PDA

View Full Version : ..:: LOG GEMs ::..

wannabebrown
10-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum LOG Students,

It has been an AlMaghirb tradition to post the GEMs from the seminars that we attend on both the beautiful boards of the seminar room and also up on the forums for others to see.

There have been many new faces to the Qabeelat Thalj team so I wanted to take a moment to explain exactly what GEMs really are.. I found a beautiful description that our fellow Qabeelat Madinatayn put together so here goes:

Welcome to our GEMs thread! In AlMaghrib Institute lingo, "GEMs" stands for "Genuinely Enlightening Moment," and it refers to the student collection of quotes, phrases or advice from the present seminar.

i.e. When the Shaykh says something during the class that makes you say “SubhanAllah,” or has a positive impact on you, write it on the board in the form of a quote, catchy phrase, or general advice to benefit those in class as well as here on the forums to benefit the larger online community. InshaAllah, consider it Sadaqah Jaariyah, for every bit of knowledge imparted to the readers will earn you more and more Hasanat!

So in this thread, I invite you all to post your GEMs for our current seminar: LIGHT OF GUIDANCE!

And remember that “the difference between those who remember Allah Subhaana waTa'ala and those who do not is like the difference between the living and the dead"--so which are we?

We're looking forward to reading your GEMs, so Jazakum Allahu Khayr in advance!