be the first to go and help those that needed it.

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 07:27 AM
The Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam encouraged if you need something done then it is best to do it yourself because if you ask others to do it then you lower yourself in the eyes of others when we should only lower ourselves in to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 07:28 AM
The Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallaam stayed busy in his household

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Part of being a humble individual is doing those acts that will humble you

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Abu Hurairah narrated that the messenger of Allah said :
"Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest."
Related by Bukhari and Muslim

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 07:50 AM
On the authority of Abu Dharr :
Some of the companions of the messenger of Allah said :" O Messenger of Allah, the affluent have made of with the rewards, they pray as we pray they fast as we fast, and they give away in charity the superfluity of their wealth." He said:" Has not Allah made things for you to give away in charity ? every tasbihah is a charity, every takbirah is a charity, every tahmidah is a charity, and every tahlilah is a charity, to enjoin a good action is a charity, to forbid an evil action is a charity, and in the sexual act of each of you there is a charity." They said: "O Messenger of Allah, when one of us fulfils his sexual desire will he have some reward for that?" He said: "Do you not think that were he to act upon it unlawfully he would be sinning ? Likewise, if he has acted upon it lawfully he will have a reward."
Related by Muslim.

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 09:57 AM
The difference between a messenger and prophet
Prophet - given revelation but not given a code of law to live by eg Adam AS
Messenger - given revelation and given a code of law to live by eg Nuh AS
Since the time of Nuh AS people have been warned against the Dajjal

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 11:43 AM
The Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam never wore a ring with a stone in it

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 11:43 AM
The name of Allah should always be on top or higher

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 11:44 AM
All the narrations regarding the beard of the Prophet sal Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam are weak

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Look up all the ayaat where Allah mentions deeds that if you do you will attain His Mercy

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 12:53 PM
What are the virtues of sending peace and blessings upon the Messenger of Allah 'alayhi salaat wa salaam?

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
It is encouraged to say Durood -e-Ibrahim on a friday. Vast majority of scholars have agreed that you are able to recite this as part of your regular adhkaar as normal dhikr.

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
what can you say as salah and salam?

Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam
or
Alayhi Wassalatu Wa Salam

when responding to his (alayhi wassalatu wa salam) name is being mentioned.

Abd Al-Azeez
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
The death of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, when compared to any of the trials we face, was the greatest loss ever for the Ummah.

Abd As Samad
08-08-2010, 02:04 PM
...and so the class draws near to it's end, for anyone of you who feels that they have been on the receiving end of a calamity then know that the greatest calamity that has been experienced upon mankind was the death of the Messenger of Allah sal-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 02:14 PM
fulfill the rights of Allah and fulfill the rights of creation and you will be successful

Rizwana
08-08-2010, 02:15 PM
emphasis during his death was regular emphasis was to stick to the salah - this is the distinguishing characteristic between the believer and the non believer.

Sis. Sara
08-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Loving the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam provides an individual with emotional and spiritual strength that aids in times of tribulation.

Sis. Sara
08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Indeed Allah SWT created a Jannah in the dunya; the Jannah of the sweetness of Eeman and every Muslim should strive to attain this Jannah, inshallah.

Sis. Sara
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
The most genuine and sincere type of love is the love for Allah SWT's Sake Alone.

Sis. Sara
08-09-2010, 12:39 PM
When bonds are made between people for the Sake of Allah SWT, inshallah Allah will strengthen these bonds and not allow them to break.

Sis. Sara
08-09-2010, 12:50 PM
A person's true character becomes evident when they are in a position of authority and power i.e. when they are able to choose whether to be merciful or whether to be cruel. What is our true character? Do we strive to show mercy and thus become merciful like our beloved Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam or do we take the easy option and not show mercy to those we have authority over? Let us work to take the harder option to us but more pleasing to Allah SWT and become more merciful, inshallah.

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Sisters Gems! :)

During wars muslims should not attack

1. Women and children
2.Old men and women who do not partake
3.farmers and priests

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:40 PM
You can never be happy with the wealth you have,until you give it away in the path of Allah.....

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Absence makes the hearts grow fonder...

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Too much food can deaden emotions!

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Enter salah with a relaxed frame of mind...

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
True courage is FACING that which you FEAR!....

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Our beloved Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam used to take a short nap after dhuhr...

filsan
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Prophet's sallalahu alayhi wasallam farewell advice:
Do not turn my grave into a place of worship...

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
When we cry it is a means of soul PURIFICATION....

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:01 PM
The hand that gives is better then the hand that takes....

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Women are the educators of their children reason it is recommended that they pray @home....

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Emotions are connected to SPRITUALITY...

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Stand up for Islam and DEFEND the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam....

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Patience is when the calamity first strikes...

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Send salam to the prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam wherever you are...

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Nights were created for sleep... :)

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Greater then one's love for his children should be love for JUSTICE

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Indeed the eyes will shed tears But our tongues will only say that which pleases Allah swt...

filsan
08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Worship in the night so you can stand during the day!...

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Trying to describe the Prophet (s) is like an ocean with no shores..

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Loving the Prophet (s) is a love without any type of negative affiliation..without any pain.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Had the prophet (s) not been given any miracles, the preservation of his life is proof that he is a prophet.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Ibn Al-Qayyim (ra) went to visit his teacher in prison and asked him how he was...his teacher responded saying, indeed in this world is a paradise and those who do not enter it will not be in the paradise of the hereafter...he was talking about the sweetness of emaan

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
"None of you truly believes until i am more beloved to himself than his parents, his children, and all of mankind"

Bukhari and Muslim

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Each prophet was given a dua by Allah that is garunteed, all of the prophets have used up their dua's except for prophet Mohammed (s) who has saved it for us on the day of judgment.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
One of the companions of the prophet (s) went to the prophet (s) and said...when i'm with you, i cant help but stare at you and when im not with you, i think about you, but i know one day your not going to be here and that makes me feel sad...the prophet (s) responded by saying, you will be resurrected with those whom you love.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Rabi'ah ibn ka'ab was the water boy for the prophet (s) and the prophet (s) said to him ask me for anything and i will give it to you or supplicate for you and rabi'ah asked to be with the prophet (s) in Jannah..

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:38 PM
The prophet (s) brought us guidance when we were in ignorance

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Gentleness is not put in any matter except that it beautifies it and harshness is not put it any matter except that it makes it ugly

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Allah says, when you go to visit the prophet (s) take a gift..so what gift would you give the prophet (s)?

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
The best praise that Allah gives is 'Abd..this shows that their worship is accepted.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:32 PM
The simplest answer is the best answer :)

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
When the prophet (s) is there, you cant help but look at him and when he's leaving, you cant help but stare and when he's gone you think about him

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
The beauty of Yusuf (as) was for his time but the beauty of the prophet (s) is from the begining of time to the end so the prophet (s) is the most beautiful

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
The actions of the prophet (s) are normal human acts until proven as worship

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Doing what you think the prophet (s) would do in a paticular situation is sunnah

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
The prophet (s)'s favouritce colour was GREEN

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Even though the prophet (s) had a shortage of food, he (s) would still feed the companions.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Walking fast is a sunnah! it shows you have a vision/goal

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Sometimes the prophet (s) would go months living on just dates and water...

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:43 PM
The prophet (s) had the gift of concise speech, he says a few words which has deep meaning

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA) thanked Allah for three things when he was going through a trial:

1) This trial was not in our deen
2) The trial was not as big as it could have been
3) Thank Allah (swt) that He allowed us to be patient

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Worship throughout the night keeps you strong throughout the day.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:47 PM
The Prophet (s) was sent as a mercy to mankind

a) Everytime a person shows mercy, kindnes e.t.c he is following the sunnah of the prophet (s) whether he knows it or not.

b) Every nation before, if they didnt follow their prophet they got destroyed - not with the prophet (s)

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:48 PM
True happiness in this world is NOT related to wealth!

Wealth stays in your hands and leaves your hands, it should not EVER enter your heart.

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
In every challenge that you face in life....invoke Allah...

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Most fortunate people are those that will attain the intercession of the prophet (s)...you can do this by:

1) Saying La ilaha Illah Allah sincerely from the heart and acting upon it

2) When you hear the adhan, say as the mu'adhin is saying and say the dua at the end

_Jannah_
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Qarin is a shaytan that intices people towards evil deeds, the prophet (s)'s Qarin accepted Islam!

-Umm Mujahid-
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Jazakumullaahu Khairan for sharing

UmmNusayba
08-13-2010, 09:16 AM
When we claim Love, it comes with responsibility.

"There was never a happier day in my life than when the prophet (s) said: 'A man will be raised with those who he loves' - I may not have the deeds of Abu Bakr... But I will be elevated due to my Love"

Loving the Messenger (s) brings peace to the heart, and provides an emotional and spiritual strength.

Loving the Messenger is the Pinnacle of Love in this world and the hereafter.

A sign of Love is that you follow his Sunnah.

"Go and Die for that which he died for..." [Anas ibn Nadr ra]

When it comes to Rasoolulah (s) no detail is insignificant

People who have a mission walk at a fast pace - Rasoolullah walked the most fast because he had the greatest mission

There are 3 instances when you should check your heart
* When Reading the Quran
* When leaving a gathering of Knowledge
* When you are alone away from the world

Yes His Ibadah was unique and profound - But it is not impossible: We Just need to change our perspective.

Imam Ghazali on Khushoo: "If only people understood the meaning if Allahu Akbar when they began the prayer (they would achieve the khushoo)

The Messenger of Allah (s) cried out of Love for this Ummah.

"The eyes will shed tears but the tongue will say only that which is pleasing to Allah"

Ata' student of Ibn Abbas: "Every time and individual acts in a manner of kindness & mercy it was from following the example of Rasoolulah (s) whether he realizes it or not"

"By Allah if Fatimah (bintu Muhammad) stole I would cut off her Hand" = Justice

Bravery is greater than just what is manifested on the battlefield, Standing up to do the right this requires bravery, to have a vision and to try and change the society and put in the right direction, that is Brave.

Bravery - Doing what Allah commanded you to do even if society, friends, family your nafs and shaytaan are against you. Pleasing Allah no matter who it displeases.

Dua is the 1st resource in every challenge - So Make Dua, Then step forth out into the battlefield of Life.

Train yourself to be the best you can be, put your trust in Allah, gather like-minded individuals and be the change.

"The best money (rizq) is that which you earn yourselves"

Muslims stand for Justice and Honour, Even in war we have Ethics and limits

Loving the Messenger = Success.

There is a paradise on earth not that you can see or touch it, it is a paradise within you (it is) The Sweetness of Emaan.

[Teacher of Ibnul Qayyim whilst imprisoned] - "In this word there is a paradise, and he who does not enter into the paradise in this world will not enter into the paradise in the hereafter"

Sis. Sara
08-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Being just in all things will bring about taqwa (piety) in an individal, inshallah.

Sis. Sara
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Part of loving the Qur'an is having a daily relationship with it (i.e. reciting it and memorising it)

Sis. Sara
08-14-2010, 11:27 AM
All of the commandments of Allah SWT are full of wisdom and benefit us both in the dunya and in the akhirah.

Sis. Sara
08-14-2010, 11:37 AM
The Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam has more right on the believers to be defended by them than the believers have unto their own selves.

Sis_H
08-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Let your wealth enter your hand and leave your hand, and do not let it enter your heart.

**Jannah**
09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
If you want to know the seal on your heart then look at how you read and understand the quran.

**Jannah**
09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
The prophet peace be upon him is mentioned 4 times in the quran as muhammed and 1 time Ahmed

**Jannah**
09-21-2010, 10:04 AM
There are more similarities between the prophet peace be upon him and musa and Isa

**Jannah**
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
The prophet peace be upon him disliked 2 colours on men Yellow and Red

**Jannah**
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
The name of the prophet peace be upon him sword is called Dulfikar