PDA

View Full Version : Qs for Sh. Yasir

Amatullah -Slave of Allah
08-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Wondering if Br. Abu Ammaar came across the petition to save the birthplace of the Messenger, salallahu alaihiwassalam.

What is the ruling on that?

I heard it is a library that is going to be destroyed by Saudi government to make hotel or for expansion (not sure about the reason)...but they are saying it is for economic reasons rather than theological.

There has been a hue and cry about that...Can sheikh please explain what is the Islamic ruling on that?

Abu Ammaar
08-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Salaam Aliakum

I'm not really aware of that move by the gov., but I do know there's a lot of expansion going on.

The birth-place of the Prophet (SAW) is reputed to be where the current library of Makkah stands. The original house was long destroyed; what stands is a modern library. Even if this location is true (and of course no one can really prove anything in our times; its all rumours) the fact that there's a library or store or something else in that location is not of relevance to our deen. None of the Companions or early scholars, or famous Imams, or theologians of the past, requested or called for some special structure to be built in that location.

Yasir