Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Breach of Covenant: Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah - QRN 203

Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Fareed Muwahid
Ummat Muhammad

having baqarah in the heart by a month

salamz! i have a close pal that wants to memorise surah baqarah within a month ia. i know he has memorised about the first ten ayahs of baqarah. he said he will be able to do it ia. the door is wide open for tips to help our bro! jazakumulllhukhayrun.
Fareed Muwahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
fearlessmujahid
Ummat Muhammad

Re: having baqarah in the heart by a month

alhumdulillah im on a similar goal inshaALLAH
[hope this isnt a late reply :S]
but heres some tips that helped me and i hope they help your friend as well
The first, before doing anything is to have a clear and pure intention of doing it for the sake of ALLAH.. and this is KEY! what is best is before you go to memorize make a pure intention every time.. not just once in the beginning shaitaan has a nice way of manipualating our intentions.
then after that [not in a specific order or anything]
1.Consitency!!! this is wayyyy too important.. even if it is a little at a time you got to be consistent and be strict when it comes to consistency... when its time to read Quran/memorize dont let anything distract you.
2. Focus- for me the best time for memorization was when i was alone, i would go in a bedroom and close the door and then start to memorize bit by bit
3. 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 rule- when you memorize an ayah and move onto the next ayah after you complete that one come back and start from the beginning again. some people i have noticed that they memorize ayah by ayah and then when they go to the beginning and start to recite sometimes its hard to recall an ayah this way you kind of peace it in your mind (if thats the rite way to discribe it
4. Recite in your prayers- when you memorize something in the morning read it in the next salat/prayer for zohar lets say in a raqah and then while praying lets say you get stuck on an ayah stop and continue the rest of your prayer.. after you are done praying go and check on the spot you got stuck on, and once you see what you forgot its so easy to recall it the next time
5. Revise- this might be obvious but revision of the Quran is very very very important when you are memorizing. what i would do is before i went to bed i would recite all that i had memorized for that day.
6. catch your mistakes rite away- this is another important tip. the best thing is to catch your mistake when you make it.. thats why its important that someone listens to you recite. for me i m not that lucky so what i do is record myself on the computer, mp3, cell etc and playback my recitation while following along on the Quran and then catch my mistakes. if you dont catch your mistakes rite away and you keep revising you might be memorizing mistakes along with the Quran.. . definetly dont want that

7.Try and memorize after Fajr prayer
8. Try and avoid sins- the beautiful Quran and sins cant go togather... you gotta get rid of one.
9. Ponder over the ayahs
10. Listen to the Quran being recited- i always listen to Sheikh Ghamdi's recitation as many times as i can on the surah that i am memorizng and while listening i try not to recite along this way when i hear the beginning of an ayah i can usually figure out what the end should be and this helps alot when memorizing while you have a physical Quran infront of you
11. Don't give up- well i guess this is part of consistency but when you start to memorize dont weaken!! inshaALLAH ALLAH will help you
hmm what else...
oh! make alot of dua... i also asked my mother to make dua for me because a mothers dua for her child is always answered
and try to implement the teachings of the Quran too, the quran is a message so you have to learn what the message is as well.... what i do some times is i play a surah and then take a copy of the translation of the Quran and try to follow along with the meaning.

hope this sort of helps you out but if i think of something else ill let you know
May ALLAH make your frined, and everyone that decides to take this beautiful step of memorizing the quran, be successful in doing so and may he make it a source of Radha/acceptence for us on the day of judgement
Amin
fearlessmujahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Generous_1
Ummat Muhammad

With the right intention and dua it should be easy inshallah. The only tip I can give is to have a yes i can do it attitude. After all it's a big surah and a month is a very short period of time. The hardes part with memorizing Qur'an however is maintaining it. So consistency and patience is important.
Generous_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
SYW
Ummat Muhammad

subhan'Allah---surat al baqarah is great and actually easier than juzz 'amma....because it's all stories that flow on...insha'Allah just be consistent . LOTS of repetition , have a mus-haf close to hand all the time, recite loudly. It can be done--depending on whether you learn visually or aurally....i visualize whereas my friend prefers to listen to a recording repeatedly..so i can locate ayaat visually on a page and she does it by how the sheikh recites...whatever works best for you insha'Allah.keep making lots of duaa and DONT give up on those difficult ayaat--stick to your daily target. memorizing is not as hard as retaining--retaining is the key---and if it's any motivation a friend of mine managed to memorize about 26 ajzaa' last ramadaan masha'Allah!!!

ps having a hifdh partner/group works wonders--you push eachother along.
SYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
mraza1
Qabeelat Noor

subhanallah SYW, thanks for mentioning the idea of learning aurally versus visually.....you're right,some people learn better by listening and reciting like the qari does whereas others learn by visualizing the ayah on the page.....I think I'm the odd ball....I memorized juz amma by listening to saad ghamdi and by reading, I couldn't do just one...I had to do both, and I've started memorized surah baqarah, but I memorized it more by reading and memorizing word by word rather than listening to it and reciting it like the qari...

When you bow down to Allah (SWT) you can stand up to anything!

Rizq Factory
Hajj, Sawm, Zakat, Oaths

Shaykh Waleed Basyouni & Sh. AbdulBary Yahya
July 6-8, 14-15
Orlando, Florida

.: Mariam R. | email: mariam@qnoor.org
http://perfecshunist.livejournal.com
@mariemerald on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mariemerald
mraza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
mraza1
Qabeelat Noor

great tips fearlessmujahid!

Quote:
3. 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 rule- when you memorize an ayah and move onto the next ayah after you complete that one come back and start from the beginning again. some people i have noticed that they memorize ayah by ayah and then when they go to the beginning and start to recite sometimes its hard to recall an ayah this way you kind of peace it in your mind (if thats the rite way to discribe it
this is the ideal way to memorize....if I don't use this method, I usually retain nothing. when it gets to be too many ayahs at once that I have to repeat, like for example, if I've memorized 20 ayahs of surah baqarah, every time I recite from memory, I don't want to recite all 20....so, instead, I memorize ruku by ruku. So i break it down into fewer ayahs and it becomes easier to use the 1, 1+2,1+2+3 rule
Quote:
4. Recite in your prayers- when you memorize something in the morning read it in the next salat/prayer for zohar lets say in a raqah and then while praying lets say you get stuck on an ayah stop and continue the rest of your prayer.. after you are done praying go and check on the spot you got stuck on, and once you see what you forgot its so easy to recall it the next time
yes!! really smart!....I usually get frustrated when I don't recite (in salah) everything I memorized correctly, like for example, if I memorized 5 ayahs of baqarah today, I beat myself up about not remembering 4out of 5, and I never look back the quran after I finished with salah to remind myself...which, I've learned, is just self defeating behavior! this is a really good tip, though: recite what u memorized daily in salah, and then once you're done with the rakah look up your mistakes, or the parts u forgot.

subhanallah allah has made memorizing easy....he's placed natural ways to memorize, and to practice in our daily schedule, and yet we complain memorizing or revising is too hard...it IS challenging, but allah has already built a system for us to practice our revision: salah!

jak for the tips =)

When you bow down to Allah (SWT) you can stand up to anything!

Rizq Factory
Hajj, Sawm, Zakat, Oaths

Shaykh Waleed Basyouni & Sh. AbdulBary Yahya
July 6-8, 14-15
Orlando, Florida

.: Mariam R. | email: mariam@qnoor.org
http://perfecshunist.livejournal.com
@mariemerald on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mariemerald
mraza1 is offline   Reply With Quote