Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Light Upon Light: Doctrines of Faith II - AQD 102

Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
Iman_
Ummat Muhammad

Dua for Happiness!

Asslamu Alaikum,
There is a dua which when we say it for a calamity that we are in, Allah SWT will surely replace that calamity with Happiness- as Shaykh mentioned in class.

Does anyone know where that Dua can be found online + its translation.
(I know its in the notebook but I need another copy to read it properly since that does not have the kasra and stuff on the letters.)

And there is another dua of the Prophet in which he said something like... Oh Allah, I seek refuge in you, from you, in you pardon from you punishment..." Does anyone know where this Dua can be found online with translation?

Jazakallah khair for the help.
Iman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
AkheeAB
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Dua for Happiness!

Supplication for one whose affairs have become difficult

‘O Allaah, there is no ease except in that which You have made easy, and You make difficulty, if You wish, easy.’
"Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them."
-Imam Ghazali
AkheeAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
AkheeAB
Ummat Muhammad

Supplication for one afflicted by a calamity

‘To Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, recompense me for my affliction and replace it for me with something better.’
"Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them."
-Imam Ghazali
AkheeAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Atif
Qabeelat Wasat

I don't think any of the du'aas mentioned in the class are not found in Hisnul Muslim (Fortress of the Muslim).

Last edited by brother_bruce; 08-08-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Links removed :/
Atif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
Dawud Israel
Qabeelat Majd

*cough*
Dua power dot com and then you'll find it there.
*cough cough*

(This was an AlMaghrib project btw)

QuranJam.com

MUSLIMOLOGY: Dawah Research and Development

Subhânaka-llâhumma wa bi-hamdika. Ash’hadu al-lâ ilâha illâ anta wahdaka lâ sharîka lak. Astaghfiruka wa atűbu ilayk. Ameen.
“Glory and praise be to You. I testify that there is no God but You alone without partner. I beseech Your forgiveness and repent to You.”

Dawud Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #6
Wiam
Qabeelat Ittihaad

May Allah(SWT) reward whomever made that website and contributed to it. It's one of the best things I've discovered. JazakumAllahu kheiran

If you tremble indignation at every injustice,
then you are a comrade of mine
[Ernesto Che Guevara]

وما الحياة الدنيا إلا متاع اْلغرور

For the life of this world is nothing but a provision of vanities

Wiam is offline   Reply With Quote