Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Decoded

Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Yaser Birjas
Instructor, AlMaghrib Institute

Smile Calling all Durbites, Can you Decode it?

as-salamu alaykum,

Ok, Decoded needs to be decoded to all those who are wondering about this amazing Usool experience. You were the first qabeela to receive it and experience it. So, what do you have to say about it?

Share the khayr. Decode it for them.

Yaser
Yaser Birjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Abdullah~
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Calling all Durbites, Can you Decode it?

Wa Alaykum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

May Allah forgive me, I have been meaning to write for some time. Jazakum'Allahu khayran Shaykh Yaser for sharing and helping explain the revelation of Allah SWT and the way of His Messenger SA to us.

I think the highlight of this course is that what we are studying and taking benefit from is all rooted in the revelation in the Book of Allah and the way of His Messenger SA. Whatever terms and principles you learn also carry great implications in what they entail, and insha'Allah help you understand the revelation better, and how to not jump to conclusions and to slow down. It is hoped that by what we learn in this seminar we get closer to Allah and do not go astray or lose the way. I did not take the first two fiqh courses I really want to - so as far as my experience is concerned, I do not know if I ever engaged in critical thinking and intellectual thought with fellow students regarding the revelation as much as I did during this seminar in such a concentrated amount of time. Insha'Allah one can subconsciously - and perhaps with some awareness - adopt good manners of discussion with fellow students during discussion by experiencing the seminar activities. Insha'Allah Decoded helps one realize and brings home how much there is to know, and how much one does not know - and that is a great life lesson.

And lastly Durbah, Jazakum'Allahu khayran for your hospitality and making a guest feel at home.
Abdullah~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
gkhan
Qabeelat Durbah

Re: Calling all Durbites, Can you Decode it?

Waalakum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

This class decoded was the first time in which i felt the grandeur that is the science of Fiqh.

Learning about usool, and absorbing just a fraction of the information helped me to realize the extent the scholars of Islam went through in codifying this religion so that we would be able to understand and build upon the legacy they left.

knowing that no stone was unturned and no principle or clarification was left to the imagination was reassuring. I now realize that there is a methodology of analysis to formulate a fatwaa and how hard the Mufti' must work and how much skill they must possess.

the activities in class and the examples were a great help and with shakyh yaser hafizahullah there to guide us the experience was relaxing and fruitful inshallah.

i would recommend you take this class if it is offered in your area and to miss it is to be deprived of some useful and beneficial knowledge. we ask Allah to make the class as beneficial to all as it was to me, to grant the best in this life to the Muslims and to protect our teachers and instructors, and Allah knows best!

-Babar
gkhan is offline   Reply With Quote