Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Rules of Engagement: Islamic Code of Ethics - ADB 101

Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #31
MindMineral
QShams Logistics Teamleader

Re: The handshake

I had a friend of mine say to the interviewer - I'll work for you under a few conditions. 1) I dont shake womens hands, 2) I dont wear a tie.

He got the job ma sha Allah.

For me, when approached by females who want to shake hands, I step backwards and put my hand on my chest with a polite smile - and they get the message.

If theres no room and they kind step in your face, I would just say "I dont shake the opposite genders hands." If they ask why, then explain in sha Allah.

I know its already been covered but thought id reitterate it insha'Allah - stepping back seems to be a favourite