Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Precious Provisions: Fiqh of Food and Clothing - FQH 302

Old 02-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
anything
Ummat Muhammad

Pure Grain Alcohol?

Assalaamualaykum wa rahmatullah my dearest brothers and sisters,

I really need some help in clarifying whether the pure grain alcohol is permissible.

My mother has very bad kidney stones and the doctors are suggesting that she should have her gall bladder removed.

However, through much research, I have learned that such a procedure will not solve the problem.

I have come across a medicine which has amazing testimonials, though it is in a base of pure grain alcohol (44-55%). Please see this link: http://www.baselinenutritionals.com/.../KGP-Flush.php

Only 4-8 drops should be mixed with diluted juice, or even better (according to the site), 4 ounces with a quart (32 ounces) of fresh squeezed apple juice.

Please could you help me find the answer as to whether pure grain alcohol is permissible, or in this specific situation at least.

May Allah reward you all for helping my dear mother. Ameen.

Your brother.
anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
malesh
Qabeelat Nurayn

Re: Pure Grain Alcohol?

assalaamu alaikum,

Did you find an answer to the permissiblity of pure grain alcohol? Did this product work for you? I am having the same problem with gallstones and found that the herbs in this product are supposed to be really good. I am trying to avoid surgury if possible. Does anyone know?
"Hasn't the time come for the hearts of Those Who Believe to be affected by the Remembrance of Allah?" (57:16)
malesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
anything
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by malesh
assalaamu alaikum,

Did you find an answer to the permissiblity of pure grain alcohol? Did this product work for you? I am having the same problem with gallstones and found that the herbs in this product are supposed to be really good. I am trying to avoid surgury if possible. Does anyone know?
Walaykumussalaam wa rahmatullah,

Sorry brother, no one has bothered to answer or even give any guidance as to who or where to find out from.

If you hear anything, please let me know, jazakAllahkheir.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
malesh
Qabeelat Nurayn

Here are two fatwas I found:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/40530/alcohol%20medicine

and

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/111004/alcohol%20medicine

I will definitely need to order something soon and try it, so will let you know what happens inshaAllah.
"Hasn't the time come for the hearts of Those Who Believe to be affected by the Remembrance of Allah?" (57:16)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
anything
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by malesh
Here are two fatwas I found:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/40530/alcohol%20medicine

and

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/111004/alcohol%20medicine

I will definitely need to order something soon and try it, so will let you know what happens inshaAllah.
JazakAllahkheir brother, please do keep me informed.

I will have a read of the fatawa you posted insha'Allah.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
malesh
Qabeelat Nurayn

assalaamu alaikum Brother,

I wanted to update you by saying that I decided to take the herbs separately and watch my diet, and alhamdulillah, I haven't had that horrible pain since then.

I have been taking Chanca Piedra (tablets) and Stone Free. I bought Hydrangea Root also but haven't taken it. I believe I got them through Swanson Vitamins or Vitacost or Amazon.

In case of pain, apple cider vinegar should be mixed with water and drank. It helps alot. I've read also that Peppermint works well.

In terms of diet, I started eating a lot of dried figs (for fiber)- also mentioned in the Medicine of the Prophet. I have been avoiding fried and creamy foods. Also I drank alot of apple juice which is supposed to dissolve the stones with its malic acid.

Hope this helps. I still hope to do ultrasound to see the results.