Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Chain of Command: Sciences of Hadeeth I - SNH 101

Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
farrukhshahzad
Ummat Muhammad

An interactive site for hadeeth Narrators

My name is Farrukh Shahzad. I am enrolled in a 3 year Islamic studies program at Arees Institute (http://arees.org). For the last 2 years I am working on a project regarding Muslim scholars. This work is an effort to collect,compile and store (electronically, in one place) authentic information about Muslim scholars since the advent of Islam more than 1400 years ago.

Alhamdulillah, the first phase is complete with about 20,000 entries in the database covering the first 3 centuries of Islam. It includes companions, followers, their successors, hadeeth narrators, and other scholars. All the data is collected from authentic resources. Please visit http://Muslim-scholars.info for more details.

One of the uniqueness of this project that the information can be searched, compared, organized and presented/displayed in several interactive ways including timelines, trees and chains.

It will be great pleasure if you can visit this website and provide your comments, feedback and suggestion for improvements .

I have created an online survey. On the main page, there is a link for Evaluation Survey. Please complete the Survey and provide your comments, feedback and suggestion for improvements after going thru some of the sample information on the side bar (right side of welcome page).

Jazak Allah khair,

Farrukh Shahzad
Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Arif K.
Ameer, Qabeelat Nurayn

Re: An interactive site for hadeeth Narrators

Masha'Allah, the site looks AWESOME! May Allah reward you for your hard work!

Qabeelat Nurayn

Ummul-Qabā'il

DC | Maryland | Virginia

Collector's Edition: Sahih Bukhari

Shaykh Yasir Qadhi | Jan. 6-8, 2012
| University of Maryland, College Park
Register Today!
Arif K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Sincerity123
Qabeelat Majd

Re: An interactive site for hadeeth Narrators

This is an amazing resource! I would love to spend more time going through it.

I love the timeline format and the family trees... very beneficial. Some names are hard to pick up, eg: wives of the companions, their names seem sometimes continuing on multiple lines and hard to identify if its one name or two names. (maybe make it more clear like use a dash in beginning of each name).

Also, at the end of the tree, does it mean its not known if they ahd more kids or did they NOT have any more kids, eg: after Hassan and Hussain's children list, theirs nothing saying "none" like others.... but their aren't more names either. So maybe it more clear inshallah. At the end of the tree.

Awesome website really! I love it already May Allah(swt) magnify your reward (Ameen)

Sincerity123 is offline   Reply With Quote