Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Aspiring Qabaa'il > Banu Hayl

Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #181
bintamina
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Reminders Benefit the Believers

It is reported that Dwd b. Ab Hind fasted for forty years without his family knowing, he would take his lunch out with him and donate it in the street.

Retrieved from: Sayings of the Salaf

"With good manners you understand the knowledge. With the knowledge, your actions are corrected. With actions, wisdom is obtained. With wisdom you understand zuhd (abstinence) and are granted its benefits. With zuhd comes abandoning the world. With abandoning the world comes desire for the Hereafter. With desire for the Hereafter the pleasure of Allaah the Mighty and Majestic is obtained."

Iqtidaa`ul 'Ilmil 'Amal (no. 31)
bintamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #182
bintamina
Ummat Muhammad

Yunus as-Sadafi said:

I have never seen a wiser man than ash-Shafi`ee, I was arguing with him one day about an issue and I left him.

One day, he met me, held my hand and said:

Cannot we be brothers, even if we disagree about something?

Siyar a'laam an-Nubalaa' 10/16

"With good manners you understand the knowledge. With the knowledge, your actions are corrected. With actions, wisdom is obtained. With wisdom you understand zuhd (abstinence) and are granted its benefits. With zuhd comes abandoning the world. With abandoning the world comes desire for the Hereafter. With desire for the Hereafter the pleasure of Allaah the Mighty and Majestic is obtained."

Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #183
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Bismillah,

"And when they listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth that they have recognized." Surah Maidah v. 83

Hayl, change is on the rise...bismillah

Rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #184
bintamina
Ummat Muhammad

Sufyaan Ath-Thawree rahimahullaah:

The innovation is more beloved to Iblees than disobedience (to Allah), because forgiveness is sought from disobedience and it is not sought from innovation."

Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #185
faiso
Banu Hayl

About Ibn taymiya

Al-Hāfiz, Al- Mizzi said,
I have not seen the likes of him and his own eyes had not seen the likes of himself. I have not seen the likes of himself, I have not seen one who was more knowledge than he of the book of Allah and the sunnah of his messenger nor one who followed them closely.

source: Diseases Of The Hearts And Their Cures.

may allah make the path of seeking knowledege easy for all od us. Ameen

It is reported that Mufaddal b. Muhalhal Allāh have mercy on him said:
If the heretic started mentioning his bidah right at the beginning of the sitting, you would be on your guard and flee from him, but what he does is begin by mentioning hadīth from the Sunnah. Then, he slips his bidah in on you. It might then stick to your heart; but when will it leave your heart?

Ibn Battah, Al-Ibānah Al-Kubrā, 2:444.

Knowing a Man by his Moves

It is reported that Al-Amash Allāh have mercy on him said:
They (the Salaf) never used to ask about [the religious condition of ] a man after knowing three things about him: where and upon whom he entered, where and with whom he walked, and the close company he kept.

Meaning: Knowing these things about a man is more than sufficient for knowing whether he is following the right path on the Sunnah or not.
faiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #186
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Bismillah,

It is reported that Al-Hasan Al-Basr Allh have mercy on him said when asked what is mn (faith)?:
It is perseverance (al-sabr) from the things that are forbidden by Allh the Mighty and Majestic and acceptance. He was asked, What is perseverance and acceptance? He replied, al-sabr is to persevere in holding back from what Allh has forbidden, and [acceptance is] acceptance of what Allh the Mighty and Majestic has commanded.
Ab Bakr Al-Daynr, Al-Mujlasah wa Jawhir Al-Ilm 3:535.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #187
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

It is reported on the authority of Ibrhm b. Al-Ashath that he said, I asked Al-Fudayl b. Ayyd Allh have mercy on him about patience (al-sabr) in the face of adversity and he said, It is to not broadcast it. I asked him about asceticism (al-zuhd) and he said, Al-zuhd is to be content with what you have, and that is what it means to be rich. I asked him about prudence (al-wara) and he said, It is to stay away from what is forbidden. And I asked him about humbleness (al-tawdu) and he said, It is when you submit to the truth and comply no matter who you hear it from; even if it was from the most ignorant of people, you would be required to accept it from him.

Ibn Abd Al-Barr, Jmi Bayn Al-Ilm wa Fadlihi Vol. 1 p498.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #188
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Abu Al-liyah reports that a man once asked Ubay b. Kab Allah be pleased with him for advice. He said:

Take the Book of Allah as your leader (imm) and be pleased with it as a judge and ruler. It is what your Messenger left amongst you. It will be an intercessor for you. It is to be obeyed. It is a witness never doubted. In it is a mention of you and those before you, and judgment for whatever happens amongst you. And in it is news about you and whatever will come after you.

Al-Dhahab in Siyar Alm Al-Nubal, in the biography of Ubay b. Kab

Old 05-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #189
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

Bismillah,

A man once asked Ab Hurayrah Allh be pleased with him, What is al-taqw? He replied, Have you ever taken a path filled with thorns? The man replied, I have. Ab Hurayrah asked him, What did you do? He replied, When I saw a thorn I would dodge it or pass over it or behind it. Ab Hurayrah said, That is al-taqw.
Al-Baihaq, Al-Zuhd Al-Kabr p351.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #190
Rahma
Ameerah, Banu Hayl

It is narrated that Uthmn b. ffn Allh be pleased with him said in a sermon:
Son of Adam! Know that the angel of death who has been assigned to you has not ceased to pass you and move on to others, ever since you have been in this world. But it is as if he is about to pass someone else and move on to target you, so be careful and prepare for him (by correcting your deeds). And do not forget him, for he does not forget you. And know o son of Adam, if you are heedless about yourself and do not prepare, no one else will prepare for you. You must meet Allah the Mighty and Majestic, so take for yourself and do not leave it to someone else. Peace be on you.
Ab Bakr Al-Daynr, Al-Mujlasah wa Jawhir Al-lm 2: 73, 74.