Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Aspiring Qabaa'il > Banu Hayl

Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Spreading the torch...

Bismillah,

In sha'allah, as we know we have about 20 days left till our class comes to town. Till then and now...there is plenty to be done.

In sha'Allah, lets all help out and give out the names of events happening in town, so as to get the word out.

Where have we advertised so far? Masjid Noor (done)Ibn Taymiyah? Omar?

Anywhere else...Can someone post the list containing places in columbus.

Share in the ajir, and spread this torch...that is Torch Bearers.

ps. someone please bring postcards, posters to the exam on sunday in sha'Allah

Hayl, change is on the rise...bismillah

Rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
bintamina
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Spreading the torch...

Sunday|

-Exam is an advertising opportunity (and perhaps a quick meeting is in order, or at least distributing some more postcards inshaAllah)

-Sisters' Youth Group Picnic / more details (locations, etc) at the exam, inshaAllah, and via email

"With good manners you understand the knowledge. With the knowledge, your actions are corrected. With actions, wisdom is obtained. With wisdom you understand zuhd (abstinence) and are granted its benefits. With zuhd comes abandoning the world. With abandoning the world comes desire for the Hereafter. With desire for the Hereafter the pleasure of Allaah – the Mighty and Majestic – is obtained."

Iqtidaa`ul 'Ilmil 'Amal (no. 31)
bintamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Naima Abdulkadir
Banu Hayl

Insha'Allah I'll bring poster and postcards to the exam.
Naima Abdulkadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Assalaamu Aleeykum wa Rahmatu Allahi wa Barakatuh...

There are halaqas every saturday and sunday at Masjid Omar... Saturdays it is actually done by one of the Haylsters... Sundays its for Somali women who are extremely eager to learn themselves and are active in helping the youth learn... So, i don't see any reason as to why we should not get all of them there insha Allah....!!

My bestfriend's mother is actually now involved with these halaqas... I've been begging my friend and her sisters to come to events and classes for like ever... their mom got involved one weekend, the next weekend there were 20 girls at the masjid... Subhanna Allah, we need to realize that Allah Subhannahu wa Ta'ala has given certain people the talent of convincing people... How are we taking advantage of this talent by spreading the Good!

Who's down with me next weekend insha Allah recruiting at these Halaqas?

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
Aalia
Banu Hayl

Mashallah, you all have been really busy without me. Apparently I put all of my focus into studying for the exam that I completely missed this. With sisters like you around, inshallah our next class will be just as successful as last time.

Anyone who needs postcards or flyers should contact Naima Abdulkadir. We have already had a meeting to pass them out among the volunteers.

Advertising has been done on facebook, and has begun to a few people by phone.

As for who is doing which area within Columbus, I will have to give you the details tomorrow because my mother is yelling at me to go sleep

Aalia is offline   Reply With Quote