Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Assalāmu Ďalaykum ~ May Peace be Upon You > Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Bint Roots
Administrator

Arrow Read Before You Post: Forum Rules

The purpose of the AlMaghrib Forums is to maintain ties between AlMaghrib Institute and its students locally, nationally, and internationally. General discussions unrelated to AlMaghrib Institute are not encouraged and may be subject to removal. As AlMaghrib Institute continues to expand, it seems appropriate to issue a reminder about the rules governing the forums:

1. Do not copy/paste fatawa or articles (even if you authored the article)

2. No outside links unrelated to AlMaghrib Institute and/or Institute-approved projects

3. No outside links in signatures

4. Do not post advertisements for non-AlMaghrib/qabeelah sponsored events. All advertisements within a qabeelah folder must have the expressed permission of the local Ameer and/or Ameerah.

5. Do not spam the forums with duplicates of the same post.

6. Please direct questions/concerns to forums@almaghrib.org

7. If you feel you are being treated unfairly by the admins or moderators, feel free to appeal to your local Ameer and Ameerah. If you are not affiliated with a qabeelah, email forums@almaghrib.org and two will be selected for you, in sha Allah.

8. Disciplinary Measures:

• 1st offense: Email reminder issued.
  • 2nd offense: One week suspension from the AlMaghrib Forums.
  • 3rd offense: Final: User BANNED.

Last edited by Bint Roots; 01-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Bint Roots
Administrator

Re: Read Before You Post: Forum Rules

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I'm having trouble posting, is there something wrong with my account?

A. After registering, you need to activate your account. An email will be sent to you with instructions. New accounts are usually approved within 24 hours. If after this you are still having trouble, email forums@almaghrib.org

Q. I'm having some difficulty joining my qabeelah. What can I do?

A. You can join your qabeelah by going to the User CP tab at the top right hand side of the forums page. You will then need to click the 'Group Memberships' tab and from there, choose your qabeelah.

Q. My posts/threads are disappearing or are being edited, what am I doing wrong?

A. Read through the post above and most likely, you will find out why. If after this you still feel your posts/threads were removed/edited unfairly, please email forums@almaghrib.org and explain your concern.

Q. Can I PM another member?

A. No, you cannot. This feature is disabled for all users.

Q. I'm looking for Shaykh so and so's email address, why can't I find it?

A. Unfortunately, you will not find it here. The instructors have not posted their contact information publicly.

Q. How can I change my username?

A. You cannot, but the forum administrators can. Please email forums@almaghrib.org with your current username and the newly desired username.

If the above doesn't answer your question, email forums@almaghrib.org.
Closed Thread