Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
pepita
Ummat Muhammad

A question? for women only

assalamu alaykum

i was wondering if shaving legs hair is permitted in islam?
pepita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Abdul Razzaq
Qabeelat Haadi

Re: A question? for women only

Sh Waleed said at FOL you can shave any hair (male or female) that isn't forbidden to shave i.e. eyebrows, beard for men and head for women.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
pepita
Ummat Muhammad

:sl: jazakallah khair for the answer. i saw a woman posting a link once from islamqa to support the view that it is forbidden ( i didnt read it). but from reading this i see its permitted.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Abdul Razzaq
Qabeelat Haadi

What she posted about islamqa was just more detailed. There is the hair that is required to be removed by the fitrah (pubic and underarm hair for both man and women)

It was broken up to
- Can't shave (beard for men, head for women) - Sh waleed also mentioned it probably isn't the sunnah to shave a baby girls head on the 7th day and give the weight in silver for charity because this was only done to boys and it is forbidden to shave a women's head.

- Have to remove (pubic and underarm hair)

- permissible (everything else) some scholars said some hair such as on the lip or forehead can't be removed because it is considered changing the creation of Allah. (I know imam Malak said a man shaving his mustache is a bidah) and Allah knows best.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
Felicity_Muslimah
Ummat Muhammad

WOW!!I didn't know for married girls it's impermissable to shave your head but I think if your not married and have damaged your hair from dying it too much, you can for health benefits. I know other girls shave it because it's annoying to do long hair, but if nobody see's them, and they don't have a husband to look attractive for, or their husband doesn't mind (usually when there pregnant and lazy)..but WAllahu alam
Felicity_Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
Abdul Razzaq
Qabeelat Haadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity_Muslimah
WOW!!I didn't know for married girls it's impermissable to shave your head but I think if your not married and have damaged your hair from dying it too much, you can for health benefits. I know other girls shave it because it's annoying to do long hair, but if nobody see's them, and they don't have a husband to look attractive for, or their husband doesn't mind (usually when there pregnant and lazy)..but WAllahu alam
There is a difference between shaving with clippers and shaving with a razor. Allah Alaam how short the hair of a women can be cut. There are reports that the wives of Rusuallah would cut it to the length of their ears.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
Felicity_Muslimah
Ummat Muhammad

Jazzakallah Next time inshallah if I remember, I will tell the girls that I know who have shaved their head , that it's haram. I will just suggest them to cut it to length of their ears. It's good to know for myself in the future aswell. Jazzakallah khair.
Felicity_Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
pepita
Ummat Muhammad

:sl: i cant cut my hair? my hair is not long, it is down to my ears but i want them shorter because it is a pain to leave them like this.