View Full Version : Scripts
11-18-2004, 10:15 PM
I attended Kamal Al Mekki's workship on Da'wah and one thing i really benefitted from was the "Memorized Script".
Basically it's a script you memorize for certian situations. For example "Street Da'wah" the script would be very short, for "one on one" you would have a longer script.
So i decided to make a Script for replying to Misconceptions. I've memorized these so whenver a person talks about it i just hit them with it. Again these are MY own notes, which means there might be some things you don't like. I'm just sharing it so you can get an idea of what i'm talking about.
As for the Women in Islam seciton, i know it's long and that's actually not my real script. I put all these points down so you can pick and choose from them.
11-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Slavery in Islam
1) Don’t use this tunnel vision. This process not only completely abolished slavery from the Muslim world but the approach was the most humane and most peaceful method ever employed for this task.
a) To narrow down the sources of slavery with a view to eliminating it all-together
b) OPENING a wide avenue for slaves to gain independence
2) First of all, slavery back in the days of Islam is not the same as we picture it today. They weren't considered animals or mere objects; they were considered servants with RIGHTS.
3) If you killed your slave back in the days of Islam, you would be killed
4) Islam couldn't get rid of Slavery all at once. Because if you do this many problems will arise; people will revolt, the economy will have to be changed completely and even if the slaves were freed, most likely they'll come back to their masters. This is what happened in the U.S., because most of them were illiterate and didn't know what to do once they were freed.
5) Islam takes the gradual approach to solving problems.
a) Teaching the slaves how to read and write.
b) Encouraging Slave owners to free slaves, the rewards for freeing Slaves in Islam
6) Which commandment is better? “No slaves” or “Free the slaves”?
Dr. George Brest, a non-Muslim historian says, "Christianity did not object to slavery. Politically or economically, it did not encourage the believers to oppose the traditions of their generations as regards slavery. Christianity did not even discuss the problem and said nothing against the rights of slave owners. It did not urge slaves to demand their freedom and did not basically ask to free the slaves."
11-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Hijab in Islam
-Judge what I’m saying not by the values you grew up learning. Throw those away and just judge what I say by common sense and human intuition.
-Judge not a religion by its people, Judge a religion by its scripture. If insisting on judging by people, look into the first 3 generations of Islam
-Whatever God commands us to do, we do it even if we don’t understand the wisdom behind it. And I’m convinced this is true; do you have this conviction in your religion?
1) Look at classmate, why wearing these clothes, culture or personal choice?
2) Exploitation of the female body in selling merchandise
3) EVERY society oppresses women
4) Hijab, face isn’t covered
5) Nobility of face, creation of God
6) Looked at as a person, not sex object
7) Have some dignity and nobility
8) Respect yourself
9) Challenge everyone to speak to a Muslim girl on campus and ask her why she’s wearing the Hijab
Womankind is being exploited, female sexuality is being openly used in advertising, mainly to attract the desires of men and therefore sell the product. Is the woman really free in today's society? The answer is obviously no, the constant bombardment by the media as to how the ideal woman should look and dress testifies to this.
Islam liberated woman over 1400 years ago. Is it better to dress according to man or God?
11-18-2004, 10:21 PM
-What happens during warfare, famine?
-Sabab Al Nuzol for Ayah
-Population is usually always more women
-Benefit for Woman; shelter, food, sexual pleasure (again practicality in Islam)
-Rights of Marriage
-Concept of Justice
-Elimination of tyranny, mischief, transgression
-Who calls for it?
-Rules of Jihad
-Muslim soldiers wanted to go help other Humans from Persians and Romans
-Story of giving back Jizya money
-Coptics in Egypt wanting Muslims to rule them
11-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Women in Islam
-Have the right to gain education.
-Engage in business.
-Engage in professions.
-Engage in public life.
-Keep their family name and identity.
Special Status for Mothers
-In Islam, the honor, respect, and esteem attached to motherhood is unparalleled.
-Child-bearing and pain of labor are not punishments.
-Emphasis in the Quran on the mother's great role in giving birth and nursing:
"And We have enjoined on man to be good to his parents: In difficulty upon difficulty did his mother bear him and in two years was his weaning. Show gratitude to Me and to your parents" (31:14).
Special Status of Women
1) The woman is allowed to work in any occupation.
2) The woman is excused from certain religious ceremonies and obligations.
3) If a woman dies while giving birth to a child, she is rewarded with the highest station in Paradise.
4) The person who is killed while defending his mother, wife, daughter or sister will be rewarded with the highest station in Paradise.
5) It is permissible for a woman to seek a separation from her husband if he has failed to fulfill her marital rights.
6) The mother has been given preference over the father – three times over.
7) Whoever truly desires paradise – Know that paradise lies at the feet of the mother.
8) Whoever has daughters and treats them well – they will be a cause of him being screened from the hell-fire.
9) The honor and dignity of women is more valuable, precious and important to the Muslim than his own life.
10) If a woman possesses wealth, she is free to use it in any lawful way, without permission of anyone.
11) The woman has the right to the inheritance of her relative at the time of his death – even if he does not desire that she receive it.
12) If a man kills a woman intentionally, he no longer deserves to live and will be killed, even if the victim was his wife.
13) The Messenger of God – Blessings of Allah and Peace be Upon him – advised concerning the woman: Treat the women well.
He also said: The best of you are those who are the best in the treatment of their wives.
He also said: No one honors the woman except an honorable man. And no one humiliates her or holds her in contempt except one who is evil, vile, wicked and depraved.
a) “A diamond is not as precious is its on top of the sand for all to see”
b) Woman was made from the rib of man,
She was not created from his head to top him,
Nor form his feet to be stepped upon,
She was made from his side to be close to him,
From beneath his arm to be protected by him,
Near his heart to be loved by him.
-Hadith of 4 best women
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.