Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Marketing AlMaghrib

Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #11
dhulfiqhar
Ummat Muhammad

Re: an idea regarding standardizing our email promos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
as salamu alaykum,
Here is the idea that I had.

A lot of people send out emails to their lists, but they don't know how effective it is ... and they might now know how to best word their emails.

So ... what if we had standard and effective copy/paste email promotions that one could simply personalize and send to their mailing lists.

Maybe even with a special link to see how many people opened and clicked through to the almaghrib website.
Web analytics is definitely an essential tool to see what is working. Otherwise you maybe shooting in the dark. At Banu Salaam we track effectiveness by two method and third is in the works.
1. Conversion of emails to clicks to our website. This is tracked by our hosting service.
2. Feedback on surveys. At the love notes class, the majority of our suvey dealt with marketing. Which methods worked, which did not etc? We can post our suvey/results.

The third method we will Insha'Allah implement is using the 1px gif tracking method. This is the a el-cheapo way to findout how many people even opened your email.

~Transforming the Bible Belt into the Bismillah Belt one grit at a time~
dhulfiqhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #12
Siraaj

Emanrush used to send out HTML designed e-mails. What would be nice is if this was done using themes / colors / characteristics for each class.

Siraaj
Old 12-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #13
Sarah Mushtaq
Ameerah, Qabeelat Ittihaad - Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMuslimah
There's also an option of having it be a visual type of email. When we were promoting Rizq Management in Ittihaad, one of our tactics included a visually appealing email that we could distribute easily. Br. Said Ketchman came up with this, only it was sliced up, the boxed areas were links, and the body included more text...

I think it'd be good to have similar type emails standardized for each class. It definately helps market the class efficiently and professionally.
I liked that email a LOT Mashallah. I was going to just send out a text e-mail but I thought, hey no one is going to read it.. and Subhanallah I got that e-mail I loved how it had the same theme (colors, etc) as the class Poster!

But.. Humans are lazy, and they just scan e-mails, (*ahem* including me *ahem*) so if we had e-mails like that, that are visual and catchy, it'd help a lot for advertising Inshallah.

One thing though, as said before, the same old thing would get really annoying though.

Wa Allahu'alim.

"The Believer is Grateful When Given, and Patient When Denied." - TEJ, '10
"The Best Hiba AlWahhab gave us is living with His Names ." - VoS, '10
Sarah Mushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #14
mbslrm
Qabeelat Majd

This id an amazing idea, but some e-mail clients might not fully support this, and they might become distorted. But hopefully, everyone is unging and e-mail client that supports some HTML.....
Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #15
Arif K.
Ameer, Qabeelat Nurayn

Now that ConstantContact, MailChimp, iContact are becoming standardfare for AlMaghrib HQ business, it would be great if every Qabeelah could be given such a paid marketing platform.

Taking the idea further, it would be great to have an AlMaghrib intranet of marketing techniques and materials specifically grouped per seminar. So for example, if 'Light of Guidance' is coming to an area, that Qabeelah can open the LOG folder and find campaigns, HMTL newsletters, and other resources that are already ready for them to download and use.

Qabeelat Nurayn

Ummul-Qabā'il

DC | Maryland | Virginia

Collector's Edition: Sahih Bukhari

Shaykh Yasir Qadhi | Jan. 6-8, 2012
| University of Maryland, College Park
Register Today!
Arif K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #16
springRoll
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arif K. View Post
Now that ConstantContact, MailChimp, iContact are becoming standardfare for AlMaghrib HQ business, it would be great if every Qabeelah could be given such a paid marketing platform.

Taking the idea further, it would be great to have an AlMaghrib intranet of marketing techniques and materials specifically grouped per seminar. So for example, if 'Light of Guidance' is coming to an area, that Qabeelah can open the LOG folder and find campaigns, HMTL newsletters, and other resources that are already ready for them to download and use.
As salaamu alaikum,

I totally support the idea of an AlMaghrib intranet of sorts where materials on Al-Maghrib, both print and media/online videos, and also on upcoming classes can be found.
In fact, I came to the forums looking for materials/ideas and the likes for our Banu Singafur promo efforts.
Insha'Allah, this should be seriously considered by HQ.
Truly in the heart there is a void that can't be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is an emptiness that can't be filled, except with love for Him & by turning to Him, and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what's in it, it wouldn't fill this emptiness.
-Ibn Al-Qayyim Rahimullah
springRoll is offline   Reply With Quote