PDA

View Full Version : Ya Shaykh, Question regarding difference of opinion among the scholars

ibn Abid
03-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Asslam u Aliekum,

First I'd like to say that Shaykh I love you for the sake of Allah, i HIGHLY enjoyed the class..Alhamdulillah. There is something on my chest that I reallly want to ask you:

Considering that there is lots of difference of opinion among the scholars on different issues, is it permissible for a student, such as myself, to tell someone that "Well, there is difference of opinion among this issue but I personally feel that such and such is stronger than others and I agree with it as indicated by such and such shaykh due to such and such evidence." Hence, what I am trying ot say, ya Shaykh, is that is it ok for us to quote and support a certain opinion due to the fact that we personally feel a certain opinion is stronger than others due to the arguments presented by the scholars of that opinion? Is this wrong or right? Please let me know soon as possible Shyakh.

JazzakAllah Khair

vaids_13
03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
asalamualaikum Shaykh,

I've been thinking about the same thing and i just wanted to piggyback off this question and also ask:
is there a difference between responding to theological questions and juristic questions for regular students who study islam (like us). For example, if someone asks us: 'what is the view of Ahlus Sunnah regarding Seeing Allah in the hereafter?' verses someone who asks us fiqh questions like: 'what is the permissibility of such and such'
in both cases i'm assuming that the student has studied the issues and knows an answer from a scholar of sunnah, though they may not understand ALL of the daleel and statements of scholars from the past regarding it.

Jazak Allah Khayr Shaykh

I pray that Allah Rewards all of your efforts in His Cause

Waleed Basyouni
03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
wa alaikumussalaam

ahhabakAllaah allathee ahbabtanee feeh

Since I don't know your level of knowledge, here are some general points that may help:

- One who studies and knows a particular issue with its evidences is allowed to tell others about the rulings regarding it.

- It is permissible to transmit the fatwa of a scholar without necessarily mentioning all the opposing fatawaa stating that this is the fatwa of so-and-so, and you know that he is a qualified scholar.

- If you do not clearly understand the basis that made one opinion to be considerred stronger than the other, you must refer the person asking you to a scholar. You can't mention that one is stronger based on the fact that it "feels" right.. only based on clear knowledge and understanding.

- Important point to remember: Transfering a fatwa is a fatwa. Make sure you are up to the responsibilty because you will be asked about it in front of Allaah. Knowing this should push us to gaining more knowledge.

Waleed Basyouni
03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
asalamualaikum Shaykh,

I've been thinking ....is there a difference between responding to theological questions and juristic questions for regular students who study islam (like us). For example, if someone asks us: 'what is the view of Ahlus Sunnah regarding Seeing Allah in the hereafter?' verses someone who asks us fiqh questions like: 'what is the permissibility of such and such'
in both cases i'm assuming that the student has studied the issues and knows an answer from a scholar of sunnah, though they may not understand ALL of the daleel and statements of scholars from the past regarding it.

Jazak Allah Khayr Shaykh

I pray that Allah Rewards all of your efforts in His Cause
The seeing of Allaah by the believers in the Hereafter is a matter of consensus among the scholars of AhlusSunnah. You don't need to know all the details regarding the matters of ijmaa' like this.

professor_z
04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Shaykh, I was looking for clarification on two points you mentioned:
-> "Transfering a fatwa is a fatwa."
-> "It is permissible to transmit the fatwa of a scholar without necessarily mentioning all the opposing fatawaa stating that this is the fatwa of so-and-so, and you know that he is a qualified scholar."

My question essentially is, if someone were to ask "What is the ruling on such and such" and another may respond by saying "Shaykh xyz has written an article/fatwa on this topic which you can read over." Or even, "website (www.ExampleFatwaSite.com (http://www.ExampleFatwaSite.com)) has a vast series of articles from prominent Shuyookh on various topics".

So in both cases I am transmitting fataawaa and I am held responsible (in a good way or maybe bad) for any conclusions the individual may make? So I am responsible for letting an individual see the views of a specific Scholar(s)?

I truly appreciate all your hard working in fielding all these questions. Yaa Shaykh, may Allaho ta'aala reward you with the best in this dunya and the akhirah.