PDA

View Full Version : Is AlMaghrib expanding to Chicago any time soon?

panIslamist
04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Assalam alaikum,
With 300,000+ Muslims, I was wondering if AlMaghrib was thinking about expanding to Chicago and offering courses there.

Jazakullah

puddingshop
04-18-2005, 01:58 AM
assalamu alaikum

In order for that to take place, a group of Chicagoans would need to get together and bid to bring AlMaghrib to Chicago for either 2006 or 2007.

There is one sister who contacted AlMaghrib previously, but I do not know what happened thereafter.

Are you interested in starting or joining local efforts to bring it to Chicago?

Abu Tajuddin
04-18-2005, 02:13 AM
PanIslamist

Why don't you come join us in Memphis this weeknd for the AlMaghrib promotional conference bring everyone you think might be interested in bringing AlMaghrib to Chi-town with you. Then you go back to the windy city on an total EmanRush! A lot of hard work and three months later, you have AlMaghrib in Chicago. How about Banu Reeh? I like that....

Siraaj
04-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Assalam alaikum,
With 300,000+ Muslims, I was wondering if AlMaghrib was thinking about expanding to Chicago and offering courses there.

Jazakullah

Walaykum as salaam,

There is an effort underway already :D If you're interested in joining up, please contact me at:

tigersabre at yahoo dot com

Siraaj

MariyamSyed
04-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Salaam,

just a question for br. siraaj, i was wondering what efforts have been undertaken to get al-maghrib to chicago, a lot of people i know have never even heard of al-maghrib. inshallah we should try nd get al-maghrib to chicago in 2006 INSHALLAH, but we need to do some mass publicity before then. maybe we should have a meeting for everyone who wants to bring al-maghrib to chicago and start some coordinated efforts in doing so. Just a suggestion.

Mariyam

Siraaj
04-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Salaam,

just a question for br. siraaj, i was wondering what efforts have been undertaken to get al-maghrib to chicago, a lot of people i know have never even heard of al-maghrib. inshallah we should try nd get al-maghrib to chicago in 2007 INSHALLAH, but we need to do some mass publicity before then. maybe we should have a meeting for everyone who wants to bring al-maghrib to chicago and start some coordinated efforts in doing so. Just a suggestion.

Mariyam

Salaam alaykum sister Mariyam,

There will be a gathering at my home this Sunday insha'Allah dealing with just that, what has been done, our status with al Maghrib in our bid, and where we're going from there on out.

If you'd like to attend the gathering, then please e-mail my wife at: liv_noor at hotmail dot com.

Siraaj

Salaam alaykum

Abu Tajuddin
04-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Salaamu Alaikum

A good starting point would be to come down to Memphis, TN and see a promotion first hand. Learn from our success and mistakes and then take it to the next level in Chicago!

Siraaj
04-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Salaamu Alaikum

A good starting point would be to come down to Memphis, TN and see a promotion first hand. Learn from our success and mistakes and then take it to the next level in Chicago!

Akhi, jazakallah khayr for the invitation. I'm actually from the Qabeelat that was established in West Lafayette, IN and have learned a lot about the process :D

However, we would be greatly indebted to you if you would share your insights with us after your promo is completed, and we hope many Chicagoans who have the ability will insha'Allah attend your promo.

May Allah (SWT) make your Qabeelat successful and reward all of your for your hard work and effort :D

Siraaj

Salaam alaykum

Abu Tajuddin
04-18-2005, 10:44 PM
In Sha Allah
I plan to share our experiences with on the forums shortly... Stay Tunned

-Waheed-
04-21-2005, 07:04 AM
AlMaghrib in Chicago is gonna rock - 2006! http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon14.gif http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon14.gif YEEEEEAAAAAH!
Inshaa Allah!

Where's my proof?
We had 19 brothers and sisters drive all the way down for the LOG class in
Indiana this past weekend! We had a wonderful time with them Alhamdulillah.
May Allah bless them all, Ameen!

Hey Siraaj, give the CPSA and IFS boys this message:
"ALLO......ALLO........ALLO........ALLO.....ALLO"

http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

-Waheed

Kojak
04-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Who's been assigned as their advisor? I'm curious. I just want to make sure their efforts don't go down the drain by not going through the proper channels.

JazakumAllah khairan.

Siraaj
04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Who's been assigned as their advisor? I'm curious. I just want to make sure their efforts don't go down the drain by not going through the proper channels.

JazakumAllah khairan.

Salaam alaykum,

Jazakallahu khairun for you concern.

Do not worry, insha'Allah we are going through the proper channels.

Olivia
04-21-2005, 03:38 PM
well, i must say i am totally stoked for the party at our place this sunday.

alhumdulillah, we already have a large group attending-goes to show the enthusiam and energy amongst the chicagoans :D

alas, banu burdue, my loyalties are torn! i've always been a tried and true indianian, but now that i've crossed state lines i'm here for the long haul with banu chicago, insha'Allah.

but dont worry (sisters), insha'Allah you can all come stay at my place when al maghrib hits chi-town :D

panIslamist
04-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Assalam alaikum

Jazakullah for the replies. Inshallah when AL Maghrib expands keep us posted.

puddingshop
04-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Salaam alaykum,

Jazakallahu khairun for you concern.

Do not worry, insha'Allah we are going through the proper channels. :Dassalamu alaikum Siraj,

Ok, I just spoke to the proper channels now. And, you guys have to go through the "actual" proper channel. Please do a search on how to go about doing that.

Nothing is finalized until everything is documented. That's policy for all the locations trying for 2006. There are no detours. Like, knowing someone on the inside doesn't necessitate a guarantee because AlMaghrib poses itself as Fair in its processes.

JazakAllah khair.

assalamu alaikum

puddingshop
04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
assalamu alaikum

I posted the above for the record inshAllah for the other locations working super hard to bring AlMaghrib to their cities.

Please refer to http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=9257

JazakumAllah khairan

assalamu alaikum

Olivia
04-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Salaam alaykum sister Mariyam,

There will be a gathering at my home this Sunday insha'Allah dealing with just that, what has been done, our status with al Maghrib in our bid, and where we're going from there on out.

If you'd like to attend the gathering, then please e-mail my wife at: liv_noor at hotmail dot com.

Siraaj

Salaam alaykum

for future reference, any sisters who want to contact me regarding the effort to bring al maghrib chicago please email me at olivia.almaghrib at gmail dot com.

thanks!

panIslamist
07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Siraaj
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Salaam alaykum,

And yes, we're still working on it. To date, the following has occurred:

1. An Ameer and Ameerah have been chosen, as well as the appointment of a brothers and sisters shura.

2. Critical tasks have been outlined and positions for each assignment has been filled (except for web developer, if anybody knows a good web developer in Chicago, that would be highly appreciated).

3. The shura plans on meeting in the next two weeks to hammer out the vision of Al Maghrib: Chicago that will set the tone for what goes into our work (websites, newsletters, etc), as well as our marketing plans.

Of course, there has already been work done in the past, and work to be done that has not been mentioned, but what is relevant has been posted here.

Siraaj

Irtiza Hasan
07-19-2005, 11:53 AM
AlMaghrib Chicago is going to be great. There first class might be the best class to date in AlMaghrib Institute history....

it is a new subject, with a new instructor and pending the discussions with the Chicago team we will be making announcements in the near future

Danish Siddiqui
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Br. Siraaj is the current Ameer for Banu Wasat (Chicago). If anyone needs information about AlMaghrib coming to Chicago, please contact him.

Siraaj
07-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Br. Siraaj is the current Ameer for Banu Wasat (Chicago). If anyone needs information about AlMaghrib coming to Chicago, please contact him.

Anyone who wants to talk to me further about Al Maghrib Chicago may do so at the following address:

almaghrib_chicago AT yahoo dot com.

Do I mention that...

BANU WASAT IS GOING TO ROCK THE AL MAGHRIB BOAT!!!!!! (insha'Allah)

Just thought you should know, in case, for some reason, ya didn't ;)

Siraaj

Salaam alaykum

Danish Siddiqui
07-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Do I mention that...

BANU WASAT IS GOING TO ROCK THE AL MAGHRIB BOAT!!!!!! (insha'Allah)

Akhi, can you make this any brighter? :)

Siraaj
07-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Would you like me to ;)

Siraaj

Danish Siddiqui
07-20-2005, 03:08 AM
If you think you can...I'd like to see how it's done :)

Siraaj
07-20-2005, 12:32 PM
BANU WASAT IS GOING TO ROCK THE AL MAGHRIB BOAT!!!!!!(insha'Allah)

Olivia
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
ouch, my eyes.

how about you say it in red, siraaj?

red is ALWAYS an attention-getter :D

mnhafiz
07-20-2005, 03:40 PM
MABROOK BANU WASAT

panIslamist
07-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Mabrook Keep us updated.

Inshallah

Assalamu alaikum

Dhul Qurnayn
08-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Banu Wasat The Undiscovered Giant

Danish Siddiqui
08-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Please ask your sister and her husband to e-mail us and we'll get them on our mailing list, insha'Allah. If she's been actively involved in the past with almaghrib in houston, then her input on the sisters side would be very valuable, insha'Allah.

Jazakallah khayr for the heads up.

Siraaj

The Brothers side too akhi ;)

Danish Siddiqui
08-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Banu Wasat The Undiscovered Giant

Insha'Allah. It all depends on how hard you guys work :)

Siraaj
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
The Brothers side too akhi ;)

That too :D

Siraaj

Siraaj
08-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Insha'Allah. It all depends on how hard you guys work :)

I met up with brother Dhul Qurnayn yesterday. Masha'Allah, awesome guy, he's already made huge contributions to our cause with just one meeting. I wish he wasn't leaving Chicago :(

Siraaj

Dhul Qurnayn
08-15-2005, 12:54 AM
I met up with brother Dhul Qurnayn yesterday. Masha'Allah, awesome guy, he's already made huge contributions to our cause with just one meeting. I wish he wasn't leaving Chicago :(

Siraaj

Salam dont' worry bro..just cause i'm going to michigan doesnt' mean the work stops...we're still gonna do stuff..in fact i can hang out with the other qabeelat..isnt' there one in ann arbor..i won't be close by but still probably drive there sometimes...

update on our work..since it was the weekend i couldn't get a hold of arun..I'll try to hookup with him tomorrow or tuesday inshallah...and then update u inshallah.

Danish Siddiqui
08-15-2005, 08:24 AM
What's going on with the promo preperations akhi Siraaj and others?? :D

Siraaj
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Heh, well, after hearing recommendations from yourself, Amr, my team in Chicago, and mulling over out options, I'm putting forward a plan of action for our team today which I think will insha'Allah knock everyone's socks off :D

Siraaj

Dhul Qurnayn
08-16-2005, 03:06 PM
salam siraj email me an update...There's another place i thought up of but It wont' have the modern amenities we need

Danish Siddiqui
08-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Heh, well, after hearing recommendations from yourself, Amr, my team in Chicago, and mulling over out options, I'm putting forward a plan of action for our team today which I think will insha'Allah knock everyone's socks off :D

Siraaj
Insha'Allah we can't wait to see it bro :)

REPENT
10-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Assalamoalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Due to lack of time, I am not reading the four previous pages, but I guess many people urge almaghrib to come to chicago. There are families here in which only selected people are upon the Quran and Sunnah and guess what, there duty is to start dawah from home right? Some people suggested that we should have our parents get in touch with Imam of local masjid or this organization or that organization,,,, but even those (specially from Indian subcontinent, including pak) majority has issues....
I sooooooooo want Almaghrib to come here inshaALLAH so I can without any doubts or worries bring my elderly and brother to almaghrib and have them get in touch with the ahlus sunnah wal jamah.
I really want almaghrib be started in chicago please please....so many people here need 'serious' reminders.

Ma'salama

Danish Siddiqui
10-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Masha'Allah we're glad to see your interest and enthusiasm in bringing AlMaghrib to Chicago.

Please contact Br. Siraaj, the Ameer of the Chicago group, to see how you can help and what is going on up there. He can be reached at almaghrib_chicago AT yahoo DOT com or you can try posting here and he will probably see it Insha'Allah.

Dhul Qurnayn
10-23-2005, 11:45 PM

Due to lack of time, I am not reading the four previous pages, but I guess many people urge almaghrib to come to chicago. There are families here in which only selected people are upon the Quran and Sunnah and guess what, there duty is to start dawah from home right? Some people suggested that we should have our parents get in touch with Imam of local masjid or this organization or that organization,,,, but even those (specially from Indian subcontinent, including pak) majority has issues....
I sooooooooo want Almaghrib to come here inshaALLAH so I can without any doubts or worries bring my elderly and brother to almaghrib and have them get in touch with the ahlus sunnah wal jamah.
I really want almaghrib be started in chicago please please....so many people here need 'serious' reminders.

Ma'salama

email me also bro ibnahmed460@hotmail.com maybe I know you...i moved to michigan but am helping both qabeelats inshallah
later on
and I'm assuming your talking about the grave worshipping families??chicago has many muslims but also many problems..but none we can't fix..inshallah we can make it happen
later on ma'salam

REPENT
10-24-2005, 01:41 PM

Brother, I am not a brother, I am a sister. I am concerned about the chicagoans because I know there are only a hand full of people here who are following Quran and Sunnah, other wise, lots of innovations...may ALLAH save us. amin thuma amin.

If I can be of any help, please please tell me what I can do.

JazakALLAH khairun katheer.

Masalama

Dhul Qurnayn
10-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Depending on where you live you can spread the word our strategy right now is to work with all the MSA's ...I'm sure your familiar with the madrassah in elgin? inshallah i'm working to tell them about maghrib..also maulana abdul saleem has a sister's section where they are becoming alimas perhaps you or some sisters can pay a visit and tell them about it.

email me i'll connect with you brother siraj who can then connect you with his wife..

your right there is quantity but very poor quality..the dawah of foolishness is rampant and the interfaith movement is very strong..they are fooling the youth by saying that it is for dawah purposes..but they dont' know what's behind it

To target the older people is dumb..this is my opinion becasue people that are old dont' listen...no matter what i'm pretty sure u know what i'm talking about..so all us young people inshallah can gather..I've done this in my own inner family we're beating the old in unity and hikmah..so inshalalh we can spill this over in the Chicago community

although there is some bad there is some good also...the msas do have good people I'm done with my b.s. degree so i havent' been around to check the scene

I think all we need IN CHi town is the spark...we light the spark and then the dominoes will fall...and then when we become solid in Chitown..we can extend our hands to Milwaukee and Madison there are muslim communities there..

alright sister later on email brother siraj so you can coordinate with his wife I'm sure there are other sisters...So you guys are the best people to go to Maulana abdul Saleem's madrassah and do ur thing

Dhul Qurnayn
10-24-2005, 02:58 PM
oh yeah another thing to add by no way am I saying forget about the old they dont need dawah..just based on my experience..and then my uncle who is an islamic scholar alhumdulliah and is on ahlus sunnah wal jammah said that they are like the clay pots after they are hardened they cant change..whereas where the soft clay which can be molded into something strong..

SO i'm not saying screw the old and in with the new age..no....let's do both..if u can target your family etc..than do it. If u need help on urdu lectures I can get u some

REPENT
10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
oh yeah another thing to add by no way am I saying forget about the old they dont need dawah..just based on my experience..and then my uncle who is an islamic scholar alhumdulliah and is on ahlus sunnah wal jammah said that they are like the clay pots after they are hardened they cant change..whereas where the soft clay which can be molded into something strong..

SO i'm not saying screw the old and in with the new age..no....let's do both..if u can target your family etc..than do it. If u need help on urdu lectures I can get u some
Alhumdulillah, Brother I can't believe subhanALLAH. When I was given the advice somewhere for Eman rush audio, I thought, hm...ok, its good for me but what about my parents who don't even understand english. It would be just awesome so my answer to the underlined part is yes yes. May ALLAH Subhana Wata'ala grant you the ajar of this and give you the best of this duniyah and the akhira. amin thuma amin.

Plus, its not that the old people can't change, but it requires a greatttttttttt deal of patience, I tell you I fail when it comes to patience with them. I fail badly, I hate myself when that happens, I hate compromising on deen but yet I do it. It is just that 'ALLAH guides whomever HE wishes' may it be old or young, what do you think?

PS. I will email you inshaALLAH

Siraaj
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Sorry I've been out of touch, it's Ramadan. The current update is that we've found the best time for both Chicago and AlMaghrib to hold the promo will insha'Allah be in February. More details to follow...

To get on the mailing list, please e-mail me at almaghrib_chicago AT yahoo dot com

Siraaj

MariyamSyed
10-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

FEBRUARY?? how come us banu wasat-ers dont know about this change in plans? i was all psyched for having the promo in december... but whatever is for the best i guess...

Mariyam

Ammar AlShukry
12-05-2005, 04:58 PM
salaam alaikum CHICAGO!!
I plan on attending the ICNA MAS Convention in the end of december, I wanted to know if you guys are going to be doing anything there??

General JibS
12-19-2005, 01:33 AM
walikum salam
A lot of brothers will be heading down south for the Texas Dawah convention InshaAllah, so im not sure if we are planning something for Icna Mas.

SubhanAllahWabhiHamdihi
01-08-2006, 05:51 PM
almaghrib is almost here, but april seems soo far away subhanAllah.
Wasalamualaikum wr wb.

General JibS
01-19-2006, 08:47 PM
lets make dua that everything goes great inshaAllah
salam walikum

OmerChoudry
01-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey I just moved to chicago from New Jersey. I live right by Devon. Where can I meet some of you guys? I need friends. I can volunteer also.

P.S. I need a car. Somebody hook me up.

Dhul Qurnayn
01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
salam brother i'm not living in chicago right now i'm in michigan but if u need any help on stuff..just contact me ibnahmed460@hotmail.com
You can pick up something like trade in times etc..for cars...

later on ma'salam

Dhul Qurnayn
01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
for help with al maghrib contact brother siraj he's the point man for the whole project

ibnislam
03-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey I just moved to chicago from New Jersey. I live right by Devon. Where can I meet some of you guys? I need friends. I can volunteer also.

P.S. I need a car. Somebody hook me up.
Assalaam u alaykum,

My in-laws live by Devon, and I'm there quite a bit. Wouldn't mind meeting you at all. E-mail me at i b n i s l a m @ a o l . c o m if you'd like.

General JibS
04-04-2006, 12:11 AM
AlMaghrib Institute presents
ILMFEST
The Inner Revolution
Saturday, April 22nd, 2006
10AM to 5PM

Rosemont Convention Center
5555 North River Rd.
Rosement IL 60018
2nd Floor South Ballroom

- featuring -
Shaykh Muhammad Alshareef
Shaykh Yasir Qadhi
Shaykh AbdulBary Yahya
Shaykh Mohammed Faqih

Saqib Shafi
04-04-2006, 01:01 AM
http://www.ymma.net/images/ilmfest_banner.gif

www.slaveofallah.com (http://www.slaveofallah.com)

General JibS
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7556783266737900998&q=yasir+qadhi&pl=true