Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Seerah: The Shepherd's Path - HST 101 > Answered Questions

Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
pearlinashell
Ummat Muhammad

The parents and family of the Prophet (saw)

Assalamwaliekum sheikh Muhammad, I asked the question in class about the parents of the prophet (saw). What evidences do we have that they died on kufr and that they will go to hell?
pearlinashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Re: The parents and family of the Prophet (saw)

This is in Saheeh Muslim:

Chapter 204: THE APOSTLE OF ALLAH (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) SEEKING PERMISSION FROM THE LORD, THE EXALTED AND HIGH, FOR VISITING THE GRAVE OF HIS MOTHER

Book 004, Number 2129:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger, (may peace be upon him) as saying: I sought permission to beg forgiveness for my mother, but He did not grant it to me. I sought permission from Him to visit her grave, and He granted it (permission) to me.

Book 004, Number 2130:
Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) visited the grave of his mother and he wept, and moved others around him to tears, and said: I sought permission from my Lord to beg forgiveness for her but it was not granted to me, and I sought permission to visit her grave and it was granted to motel So visit the graves, for that makes you mindful of death.

Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Allaah does not forgive when someone associates another with Him. Anas, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that a man asked the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam, ‘Where will my father be on the Day of Judgment?’, He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam said,“In Hell fire”, then when he left, the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam called him back and said, “Both my father and your father will be in Hell fire” (Muslim).
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Abu Ammaar

Salaam Alaikum

I couldn't help notice the title of the thread, hence I had to take a peak!!

Perhaps this will add some more to the issue at hand:

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=19557

Yasir
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
macuser
Ummat Muhammad

We do have scholarly opinions that say the beloved messenger (peace be upon him) made this comment before the knowledge of his blessed parents being in jannah was disclosed to him (peace be upon him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Allaah does not forgive when someone associates another with Him. Anas, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that a man asked the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam, ‘Where will my father be on the Day of Judgment?’, He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam said,“In Hell fire”, then when he left, the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam called him back and said, “Both my father and your father will be in Hell fire” (Muslim).
macuser is offline   Reply With Quote