Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Durbah

Old 01-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #11
LImbers
Qabeelat Durbah

Re: So this is Durbah??

Quote:
And I don't know if its because its winter and the holidays, but it seems kinda dead. I noticed Sh. AE reached the same conclusion in his post.
Assalamu Alaikum waRahmatullah

SubhanAllah, you have every right to know; you deserve to know some aspects of Durbah that aren't that well known, though they are very important.

Among the other reasons mentioned, I guess it might also be due to winter. We are on the move but it's hard to post from our hand-held devices with our gloves and mittens on; it's freezing here in NJ.

And..
We were busy giving blankets out to the cold (it's freezing here!)

My eyeballs were cold, as other sisters and I were walking to out car with bags of food for our Durbah potluck and 10 pieces of oat tag which BTW flew across the street because my mittened hands let go of them in the freezing cold.
We were making cards for a department called CareMail, where we send cards of remembrance.

So that was where the sisters were today.

The brothers were handing out blankets as well here are some pictures and tweets.
See pics and tweets:
http://twitter.com/SimplyACT

http://twitpic.com/wkqwg

Oh, what else makes Durbah special? The Feedback Department. don't get me wrong, I love Durbah and so we also need to constructively critique those you whom you love (not just those whom you hate).

Since I'm not prefect, nor are the members of Durbah, we need to constantly give feedback as a team and on our own departments.

For example, we will critique one small email, all 7+ of us (non administration members) to ensure every promotional email is broken down; from the colors, to the font, to seeing what Barnes & Nobles does, Durbah tries to improve. We critique response times at seminars and we even critique our training sessions.

We sugar coat not only the good times by being thankful, but we also give nasiha.

I must say, Durbah takes feedback in the best of ways, by simply acknowledging it, and adjusting in order to absorb it.

Though we did ask 3 Hujjaj to make adiyaa for the liwaa last year =), it's beyond just about getting the liwaa now.

We want to improve our 'real brotherhood/sisterhood' by being just like the Ansar. We also thrive by also having an appropriate sense of humor.

On the latter regard, I would like to critique Durbah and say some volunteers are by far funnier then other volunteers.
Still, each Durbite has a thousand hearts to melt and give away.

Quote:
May Allah azzawajal make all the Qaba'il, Banus and all those working for Islam successful. Ameen!
Ameen Aasiya

Quote:
One of the things someone did point out to me though was the trailers you guys did with Sh. Yaser and Sh. Riad. That got me thinking, if I was to come over there with Echoes of a Cave, you'd probably stick me in a dark cave, surrounded by grizzly bears with nothing but a candle!
Good idea!

May Allah azza wa jal bless you as well and bless us by having Tafseer on Surah Kahf.

Last edited by LImbers; 01-04-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo
LImbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #12
iss ME! zahweee!
Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: So this is Durbah??

shaykh shaykh shaykh.. what you're talking about sounds every single bit like NEW JERSEY (don't ask me to say those 2 words again!)

durbah and NJ are completely different things..

they're a perfectly awesome qabeelah stuck in an unfortunate place.. for sure.. durbah is one of the best, no doubt, don't judge it too quickly by what you see! from the ashes comes a really pretty phoenix and the phoenix comes out every seminar without fail masha-Allah, just come and see!
Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you all together.
Indeed Allah is Able to do all things.
[2:148]
. . .
PrOuD MeMBeR of IbnFaqih's 60
iss ME! zahweee! is offline   Reply With Quote