Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Torch Bearers: Scholars of Islam - HST 301

Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Re: Class Preparation

Jazaakum Allahu khayran! Great resources.

yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
Ahmed El-kadri
Qabeelat Falaah

Re: Class Preparation

I remember watching a children movie in Arabi called " asad Aian Jallout" you can find it on youtube or this link for the whole movie http://guidanceforall.wordpress.com/...jalout-battle/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Umaarah View Post
- the history of Northern India during the Mongol Empire and British Colonization.

Islam Invulnerable Notes are good for reviewing this.

- Al-Hajjaj ibn Yousuf and his role in fighting those who rebelled against the Umayyads

Try the History of Islam Series by Akbar Shah Najeebabadi, Volume 2. (Around pg. 151.) I haven't read it yet, but that series goes into pretty good details.

I also remember him being mentioned briefly in one of the classes, but I can't remember which one - oh yeah - Shaykh Yaser mentioned him in the Code Evolved:

As Ibn al-Areef said, “The tongue of Ibn Hazm and the sword of Al-Hajjaj were indeed but twin brothers.”

[font=Century Gothic','sans-serif][font=Century Gothic','sans-serif][/font][/font]
[font=Century Gothic','sans-serif][font=Century Gothic','sans-serif]Al-Hajjaj was sent to Iraq to deal with the fitna. In appearance, he was short and chubby, but he was very bloody. He covered his face and gave a khutbah there. He said, “I can see the heads that are ripe and need to be harvested and I will be the one to harvest these heads.” His sword was one that dripped with blood. His era was a bloody one. He besieged Makkah when Abdullah ibn AzZubayr led the rebellion there. He killed ibn AzZubayr. (From notes, don't quote me!) [/font][/font]

- the Battle of 'Ain Jaloot

I had no idea about this battle, so I looked it up on wikipedia ("battle of ain jalut")
Ahmed El-kadri is offline   Reply With Quote