Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Light Of Guidance: Doctrines of Faith I - AQD 101

Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
Massoud
Qabeelat Majd

Re: Sealed Nectar?

Assalamu Alaikum.
Quote:
" . . . but it is a known fact that a wink is considered flirting . . ."
It does absolutely depend upon the circumstances on some occasions. When I was little, people from the opposite gender gave me winks.

So it depends if that person actually does have desires . . .

Allah says in the Qur'an that small boys do not fall under the heading of people that are considered strangers for women (and therefore they must cover their adornment) when He the Almighty said:

". . . or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex . . ." (An-Nur 24:31)

So if this is the case of clothing, where the ruling on the woman's clothing is relaxed, what about the case of a wink?

It should be known, does a boy fall in love with a woman because of her physical qualities and beauty or is it because of a wink? The answer is neither. A boy does not have desires, but the case of the clothing is still more important, yet Allah the Almighty allows the women to not completely follow all of the guidelines for clothing . . .

Brother, when something is established as a fact, it means that this point is unanimously correct and no one can question it. However, I would like to say that there are indeed some exceptions that we must be aware of, and this is one of them that was not pointed out by you.

Wassalamu Alaikum.
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: "The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, 'Whatever I have commanded you, do it, and whatever I have forbidden you, refrain from it.'" (Sunan Ibn Majah *, vol. 1, Chapter 1, p. 73, Hadith number 1; Classed as Sahih by Hafiz Abu Tahir Zubair Ali Za'i and Sheikh Al-Albani)

* Darussalam Publishers (5 volumes, 2007), translated by Nasiruddin Khattab.

Look at how Imam Ibn Majah started his Sunan; he has shown great respect to the commands of the Prophet (peace be upon him) . . .
Massoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #22
Mariyaah
Qabeelat Falaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd- Allah
Well sister Mariyaah, I'm glad that making up a fabricated apology and attributing it to me helps you get over this issue. Actually now that I think about it, it would be cool if every person makes up his own apologies from people when he is upset from them, it would solve many of the conflicts in the world.

Well anyways, I didn't mean to "accuse" you of anything and I hope you don't take what I said personally, but it is a known fact that a wink is considered flirting.
LOL U seem upset, and I already guessed ur pride wouldn't give me a proper apology, if that was even an apology I DO NOT ACCEPT IT!
This was just an example of how ur apology should go like, u should take my advice and give me a decent apology because a wink icon to a 15yrs old is not flirting, anywayz I was waiting for ur apology since Massoud apoligized (whos younger and much more mature apparently), so I thought u would aswell, but the thread was closed, then u cum and answer me on my other thread acting like it never happened so this was just to remind u if u have "forgetten". Anyways take it easy dude, It was an example of how the "perfect" apology would go like, but If ur offended, then GET OVER IT.

p.s- Massoud stated clearly above, that ITS NOT a KNOWN FACT that a wink icon is considered flirting, and save the sarcasm for somebody who cares. I won't hold my breath for an apology, it's loong overdue. This issue is OVER, DUNZO, KHALAS! Get on with ur life.

p.p.s- Someone close this thread

January 7-9, 15-16
♥♥

~*Enroll Online*~

¸.·´
( `·.¸
`·.¸ )
¸.·)´

Last edited by Mariyaah; 06-20-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Mariyaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #23
Abd- Allah
Ummat Muhammad

You're both right, this whole misunderstanding has been my fault, so I apologize. May Allah forgive my faults and shortcomings.
Abd- Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #24
Mariyaah
Qabeelat Falaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd- Allah
You're both right, this whole misunderstanding has been my fault, so I apologize. May Allah forgive my faults and shortcomings.
Ameen. Apology accepted.

January 7-9, 15-16
♥♥

~*Enroll Online*~

¸.·´
( `·.¸
`·.¸ )
¸.·)´

Mariyaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #25
gkhan
Qabeelat Durbah

i asked shaykh abdul bary yahya about this incident during our Echoes of a Cave class this past weekend.

he told me the story is in Sahih Bukhari, however it is not a hadeeth. its from the "bughalaat of Imam Bukhari".

The narration is authentic up to Az-Zuhri, and he is Muhammad ibn Shihab az-Zuhri. He mentions that he was told about this.

the Shaykh said, we don't believe this to be true, however it was Az-Zuhri's opinion on the matter and Imam Bukhari included it, but it is not a hadith. you only need to look at the wording to see its not from the words of the Prophet (sallahu allahi wassalam)

hope that clears it up somewhat.
gkhan is offline   Reply With Quote