Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > Project Revision

Old 12-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
RimzaAW
Qabeelat Hosna

Project Revision: Testimonials and Ambiance

BismilAllah

AsSallamu Alaykum wa RahmatuAllahi wa Barakatuhu,

The experience of others, if a great tool in encouraging individuals to become a part of something exciting.

This thread was created for anyone having participated in Project Revision to share what you loved about this project, for the benefit of those who are new to it.

Please share your experience:
Old 12-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Sarah Mushtaq
Ameerah, Qabeelat Ittihaad - Windsor

Re: Project Revision: Testimonials and Ambiance

Bismillah

It helped you go over your notes, months after the class.
It added that extra bit of info to what you already had.
It helped you see things in a total different viewpoint.
It showed you other people's perspectives on the same info.

It was amazing
MashaAllah.

"The Believer is Grateful When Given, and Patient When Denied." - TEJ, '10
"The Best Hiba AlWahhab gave us is living with His Names ." - VoS, '10
Sarah Mushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
RimzaAW
Qabeelat Hosna

BismiAllah

The uniqueness that I felt with Project Revision was the drive of the participants purely to seek knowledge. The sessions were held in the early morning shortly after Fajr, there were no contests to win, no exams to ace, no need to "zabiha-fy" the money that was spent on class, no credits to earn towards any degree, it was knowledge pure and simple.

In Project Revision we did a lot more than simply review what was covered in class. The sessions made you think about the same information on a totally new level. It really made you internalize that material, and try to implement it in your life.

It was a unique and awesome experience, AlhamduliAllah!

(I know many of you all want this project back up, so please share your experinces, as well, Barak-Allahu Feekum!)

Last edited by Raaw; 12-11-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: typo
RimzaAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
Fatima C
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaw
BismiAllah

The uniqueness that I felt with Project Revision was the drive of the participants purely to seek knowledge. The sessions were held in the early morning shortly after Fajr, there were no contests to win, no exams to ace, no need to "zabiha-fy" the money that was spent on class, no credits to earn towards any degree, it was knowledge pure and simple.

In Project Revision we did a lot more than simply review what was covered in class. The sessions made you think about the same information on a totally new level. It really made you internalize that material, and try to implement it in your life.

It was a unique and awesome experience, AlhamduliAllah!

(I know many of you all want this project back up, so please share your experinces, as well, Barak-Allahu Feekum!)
Masha Allah! Beautifully put sis!

What stuck out in these revisions was the fact that you had to actually think. But it's true, you had to think and find ways to practially apply what you learned. To think on a deeper level, and it takes practice. It helps you to gain more benefit from the knowledge you learn not only in these revisions but from elsewhere as well.

AlhamduLillah : )

And the extra info was awesome! AlahmduLillah!

Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do.
[Surah as-Saff: 2-3]
Fatima C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
Ibrahim ibnImran
Qabeelat Wasat

Please tell me more....

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a 'walk-through' of what exactly happens during a review session. I want to learn more details about this project.
Ibrahim ibnImran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
RimzaAW
Qabeelat Hosna

Basically, we'll start the session with a brief review of what was covered in the former session. Maybe even some pop-questions to make sure everyone is awake and is and was paying attention.

From there we'll do review, if you would like to know more about what goes on during the review, you can just search the Project Revision Folder and under the Display options, just pick from the beginning and show threads, This should give you an good idea of the meat of the sessions. Also you can visit our blog at the following address: http://projectrevision.wordpress.com/ to give you an idea as well.

The sessions are usually two hours so we take a 5-10 minute break in the middle.

At the end we generally discuss the main points of the session and what we covered, and try and come up with activities that will make us think about and use the knowledge that we just learned throughout the week.

The above is the basic outline of a walk through of the session, if you have any other questions, please ask.

Jazak-Allahu Khairan.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
Ittaqillah
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimzaAW
I know many of you all want this project back up, so please share your experinces, as well, Barak-Allahu Feekum!
Masha'Allah, Project Revision. Oh what to say about Project Revision?!

SubhanAllah. Picture this. You wake up on a Sunday morning bright and piping for Fajr. After your exhilarating salah experience you are unconsciously (or consciously) experiencing an Eman Rush. What to do.. what to do....I could..go....back.....to sleep? NO!.....you struggle with your nafs to avoid sleeping in that drowsy Sunday morning, run to the kitchen, make yourself a cup of sunnah-fied honey-water (:P) and head to your computer while the rest of your family is snuggling back into bed.
There you meet up with people on a similar mission as yours; to relive the experience, to revive the knowledge, to brush those cobwebs away and bring out those musty Almaghrib binders from years past....to INGRAIN the 'ILM as I'd like to foreshadow. Excited almaghrib-goers meeting up once again to savour the fruits of knowledge. As we plunge into the lives of the khulafaa, or the rulings of scholars and their methods, maybe the tafseer of the beautiful al-Baqarah, or the interesting aspect of our Aqeedah, we are motivated, urged, advised, made to apply what we have learned; our thoughts provoked, our path straightened, our goal reminded. SubhanAllah, truly one of the coolest Sunday morning you have ever spent! Guaranteed!

Alhamdulillah I have benefitted much from Project Revision, and I hope to benefit more insha'Allah as soon as it's revived.....bi'idhnillah ta'ala!

Ma'salama

اتق الله حيثما كنت
Ittaqillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
Ibrahim ibnImran
Qabeelat Wasat

It sounds very exciting mashaAllah.
Ibrahim ibnImran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #9
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Alhamdulillah, Project Revision was great the two times I actually attended mashaAllah. The only reason I could not continue was because I didn't take the class (HoK) that they started reviewing.

I'm quite dumbfounded as to why PR was put on hold--subhanAllah it allows us to fulfill the most important aspect of learning, IMPLEMENTING and INGRAINING. How can we benefit from taking all of these seminars if we do not implement what we learn? or if we forget the ilm right after the exam?

Being excited before the class, during the class and that week afterwards is nice--but ask yourself if you would still be able to list, for example, the conditions for a saheeh hadeeth a year after the seminar?....Now that is what PR is for, inshaAllah. SubhanAllah when you review something to that extent, inshaAllah it sticks with you after that. (as I have noticed now that we are doing Rules of Engagment alhamdulillah)

According to the statement of Abdullah ibn Mubarak may Allah have mercy on him, we're only at the first or second stage and maybe the third of the steps of knowledge after taking an almaghrib seminar...

Alee ibn al-Hasan ibn Shaqeeq said, I heard Abdullaah ibn al-Mubaarak say:
The first step towards (seeking) knowledge is the (sincerity of) intention,
then it is listening,
then it is understanding (this knowledge),
then it is memorising (this knowledge),
then it is acting (upon this knowledge),
then it is spreading (this knowledge)."
--Jaami' Bayaan al-'Ilm wa Fadhlihi - Volume 1, Page 118
(Jazaki Allahu khayran Mariam)

InshaAllah Project Revision gives us the opportunity to complete ALL of these steps. and Allah knows best. Jazakum Allahu khayran to all of the PR crew.

Allahumma anfa' naa bi ma 'alamtana, wa 'alim naa ma yanfa'u naa wa zidnaa 'ilma. O Allah, benefit us from what which You taught us, and teach us that which will benefit us and increase us in knowledge. Ameen.

Y.
yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote