AlMaghrib Forums

AlMaghrib Forums (http://forums.almaghrib.org//index.php)
-   Fiqh of Love: Marriage in Islam - FQH 305 (http://forums.almaghrib.org//forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   A love story: The marriage of Muhammad(pbuh) and Khadijah (ra) (http://forums.almaghrib.org//showthread.php?t=17928)

10-07-2006 10:29 PM

A love story: The marriage of Muhammad(pbuh) and Khadijah (ra)

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraktu,

I'm currently a Sat. school instructor for 11th/12th grade sisters in my local masjid. We will be having a module on the Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam)'s marriage and Khadijah (radhiAllahu anha). Are there any good references online or books that I can use to put together a lecture series? I already have the 'Mother of Believers' CD set.

Also, I'm looking for creative activities also to do to engage the students in what they are learning and to re-emphasize key characteristics of the 'Mother of the Believers' such as love, mercy, compassion, intellect, etc. Any suggestions?

JazakumAllahu Khayran

abd-al-haqq 10-07-2006 11:34 PM

Re: A love story: The marriage of Muhammad(pbuh) and Khadijah (ra)

assalamu alaikum; I was really intrigued by the title of this thread. I'm interested in knowing how or why is the Marriage between Nabi sall Allahu alayhi wassalam and Khadijah radhiAllahu anha a "Love Story". Or is it even appropriate to call it as such because "love story" in the language has certain connotations and certain meaning which isn't befitting as an attribution to the Nabi.

10-08-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abd-al-haqq
assalamu alaikum; I was really intrigued by the title of this thread. I'm interested in knowing how or why is the Marriage between Nabi sall Allahu alayhi wassalam and Khadijah radhiAllahu anha a "Love Story". Or is it even appropriate to call it as such because "love story" in the language has certain connotations and certain meaning which isn't befitting as an attribution to the Nabi.

Question:: Brother, have you been to FOL yet?

The Messenger of Allah salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam speaking about his wife Khadija said: "Verily, I was filled with love for her."

One time A'isha heard Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) say: “Give this to the friends of Khadija.” She said, “Why do you keep mentioning that old lady when you have someone young and beautiful?” And he said, “Don't say anything about that woman. She gave birth to her children and she believed, she supported them and helped the Ummah...”

These are only 2 examples; but subhan'allah you can see how much Love our Prophet (saw) had for Khadijah (ra).

Love is not a bad thing, it's only a feeling- it is what you do with that feeling that matters-

In Ibn Qayyim’s, al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, he says, "As for loving women, there is no blame on a person who has love for them. On the contrary, it is part of his perfection (as a human being) for Allah says, ‘wa min ayaatihi an khalqa lakum min anfusakum azwaajal li taskunu ilayha wa ja’ala bainakum mawaddatuwn wa Rahmah’ (Quran, Surah ArRum.)”

Love or Hubb, in arabic, is accepted in islam but it is Ishq (degree in love, when people lose their sense of rationale) which Allah has forbidden.

Insha'allah I pray that this helped and truely only Allah knows best!
:)

abd-al-haqq 10-08-2006 06:22 PM

Bismillah,

I wasn't talking about "after" the marriage. But, when you say "Love Marriage" it has the connotation that something was going on before the marriage and this doesn't seem beffitting...

...as far as Love goes I prefer what Ibn Tayimiah has to say about it in "al-uboodiyah".

(as for FOL- im thinking of attending Love Notes, hopefully.)

10-08-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abd-al-haqq
Bismillah,

I wasn't talking about "after" the marriage. But, when you say "Love Marriage" it has the connotation that something was going on before the marriage and this doesn't seem beffitting...

...as far as Love goes I prefer what Ibn Tayimiah has to say about it in "al-uboodiyah".

(as for FOL- im thinking of attending Love Notes, hopefully.)

My intention for this thread was to get more information on the beautiful marriage between Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) and Khadijah (radhiAllahu anha) and tips on how to present this beautiful marriage to high school girls. Allahu Alam.

abd-al-haqq 10-09-2006 08:32 AM

I don't beleive it was best to name it the way you did..."A Love Story" (????)- as if something was going on between the Nabi and Khadeejah- wal-`iyadhubillah.

10-09-2006 03:01 PM

Insha'allah lets get back on track... brother abd-al-haqq can you please make another thread regarding your question so that the sheikh can address it?!

Original Question::
"Are there any good references online or books that I can use to put together a lecture series? I already have the 'Mother of Believers' CD set.
Also, I'm looking for creative activities also to do to engage the students in what they are learning and to re-emphasize key characteristics of the 'Mother of the Believers' such as love, mercy, compassion, intellect, etc. Any suggestions? "

craving-jannah 10-10-2006 04:45 PM

Assalamualikum,
Regarding using reative techniques, I would suggest you can use Sheikh Yasser's method. You can ask the students to write down examples of compassion/mercy/love/quarrels etc. Usually, children get their idea of an ideal marriage (or the opposite) from their own parents or relatives. So asking them to write teir view, and then comparing those to the examples of teh Prophet (sw) would give a good perspective to the teenagers insAllah.

Sarah Mushtaq 10-10-2006 08:32 PM

In our Windsor magazine for Muslimahs, Nisaa', the sisters put in a hadith about the Prophet (PBUH) and love everytime and it's really good. It makes you think about how perfect he was in every way, Mashallah. Maybe at every halaqah you could say one hadith on a specific aspect of love and discuss it with your students. Wallahu'alim.

10-10-2006 10:56 PM

There is a couple of books I'd like to recommend. One is called "Women of Madina", and the other is "The Sealed Nectar". Both of these books can be found on the Darusalaam website for sale. Try IIPH dot com as well. Very beautiful books, especially "The Sealed Nectar," that one will make you feel as if you knew the Prophet 3aleyhi salaat wa salaam personally.

10-12-2006 08:53 PM

JazakumAllahu Khayran for all the tips =)
Ramadan Kareem