AlMaghrib Forums

AlMaghrib Forums (http://forums.almaghrib.org//index.php)
-   Heavenly Hues: Thematic Tafseer - QRN 301 (http://forums.almaghrib.org//forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Surah Mulk- Surah Waqiah (http://forums.almaghrib.org//showthread.php?t=37265)

ilmseeker 10-13-2009 12:43 PM

Surah Mulk- Surah Waqiah

I was wondering if someone can tell me what are the virtues of reciting Surah Mulk and Surah Waqiah every night? I had come across some hadith a while back, but wanted to double check (would it be ok to recite after isha or is it specified to recite right before going to bed?)

-a2z (posted under ilmseeker's account)

Nihalk1 10-13-2009 01:37 PM

Re: Surah Mulk- Surah Waqiah

The benefits of Surah al Waqiah (56)

8. The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recites surah al Waqiah at night would never encounter poverty’ [Ibn Sunni 620]

9. The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children’[Ibn Asakir]

The Benefits of Surah al Mulk (67)

10. The Prophet said, ‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoevere\recited it , until it puts him into paradise ‘ i.e.Surah al Mulk[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani inAl-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

11. The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave ‘[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

12. Jabir (radiAllahu anhu) said it was the custom of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel. [Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami]

13. Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported Rasulullah (sallallahu alaiyhi wasalam) as saying, “There is a Surah which will plead for its reciter\till it causes him to enter paradise (Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk).”[Tabrani]“

Amatullah 10-13-2009 01:39 PM

the hadeeth about reciting surah Waqiah every night and that it will prevent poverty is weak according to shaykh Albani.

surah mulk:

It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas’ood said: Whoever reads Surah al-Mulk every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam we used to call it al-maani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.
[Sunan An-Nasa'i]

Nihalk1 10-13-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yusra
the hadeeth about reciting surah Waqiah every night and that it will prevent poverty is weak according to shaykh Albani.

surah mulk:

It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas’ood said: Whoever reads Surah al-Mulk every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam we used to call it al-maani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.
[Sunan An-Nasa'i]

True, but there is supporting evidence for it. When Ibn Mas'ud was dying, Uthman (R) wanted to take out some money for his children as he had no sons. But Ibn Mas'ud (R) said that he had left Surah Waqi'ah with them and that was enough.

If someone could get me a reference though it would be good!

Amatullah 10-13-2009 09:34 PM

it's not only considered weak, some chains of the same narration are classified as fabricated.

I have the references for this..but they're in Arabic.

Yusuf513Khan 10-13-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmseeker
I was wondering if someone can tell me what are the virtues of reciting Surah Mulk and Surah Waqiah every night? I had come across some hadith a while back, but wanted to double check (would it be ok to recite after isha or is it specified to recite right before going to bed?)

-a2z (posted under ilmseeker's account)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihalk1
True, but there is supporting evidence for it. When Ibn Mas'ud was dying, Uthman (R) wanted to take out some money for his children as he had no sons. But Ibn Mas'ud (R) said that he had left Surah Waqi'ah with them and that was enough.

AS. For some reason the forums aren't letting me upload this PDF... but if you give me your emails I can send you a PDF called The Virtues of Some Surah's Graded by Sh. Albani r. It's pretty thorough. However, if you want Tahqeeq of the narrations, I can't help you out.

ilmseeker 10-13-2009 10:52 PM

^ email me at farooqyousuf1 [at] gmail [dot] com

Abd- Allah 10-13-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihalk1

Baaraka Allahu feekum all.

This supporting evidence stated above is actually part of the same hadith that is weak. The whole narration which is weak is that when Ibn Mas'ud was dying, Uthman wanted to give him money for his daughters, but Ibn Mas'ud refused and said that he told them to recite surah Waqi'ah every night, because he heard the prophet sallalahu alyhi wasallam say that reciting surah Waqi'ah prevents poverty, and this whole story is weak.

Amatullah 10-14-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilmseeker
^ email me at farooqyousuf1 [at] gmail [dot] com

me too please..jazakum Allahu khayran

ShujaSlam 10-14-2009 01:21 AM

waittt br. Yusuf do you mind emailing me alsooo??lol sorry.
reallyy interested in that list by sheikh albani rahimulah.
shujaslam [at] hotmail [dot] com

jazakAllah!