Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > Ramadan Special: HeartWheel Journal

Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #31
Dawud Israel
Qabeelat Majd

Re: What Have You Learned? Heartwheel Reflections

Ma sha Allah! Just wanted to thank Sh. Muhammad for this. Yet again we learn that the simplest things are the most powerful!

And in all honesty, I can just feel the barakah here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Ma sha Allah, something I learned:
The hearthweel Journal is giving people a chance to look at their hearts. Without the journal, it would probably be the same old same old, not realizing that there is toothpaste on our face.

Almost like giving someone the gift of a mirror.
Well-said. No doubt, this is what it truly is.

I'm hoping that next Ramadan we'll see a new chapter in the Heartwheel Tarbiyah program (sorry for the pun!).

QuranJam.com

MUSLIMOLOGY: Dawah Research and Development

Subhânaka-llâhumma wa bi-hamdika. Ash’hadu al-lâ ilâha illâ anta wahdaka lâ sharîka lak. Astaghfiruka wa atűbu ilayk. Ameen.
“Glory and praise be to You. I testify that there is no God but You alone without partner. I beseech Your forgiveness and repent to You.”

Last edited by Dawud Israel; 09-06-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Dawud Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #32
Sally Mahmoud

I learned recently about the power of duaa and positive thinking.. it's SOOO powerful.. more than I ever thought.. i want to say it can even cure cancer..lol!

But what i realise is that the more i practice it, the better i get at it, and the more i notice more of life's little gifts... it makes me more thankful, more appreciative, and it feeds into me being more positive, happy, content!

I feel like i've stumbled onto a great thing! An emanrush, an epiphany.. when you've known something for so long.. but all of sudden.. you *KNOW* it in a completely different way and it enlivens you!

Alhamdulillah!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #33
safia :P
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrryaan
Asalamu Alykum,
My school started today so things were even harder, in the times I had free time I find that I did not utilize my time in doing dikr and other ibadah that I have set for myself, with these distractions you find that you tend to forget and lose time. In ramadan one thing I try not to do is waste time and this is something I struggle with.
i started school on thursday and i'm having prety much the same problem as you, since school started ive been just rushing to do one thing or the other. i started writing a time to do my targets when i write them down in the journal, so i kinda plan each thing into my day. that helps, because then i dont feel like its so much of a struggle to achieve them.
safia :P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #34
Muslim Adam
Ummat Muhammad

Thumbs up Re: What Have You Learned? Heartwheel Reflections

This heartwheel is Sooo cool I love it. It helps me keep on task in Ramadan.
Muslim Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #35
Ruqayyah1
Banu Hayl

Quote:
It helps me keep on task in Ramadan.
Me too, alhamdulilah. I am considering printing out the prayer pages after Ramadan because they work so well in helping me to remember to pray. Thank you so much Sheik! Jazak Allah Khair!

Asalaam Alaikum everyone,

Julie
Columbus, OH
"Mental illnesses are biologically based brain disorders. They cannot be overcome through "will power" and are not related to a person's "character" or intelligence. Stigma erodes confidence that mental disorders are real, treatable health conditions."- NAMI.org

May Allah grant healing to those with mental illness. May He guide them to Him and others who can help. My Lord help us to eliminate stigma in our Ummah, to make our masjids places where people who are struggling can turn for help without feeling shamed or ridiculed. Make our masjids places where their troubles are treated with respect and seriousness. Help us to guide those among our community who are in need to therapeutic counseling, medication, and spiritual help. Ameen.
Ruqayyah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #36
Alrryaan
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by safia :P
i started school on thursday and i'm having prety much the same problem as you, since school started ive been just rushing to do one thing or the other. i started writing a time to do my targets when i write them down in the journal, so i kinda plan each thing into my day. that helps, because then i dont feel like its so much of a struggle to achieve them.
Asalamu Alykum,

Jazallahu kheir sister Oummee and sister Safia both of your suggestions and advice really helped, I find that writing down the times that I need to accomplish the tasks helps me be more focused and committed to do them at that time also in my spare time I try to do dikrs and duaas so that I don't waste time however sometimes I get distracted, it takes alot determination and hard work.

There is still alot to work on and I pray that Allah swt helps us all and make it successful for us ameen
Alrryaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:27 AM   #37
summ23
Ummat Muhammad

there are times when i feel my iman wavers,but i feel its important to keep taking stock of our intentions..sure this journal challenges oneself n all,but on the days i acomplish better than the rest of the days,shaitaan puts (a tad bit)of self admiration in the heart...it's then that i remeber i just have to make sooo much shukr cos whatever good that is acheived just cannot be by my own self.(remeber the sheikh said u start with a bang and then kind of mellow in between..he was rite)
if we were left by ourselves then for sure we'll be falling into error most of the time.
another point,i try not to rate myself too high cos my hisaab is with Allah..and i pray that he gives the ajr through his infinite generosity...the journal is a good way to be consistent tho.....mashallah,its great for procrastinating lazy lumps like me(lol).....
may Allah grant us all immense hidayah to do good deeds this month and may evryone have tonnes of their hasanaat on the meezans.Ameen.
summ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #38
Mehreen Khan
Exam Coordinator, Qabeelat Mubeen

SubhanAllah, from day one I realized that I need to be more humble. There's soo much to work on! At the same time, I'm loving how this is pushing me to do better
Mehreen Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 AM   #39
Dreams

Assalamu alaikum

Mashallah I am listening to the recordings now posted on youtube. I found the topic of healthy eating very useful.

I am wondering is anyone losing weight this month and finding they don't have much appetite?