PDA

View Full Version : Who rocks the party that rocks the partay?!(Qabeelah Ansar)

Isomage
02-14-2005, 03:01 AM
Assalmualaikom...So we had our first promo event, alhamdulilah.

3 weeks of advertising and close to 800 attendees, now what does it tell you?

Yes, we are on the top, alhamdulilah. And will remain so, insh'allah.

I saw such great zeal for Al Maghrib's launch amongst the attendees.Everyone I talked to at the Eman Rush and Al Maghrib booth was so impressed:).

Also, Mr.Manager asked me to convey a big jazakallah khair to the commited cohort of volunteers; this event would not have been possible without the highest level of dedication and determination you all portrayed.

Just imagine how many people benefitted lastnight and will continue to benefit from knowledge gained from an event made successful by the effort put in by our team. I ask Allah SWT to reward you all and I ask you all to continue working with the same diligence insh'allah.

Qabeelah Ansar Zindabad(rocks)!

Wasalamualaikom

Muhammad Alshareef
02-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Alhamdulillah.
Ma sha Allah, this title of this thread really caught my eye. And I just wanted to say Qabeelat Ansar is sooo deserving of it. I just sat back at the event in amazement at what Qabeelat Ansar was capable of. I would say it was one of our most successful promo events in the history of AlMaghrib, especially because it was organized by our own people.

May Allah ta'ala accept the noble intentions of all those who sold the tickets, encouraged their friends, came early, left late, and made dua for the entire event. The topic was the ABC's that we all needed, and alhamdulillah, i feel i benefitted just as much as anyone else from the reminder.

May Allah ta'ala accept this effort, grant it tawfeeq and barakah, and bless this seed to bear the fruit of a blessed tree of knowledge in CAnada. Ameen.

Ingy Alhelawe
02-14-2005, 06:53 AM
Ma sha Allah, this title of this thread really caught my eye.
AsSalam Alykum Warhmat Allahi Wabarakatu
I was just going to say the same thing Masha'Allah.
May Allah make Qabeelat Al-Ansar's goal successful Aameen.
and may all of the Almaghrib Expereinces for everyone be as beneficial and awesome and blessed as all of ours.
WasSalam Alykum Warhmat Allah
Ingy Alhelawe

mujahada
02-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Is the official number of attendees actually 800...? I was impressed with the number I had heard... 550 or 600.

Wassalamu Alaikum,
Mujahada

alisalaah
02-14-2005, 11:13 AM
mashaa' Allah!

Mursaleen AlKhurasani
02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Subhanallah,

Ansar's first event....and 800 people! WOW!

Ansar did really rock the party!

HOSNA! You guys got some challenge cooking up here! ;)

I recognized the volunteers not through names, but rather red eyes. May Allah reward all the volunteers graciously, and may Allah keep all your intentions purely for his deen, ameen.

The event was very beneficial especially for the many families that showed up. Alhamdullillah, Ottawa is really a family town, atleast from what i have seen thus far. It was awesome to see people of diverse backgrounds show up. The arrangement and the diversity in style of speakers was just awesome.

Wa alhamdulillah.

Al Baraa
02-14-2005, 11:30 AM
You guys charged people for an AlMaghrib promo and you got 800 ppl to come?!?

Can you give us a break down on exactly what you guys did to get that result?

Intisar
02-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Wa 'Alaykum Salaam Wa Rahmatuallahi Wa Barakatuhu

Qabeelat Ansar absolutely represented! way to go Ottawahttp://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Jazaku Allahu Khayran to our manager and to all the wonderful volunteers who after Allah SWT made this event an absolute success. May Allah SWT shower you all with his Rahma, continue to bless Ottawa and make our city the centre of Ilm...ameen, thuma ameen.

I hope everyone is pumped for our upcoming seminar...If you haven't registered...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
do it now! www.almaghrib.ca (http://www.almaghrib.ca/)

Can you give us a break down on exactly what you guys did to get that result?1) Lots of du3aa
2) Awesome volunteers and
3) its simply in the Ansar blood http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Sajidalilah
02-14-2005, 12:34 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_6_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSXXXXXXXXCA) http://hmail.flamingtext.com/hmail/2005/01/11/flamingtext_com_1105505428_15945.jpg (http://www.flamingtext.com/hmail.html)

Congratulations Qabeelat Ansar ....... For a job well done.

Elhemdolilah washukr lilah the event was a success.

JazakAllah kheir to our ardently devoted Sheikh Muhammad Al shareef, manager, Ameer, Ameera, As well as all the dedicated and adherent volunteers.

MashaAllah TabarakAllah Laquwata ila Bilah.

spellbound for words....just proud of Ansar.... 800 Atendees, sub7anAllah!!

InshaAllah Our Accomplishments are recognized and approved by Almighty Allah, Ameen

Ya Allah Unsur Ansar

wasalam

Al Baraa
02-14-2005, 12:51 PM

Can you give us a break down on exactly what you guys did to get that result? 1) Lots of du3aa
2) Awesome volunteers and
3) its simply in the Ansar blood http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif Of course, but what was the actual process steps you guys took.

Who did the coordination?
What was the volunteer structure like?
Who did what?
What were the actions taken to accomplish this?
How many people were involved?
you know...the complete break down... thas wut im lookin for.

Muhammad Alshareef
02-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Of course, but what was the actual process steps you guys took.

Who did the coordination?
What was the volunteer structure like?
Who did what?
What were the actions taken to accomplish this?
How many people were involved?
you know...the complete break down... thas wut im lookin for.

It's actually a very interesting question: Why was there such a large and successful turnout? Hmmm...

Of course, after the Tawfeeq of Allah, my guess is that the event passed the 'tipping point' of hype and that's what carried the event.

But how did it pass the tipping point?

Other guesses include the fact that a lot of Ottawa Muslims are more USA informed. Meaning, they attend conferences in the USA, and they know more about AlMaghrib then say some other parts of the country.

But these are only guesses. What do you guys think? What's the word on the grapevine?

alisalaah
02-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Mashaa' Allah, ottawa is the place to be :)... 1000+ for the Conquest class for Sensei?

Hend Bindari
02-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

ALLAHU AKBAR!!

as it is said by some of us here in ottawa... "ooooohhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaah!!!"
:D

Masha Allah i'm sooooooooooooooooo loving Ottawa right now!! ALHAMDULILLAH!! I'm very proud of the Ottawans....very proud of the turn out...very proud of the success...

Jazaakum Allah khair, Mr Manager, Ameer and Ameerah! BLOODSHOT EYES! :D Alhamdillah.

sub7an Allah!! i know a few of us BOMBARDED EVERY BROTHER AND SISTER ON THE STREET!.... this was no passive grapevine... it was attack attack attack!!! thats all i can say really...

i'm all amped to start planning the next promo insha Allah!!!!

May Allah accept our deeds....and may Allah make our intentions pure. Ameen

Dua'a
02-15-2005, 12:35 AM
assalamu alaikum warahmatu Allah..
yeah me toooooooooooooo...this event just about doubled my love for the ottawan ppl!!! mannnnnn..they're just special!!! and it just reassured me of my "half somalian" side!!!:P

you guys REPRESENT!!!!!

okay...honestly...the biggest thing that i thought got a lot of ppl out...of course besides the dua'a and the intention (and trust me, insh'a allah, if u have the right intention to do ANYTHING, you will always succeed!!!)...but here is what i thought:
unfortunately ottawa is seperated....we got different communities within our muslim community!!! its sad..but its true...so this event, put it ALL back TOGETHER!!!!!...check this out:

Sh. Abdulabbas: the Dar Assunnah side of ottawa
Br. Riad: Cair, MYDO, and MAC
Br. Yasin: all of the myo youth (and those who were myo youth once upon a time..it was nice to have him back:)) and of course
Sh. Muhammad: only the best students seeking the BEST knowledge!!! and as he mentioned all those who know of almaghrib!!!!

so really...what Almaghrib just did was something we SERIOUSLY need in our beautiful city of ottawa. as much as i LOVE it here..i find it quite disturbing and upsetting...why..because our own islamic community, just within this city, is...well kinda divided. probably not completely...just everyone working on their own goals..but still...u rarely see ppl from different groups going to others' lectures!!! and i guess that's why Almaghrib is a lil different..its offering ilm for EVERYONE who wants it!!!!!
mannnnnnn..don't u just love almaghrib!!!

anddddddddd..that's all i had to say..actually..wait..one more thing:

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!! may Allah protect you all, and keep you on the sirat almustaqeem....a HUGE JAZAKUM ALLAHU KULLAL KHAIR goes to everyone who put any and every effort into making this event the success that it was!!! may Allah keep the city of Ottawa protected always!!! ameen ya rabb

take care...and now time for you to make some MAJOR dua'a for me!! i think i'm on my way to failing a midterm thursday..but with ur dua'a, i CAN DO IT!!! hehehe
yallah..
assalmu alaikum

Dua'a
02-15-2005, 12:36 AM
sorry..i know it a bit...well...really long..i can't help it
once i start typing i can't stop!!!:|

Isomage
02-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Assalamualaikom, the best person to answer this question in detail is Ali B, the Manager.

However, from what I understand, the main reason it was such a huge success was the advance ticket sales; when people buy their tickets they will try their best to come. When it's the ticket at the door deal, people are not as committed and usually "something else" comes up on a weekend or they become lazy.

Three weeks before the event, 30 tickets were distributed amongst 20 volunteers to sell on a personal level and most of them were able to sell their share, some sold even more. So,more than 600 tickets sold right there.

Typically, for an event it would be advertised that the tickets are available at so and so Islamic center/Halal Grocery store, etc. But for our event, we did it differently, targeting close family/friends by first introducing them to Al Maghrib/Shaykh Muhammed and then inviting them to this "one of a kind" event. We also introduced it as a "Community" event organized by Al Maghrib, which gives a better impression of giving back to the community than calling it a "promotional" event.

Location was something different for the community, not the usual lecture hall environment, and was a nice banquet hall. Parking was free, HUGE INCENTIVE!

Babysitting was available, something families really look out for...

Just my 2 rupees...

Waslaamualaikom...

Al Baraa
02-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Assalamualaikom, the best person to answer this question in detail is Ali B, the Manager.

However, from what I underst........ly look out for...

Just my 2 rupees...

Waslaamualaikom...
Ok so from what you said:

Ticket sales cause people to commit to that date
Target family & friends and advertise as 'community' event not 'promo'
Banquet Hall rather than a lecture hall

Was dinner free?
How did you guy arange the seating? Brothers and sisters seperate (front-back/side-side)? Families together? Reservations?
Must have been a huge banquet hall

Free Parking (Usually is in NJ Islamic events)
Babysitting

How was this setup?

Ali B, the Manager: What do you have to add?

Hasnain Z
02-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Assalamualaikum wrwb,

Alhamdulillah the event was a success...

I agree with what br. isomage and others have said.

a) pre-event ticket sales - we had appx 20 or more people selling appx 30 tics each.. and yes, many of them sold even more. This DID involve talking to close friends and relatives about our teacher, Sh. Muhammad.. what AlMaghrib stands for..

b) lots of advertisement... from jummahs in every highschool/mosques/uni, to email lists, to stores, posters, flyers.. word of mouth..usual stuff.

c) inviting several beloved speakers of Ottawa under one roof.. Almost everyone I spoke to enjoyed the topic.... and the speakers... my own sister was mentioning how she felt very emotional when Br. Yasin talked about the role of mothers... and scrapping the bottom of the pot for rice after feeding x number of children... Sh. Muhammad's "heart wheel" was an excellent tool to gauge oneself, jazakallah khair sheikh :)

d) babysitting.. we charged $3 for each child... this allowed many parents/families to attend without fear of 'oh, wat to do with the child...' I know i'd be more inclined to go if i knew i could leave my kids with some muslim babysitters etc :) Sr. Assia, pls add further ~ how you felt the babysitting helped.

inshallah the momentum in Ottawa remains high moving forward :)

take care all, jazakallah khair to all the volunteers.... see you in March (first class)... wslm wrwb,

Hasnain
Qabeelat Ansar

Al Baraa
02-16-2005, 09:51 AM
how much did you guys charge for tickets, was there food (dinner)?

Intisar
02-16-2005, 10:19 AM
$3/Students
$4/Adults
$5 at the door

We had light refreshments and snacks at cost.

Sajidalilah
02-16-2005, 12:31 PM
salam

Any atendees who were present for at least one of the lecures at Legacy of Luqman... plz post any gems and important issues or aspects that stood out to you .....please.

http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon3.gif

hope to hear some replies!!!!!

JazakAllah kheir

wasalam

Sajidalilah
02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon3.gif Every individual is inspired in his or her own special way.

Different issues or comments may alert two different people two tottaly different ways.

Combining them! Enlightens in more ways then one.

What Woke you?

http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon3.gifWaiting to hear some great replies.........

Al Baraa
02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
$3/Students
$4/Adults
$5 at the door

We had light refreshments and snacks at cost.
the tickets...were they printed at box office or just printed at kinkoes and cut out?

Isomage
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
the tickets...were they printed at box office or just printed at kinkoes and cut out?

The tickets were professionally designed,printed and cut out in 3 by 3 inches.
Bond paper was used with the basis weight of 100 pounds with a+ caliper.

lemme know if you have any more question:p

bint_abubakr
02-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu :)

I don't want to ruin the experience...so I'll give you a little sneak peek to hold you over until you get to see/hear the tapes...

Brother Raid Saloojee's speech the "Sweetness of Faith"...

When an 'abd stands before Allah (swt) in Salah, the body faces its natural qibla. The heart too has its own qibla - the heart's qibla is Allah (swt). Just like you wouldn't turn your physical body away from salah, don't turn your heart away from Allah.

Jazakum Allahu Khair everyone who put so much heart and effort into making this event a success...Even my dad had a good time :D

Sajidalilah
02-16-2005, 10:51 PM
JazakAllah kheir sis ....that was lovely

When an 'abd stands before Allah (swt) in Salah, the body faces its natural qibla. The heart too has its own qibla - the heart's qibla is Allah (swt). Just like you wouldn't turn your physical body away from salah, don't turn your heart away from Allah.
Ya Allah .. Indeed that was sweet.

Anyone eles wanna give me a sneak peak.....please... Im trying to whip something up here http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon12.gif
I don't want to ruin the experience...so I'll give you a little sneak peek to hold you over until you get to see/hear the tapes...

Teamleader
02-16-2005, 11:30 PM
MASHA ALLAH, It's good to see everyone working to get people involved in Islam in some form. Let's keep it going in other Qabeelat's also. By the way this title was from a rap song written by Mc Lyte but if it expresses how we feel in the halah then " I like to rock the party right too". Chic Chickahhhhhh

bint_abubakr
02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Anyone eles wanna give me a sneak peak.....please... Im trying to whip something up here

From Shaykh Muhammad's "Earning the Love of Allah"...

There is no one that humbles himself in front of Allah, except that Allah will raise him in rank...The way to go "up" in the sight of Allah is to ultimately go "down" (i.e increase in humility) ...

Sajidalilah
02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
JazakAllah kheir sis ...

Ur gems r like gold...

two speakers down two to go http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon12.gif

Ibstw
02-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Legacy of Luqman

The Night of Inspiration Continues!

Post Event Showing

Algonquin College.

Date and Time TBA: (Between Feb 21 & 24 & 7PM).

Stayed Tuned!

Intisar
02-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Wa 'Alaykum Salaam Wa Rahmatuallahi Wa Barakatuhu
Brother Riad's lecture:

"O my son! If it be (anything) equal to the weight of a grain of
mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the
earth, Allah will bring it forth. Verily, Allah is Subtle (in bringing
out that grain), WellAware (of its place).

Allah SWT begins by talking about the weight of a mustard seed. When Humans want to express their power, they talk about lofty things, but Allah SWT begins with a mustard seed. Whatever you conceal Allah SWT will bring it forth. 'Verily Allah SWT is subtle, well aware'. He SWT knows what is hidden even that which I don't know about myself.

Imam Ahmed is reported to have said
'Ya Allah, you have power over all things;
don't ask me about anything
but forgive me everything

*The good deeds of the saliheen are the bad deed of the awliyah.

'O my son! AqimisSalat (establish the prayer).'
Right after Allah SWT says 'Verily, Allah is Subtle, well aware' HE
SWT says' establish the prayer'. This is what Allah wants from u....
not to merely do the physical acts of salaah but to ESTABLISH it.

The focus of every individual rests in the delight of their eyes. Khusoo means that my hima (focus) is with Allah SWT.

When the 'Abd stands for salaah,
the body faces the qiblah
the qiblah of the body is the ka'ba.
And the Qalb has its qiblah and the qiblah of the heart is the Lord of the house.

How then can I turn from my qiblah?

The Prophet saws said 'you only have of your salah that which your
conscious about' (with ur heart). Salaah was the most beloved to him
saws, how much do we love salaah?

He saws was forgiven for his previous and future sin, yet he stood for long hours and
wept, when asked why, he saws responded by saying 'should I not
be a grateful 'Abd?

Salaah was the only command made mandatory during the mi'raj of the
prophet saws. one sheikh (May Allah preserve
him) said 'salaah is the walimah (wedding feast) of the qalb of the
mumin'.

'Oh my son! Enjoy the good and forbid the evil'.
When we have fulfilled our obligations to Allah SWT, it is our
responsibility to serve the community by upholding the highest
moral character…commanding the good and forbidding the evil.

Sabr is what makes us human.
Sabr is not the external act but the
bitterness of the heat inside of us. Sabr is the like the fire, you
don't like it, but you fight it to keep it inside of you.

There are 3 types of people:
1) those who are ungrateful
Those who when afflicted with a calamity say why? this is an indicator
that Allah SWT is punishing them.
2)Those who have sabr, althou they don't like what had befallen them.
3) those who have nothing inside their hearts (no bitterness).
Because the 'Abd knows and sees that it's from Allah SWT.

Dua'a
02-23-2005, 02:58 PM
d) babysitting.. we charged $3 for each child... this allowed many parents/families to attend without fear of 'oh, wat to do with the child...' I know i'd be more inclined to go if i knew i could leave my kids with some muslim babysitters etc :) Sr. Assia, pls add further ~ how you felt the babysitting helped.

salam..
sorry..i've been away from the comp for a while..no, i'm not punishing myself nor am i in trouble...my computer is down:( (yes, i wanna cry!!)

well..i just wanna say that no matter what happens, ALWAYS expect a turnout for babysitting. its' been proven;)
we had about 2 kids registered the night before...and there was like 30 kids there!!!
but i honestly had a blast. true, i did have ppl bail out on me as volunteers (not to mention the HEAD VOLUNTEERS!!) but alhamdulilah...the girls who helped really did an AMAZING job!!!!
one thing i wouldn't mind learning is what else can u do to a baby who really wants their parents besides holding them in ur arms and keep rocking!!!!! man...that was difficult...i love kids n' all..but i think i can handle those who can actually get distracted a bit and forget their mommy...but the babies...man..i think mothers are needed for that!!!

but other than that...i think they alllllllllllll had fun (or i hope:s)
that's all i got to say:)
yallah..
salamat

Ibstw
02-23-2005, 03:31 PM
My Son "Ibraheem" had the best time of his life. I looked into the room and I've never seen him so happy. Masha-Allah.

You did a good job.

Wasalam