PDA

View Full Version : 96 Days, 99 Names

wannabebrown
01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

There are 96 Days until our beautiful class Valley of the Seekers: Living the 99 Names and Attributes of Allah!

Since we have 99 Names and 96 Days I will be posting up a Daily Quiz, until the date of the seminar has arrived. Near then end I'll have 2 per day so we can get some good knowledge on the names before the class insha'Allah.

Any and everyone feel free to take part and I will reveal the correct answer at the end of the night insha'Allah. Try not to cheat, this will give you a good way of testing your own knowledge :).

You may be asking, why bother? Well check this out, insha'Allah this little game will help us all:

The Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:

إِنَّ لِلَّهِ تِسْعَةً وَتِسْعِينَ اسْمًا مِائَةً إِلاّ وَاحِدًا مَنْ أَحْصَاهَا دَخَلَ الْجَنَّةَ

Indeed, Allah has 99 names (one hundred minus one); whoever memorizes them will enter Jannah. [Saheeh Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim]

So without further adieu, let's start!

wannabebrown
01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Day #1:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Guide?

a) Al-Mumit
b) Al-Akhir
c) Ar- Rashid
d) Ar-Ra'uf

ryan
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Ar-Rashid

sarakm
02-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Walikum Assalam Wr Wb
This is EXCITING :D

alright bismillah
I'll go with Ar Rasheed

wannabebrown
02-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Answer for Day #1:

c) Ar-Rashid ( الرشيد )

Ar-Rashid is the 98th Name of Allah (swt)

Good Job People!

wannabebrown
02-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Day #2:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Provider?

a) Al-Bari'
b) Ar-Razzaq
c) Al-Ghaffar
d) Ar-Ra'uf

sarakm
02-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Ar Razzaq :d

and no im not cheating just so u know :p

wannabebrown
02-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Ar Razzaq :d

and no im not cheating just so u know :p

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and insha'Allah you are not cheating haha ;)

warda ahmed
02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Asalaamwalekum
Ar Razzaq
(see if we spoke arabic we would know most of the names,next class in Almaghrib should be LEARNING ARABIC,lol)

NoVictims
02-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Wannabebrown, may Allah(swt) forgive you for not letting me know about this earlier (say Ameen :P) AMEEN

okay so now that the real competition is here, Bismillah!

lol i just realized they both answered the question already :(

so yeah Ar Razzaq..

wannabebrown
02-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Answer for Day #2:

b) Ar-Razzāq الرزاق (The Provider)

Ar-Razzāq is the 18th Name of Allah (swt)

إِنَّ اللَّـهَ هُوَ الرَّزَّاقُ ذُو الْقُوَّةِ الْمَتِينُ

"Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength."-51:58

Al-Imam Al-Ghazali stated that "Ar-Razzaq is the One who created the means of sustenance and those who need them. The purpose of the former is to satisfy the latter. Ar-Razzaq also created for them the causes of enjoying this sustenance. There are two kinds of sustenance, one is manifest sustenance, and consists of nourishment and food. The second is that Allah (swt) might give him knowledge to guide (others), a tongue that is able to direct and teach, and a hand capable of giving alms." [Al-Ghazali's Al-Maqsad Al-Asna]

wannabebrown
02-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Day #3:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Rewarder of Thankfulness?

a) Ash-Shakur
b) Ash-Shahid
c) Al-Hasib
d) Ar-Rafi

warda ahmed
02-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Asalaamwalekkum
Yeayii I am the first to ans,ehhhmm
Bismillah(I am not too sure tho)

Ash-Shakur?

mohamedhassan3
02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
ash-shakur

wannabebrown
02-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Answer for Day #3:

a) Ash-Shakur الشكور (The Rewarder of Thankfulness or The Appreciative)

Ash-Shakur is the 36th Name of Allah (swt)

وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِنْ شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِنْ كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.' " (14:7)

____
Good Job, you are all very smart masha'Allah :)

wannabebrown
02-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Day #4:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The All-Hearing?

a) Ar-Raafi'
b) As-Sami'
c) Al-'Adl
d) Al-Khabeer

mohamedhassan3
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
i choose B!

Zeinab Alimire
02-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Asalam everyone !! i would say: As-Sami'

sarakm
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
B!! As Sami

wannabebrown
02-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Answer for Day #4:

b) As-Sami' السميع (The All-Hearing, The Ever-Listening)

As-Sami' is the 27th Name of Allah (swt)

وَإِذۡ يَرۡفَعُ إِبۡرَٲهِـۧمُ ٱلۡقَوَاعِدَ مِنَ ٱلۡبَيۡتِ وَإِسۡمَـٰعِيلُ رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلۡ مِنَّآ*ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡعَلِيمُ

And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing. [2:127]

-The One whose hearing and attention comprehends everything. The One who pays attention to every supplication and invocation.
-The One who listens to every voice. The One who hears and accepts every word, thought and secret.
-The One who listens to everything, perfectly, eternally, without limitations.

____
Masha'Allah, Masha'Allah!!

wannabebrown
02-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Day #5:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Forbearing?

a) Al-'Adl
b) Al-Khabeer
c) Al-'Azeem
d) Al-Haleem

mohamedhassan3
02-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I choose D!!

sarakm
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
i will go wih c..

wannabebrown
02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Answer for Day #5:

d) Al-Haleem الحليم (The Forbearing)

Al-Haleem is the 33rd Name of Allah (swt)

"Al-Halim is the One who witness the disobedience of the disobedient, the One who sees the violation of the command. But anger does not rouse Him and rage does not seize Him. He is not one who is prompted by haste and reckless to take swift vengeance, even though He has the unlimited power to do so" -Al-Imam Al-Ghazali

wannabebrown
02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Since I fell behind with the quiz I'm going to catch us up with two names and post a question for today insha'Allah.

wannabebrown
02-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Day #6:

Al-Khabīr الخبير (The All Aware)

Al-Khabīr is the 32nd Name of Allah (swt)

"Allah, Who created humanity as well as space and time, is not bound by these concepts. Allah, Who is exalted above anything, naturally is aware of all that takes place in the universe, regardless of time or location. He knows how many stars are in a galaxy located millions of light years away, each celestial body's orbit as well as the information hidden inside a seed lying underground. Allah also knows everything about people's lives: their actions, where they were born and where they will die, and for what purpose they strove. He even knows such small details as when they cried or laughed, as well as their most secret thoughts, for He created them." [Taken from Harun Yahya]

wannabebrown
02-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Day #7:

Al-'Azīm العظيم (The Magnificent)

Al-'Azīm is the 34th Name of Allah (swt)

"Allah (swt) is the absolute "Great One" who exceeds all limits of human understanding so that the comprehension of his essential being is inconceivable." -Al-Imam Al-Ghazali

wannabebrown
02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Now that we are all caught up, here is the question for today :)

Day #8:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Resurrector?

a) Al-Baa'ith
b) Ar-Raqeeb
c) Al-Majeed
d) Ar-Raafi'

mohamedhassan3
02-07-2011, 11:35 PM
i choose a

wannabebrown
02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Answer for Day #8:

a) Al-Baa'ith الباعث (The Resurrector)

Al-Baa'ith is the 50th Name of Allah (swt)

[2:28] كَيْفَ تَكْفُرُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَكُنْتُمْ أَمْوَاتًا فَأَحْيَاكُمْ ثُمَّ يُمِيتُكُمْ ثُمَّ يُحْيِيكُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"How can you reject Allah, when you were dead and then He gave you life, then He will make you die and then give you life again , and then you will be returned to Him?" [2:28]

wannabebrown
02-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Day #9:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Trustee?

a) Al-Waajid
b) Al-Waahid
c) Ar-Raqeeb
d) Al-Wakeel

mohamedhassan3
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
i choose d

warda ahmed
02-10-2011, 12:57 AM
D :) ...

wannabebrown
02-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Answer for Day #9:

d) Al-Wakeel الوكيل (The Trustee)

Al-Wakeel is the 53rd Name of Allah (swt)

Those to whom hypocrites said,

الَّذِينَ قَالَ لَهُمُ النَّاسُ إِنَّ النَّاسَ قَدْ جَمَعُواْ لَكُمْ فَاخْشَوْهُمْ فَزَادَهُمْ إِيمَاناً وَقَالُواْ حَسْبُنَا اللّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

"Indeed, the people have gathered against you, so fear them." But it [merely] increased them in faith, and they said, "Sufficient for us is Allah , and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs." [3:173]

wannabebrown
02-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Day #10:

Al-Haqq الحق (The Truth)

Al-Haqq is the 52nd Name of Allah (swt)

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ هَادُوا إِن زَعَمْتُمْ أَنَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ لِلَّهِ مِن دُونِ النَّاسِ فَتَمَنَّوُا الْمَوْتَ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

"That is because Allah is the Truth and because He gives life to the dead and because He is over all things competent." [22:6]

wannabebrown
02-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Day #11:

Which name of Allah (swt) means The Most Loving?

a) Al-Waajid
b) Al-Wadood
c) Al-Waliyy
d) Al-Waahid

mohamedhassan3
02-10-2011, 02:54 AM
b....

NoVictims
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Al Wadood :)