Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Forums Management > Suggestions/Feedback

Old 12-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
Bint Roots
Administrator

Re: Ways to Improve the Forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuf513Khan

• Weren't the "rules" just announced this past couple days?
  • Who makes the "rules" and can the "rules" be contested? and if so, by who?
  • Is that supposed to be adib or adab? Someone's name is Adib I think right?
    • Assuming it's 'adab'. Isn't that subjective? Especially considering the different demographics of who is on the forums and the manner of which we communicate?
  • Same rules that had been announced and in place for years, I simply condensed them into fewer words in the new post. The rules are made by the admins and moderators. Moderation of anything is often subjective, there is a process of appeal. You can contest by writing to forums@almaghrib.org or by appealing to your local ameer and ameerah.
Bint Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #22
IbnMasood
Qabeelat Majd

Can we please have more educated discussions instead of people slathering pages upon pages of copy-pasted articles from other websites? I mean even my MSA's web forums have more educated discussions such as the definitions of bid'ah and the differing opinions on some fiqhi mas'alahs.

Maybe we should have more threads where we read a proper academic book such as usul-ul-fiqh or usul-ul-hadeeth and post our summaries.
IbnMasood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #23
Dawud Israel
Qabeelat Majd

Let's give Sr. BintRoots a break here...she's new at the job and it'll take sometime getting comfortable with the change.

But one thing, I've noticed is that this forum has gotten progressively less active, even when the admins were lenient.

QuranJam.com

MUSLIMOLOGY: Dawah Research and Development

Subhânaka-llâhumma wa bi-hamdika. Ash’hadu al-lâ ilâha illâ anta wahdaka lâ sharîka lak. Astaghfiruka wa atűbu ilayk. Ameen.
“Glory and praise be to You. I testify that there is no God but You alone without partner. I beseech Your forgiveness and repent to You.”

Dawud Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #24
Bint Roots
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
Perhaps there could be forums specifically devoted to the topic of a single word. For example, you could have a forum called "peace" or a forum called "understanding". It could be an open type of forum that one could say what is on their mind in an attempt for others to help or assist to make things better. This is my suggestion. I hope it helps! Carlos
The purpose of the AlMaghrib Forums is to maintain ties between AlMaghrib Institute and its students locally, nationally, and internationally and to foster discussions related to material taught in the class. As such, general discussions are discouraged to maintain the mission and character of the forums as much as possible.

Last edited by Bint Roots; 12-28-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #25
Bint Roots
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud Israel
Let's give Sr. BintRoots a break here...she's new at the job and it'll take sometime getting comfortable with the change.

But one thing, I've noticed is that this forum has gotten progressively less active, even when the admins were lenient.
JazakAllah khayr, I agree that the forums are less active than before. I've been scrolling through old threads from the good ol' days 2004-2006 and a few things stand out: The caliber of posts and discussions was much higher along with the seriousness and adab of the students and the instructors were more active. I believe these are related. Better students, better discussion and interaction on the forums, increased benefit and activity. It's easy to stay away from the forums when there seems to be little discussion of benefit.

Check out these threads:
Lessons in Akhlaq from Sh. Shpendim
or
Today's Dhikr - Adkhaar As-Salaah
or
Students: How can we increase Instructor participation?

We've just created new Answered Questions folders in each seminar folder and will be working to move questions answered by the instructors to those folders over the next few weeks, in sha Allah for students to benefit from before and after the seminar.

Other suggestions on how to improve the academic nature of the discussions on the forums?