Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Touched by an Angel: Tafseer Juz' Amma - QRN 201

Old 08-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
Nadeem R
Ameer, Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: Lessons in Akhlaq from Sh. Shpendim

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacouch
I'm usually both tired and spontaneous I have yet to learn to keep myself from blurting things out at random which is kinda significant when sitting in the dead front. Yet the Sh. would almost always respond in kind, inquisitively, regardless.
I'd have to agree with you on that one bro, sometimes I would just mumble something to myself in reflection and Shaykh would stop and look at me... Having a Shaykh with such Akhlaq demands higher Akhlaq from the students as well, next seminar I'll remember to announce the etiquettes of students of knowledge, especially those in the first row.

What's next in Tayybah?
Tayybah Sisters: Muslimah 2011
Tayybah Descends: Code Evolved
Tayybah Brothers Qiyam
Charitree: Global Deaf Muslims Fundraiser
Light of Guidance 2.0
Aqeedah Bowl
.....InshAllah!
Nadeem R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
notacouch
Qabeelat Tayybah

The Sh. gave a jumuah kutbah at the Muslim Center of NY on the Free Friday. I had my dad come. My dad was affected by it in a positive light and in under a week had seen and felt the benefits from a change in actions. He wanted to extend his gratitude to the Shaykh through me. I wanted to share the story maybe as a slight iman boost, or any sort of good feelings. I got that chance during one of the breaks but instead of the happy or smiling sort of scenario I was expecting the Sh. asked me to make du'aa for him.

I cannot describe the expression he had prior to and during the request. It was completely unexpected and no doubt I'll be reflecting on that for a long time.

Last edited by notacouch; 08-10-2009 at 11:51 PM.
notacouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #23
notacouch
Qabeelat Tayybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeem Ramjan
I'd have to agree with you on that one bro, sometimes I would just mumble something to myself in reflection and Shaykh would stop and look at me... Having a Shaykh with such Akhlaq demands higher Akhlaq from the students as well, next seminar I'll remember to announce the etiquettes of students of knowledge, especially those in the first row.
Yeah in the very least at least blurt out things the Shaykh would understand lol. Can't expect people to change 180 instantly. He wouldn't let the "BK" thing go.

Note to self: no movie references, e.g. "Shaykh whose name I cannot say", me: "Why does that sound like Harry Potter?"

better yet Ameer just announce that the inner monologue GOES ON THE INSIDE ayeesh
Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #24
notacouch
Qabeelat Tayybah

There are some parts of student etiquette that I just can't follow sometimes, e.g. passing out & food. I went up to apologize during a break and he didn't even give me a chance to elaborate, he just smiled and said, "You and I are the same, akhi."

Approaching a week since the end of the class, all these lessons are hitting home harder than they did originally.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #25
Nadeem R
Ameer, Qabeelat Tayybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacouch
Approaching a week since the end of the class, all these lessons are hitting home harder than they did originally.

It's time to re-Read them..Bismillah

What's next in Tayybah?
Tayybah Sisters: Muslimah 2011
Tayybah Descends: Code Evolved
Tayybah Brothers Qiyam
Charitree: Global Deaf Muslims Fundraiser
Light of Guidance 2.0
Aqeedah Bowl
.....InshAllah!
Nadeem R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
notacouch
Qabeelat Tayybah

Quote:
It's time to re-Read them..Bismillah
TRUE

let's try and sneak them into the review sessions both @ QC and on PalTalk if they happen to be conveniently placed into our notes.....which in my case they aren't
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
Shpendim Nadzaku
Instructor, AlMaghrib Institute

As-Salaamu aleykum

Reading through the different posts from all the different brothers and sisters (but in code - I can't recognize the nicknames) is really humbling. Honestly!

I'm impressed by the wonderful manners and personalities Tayybah is blessed with, despite being in the City -maa shaa Allah. I take that as a genuine sign of your sincere love for Allah (swt), emulation of the messenger (sAws) and application of Islam. That's everything you need for happiness in this world and Jennah in the next. Keep it up.

I'll keep yous in my duas asking Allah (swt) to bless yous with the best of both. Amin!

And Ramadan Mubarak
Shpendim Nadzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #28
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Assalama 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Masha'allah, someone mentioned a thread like this upon us speaking about all the things we've learned from the shaykh in the last two weeks. Indeed, we've truly benefited from you shaykh in terms of this area, and we ask Allah azza wa jala to increase you in this and all of us as well.

Hayl can truly attest to this in dealing with all of us, and of taking the initiative to help with the bake sale and luncheon..subhan'Allah, may you be rewarded.

Wassalama 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Hayl, change is on the rise...bismillah

Rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #29
Asha
Ameerah, Qabeelat Haadi

Quote:
Thats very true, subhanAllah. I cant wait to take a class with Sh. Shpendim just to notice all of this.

May Allah reward him for being such a role model to his students, that it even causes them to create a thread.
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #30
Abdur Rahman Mirza
Qabeelat Tayybah

beautiful. I really regret not attending this whole class after this thread.

Thank you to all.
...Let That Be Tha Reason..

Tayybah

AKHLAAQ TESTIFIES TO AQEEDAH

Abdur Rahman Mirza is offline   Reply With Quote