Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Nurayn

Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #31
Saimah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Re: Welcome Nurayn Rookies: Please Introduce Yourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatimahM
Assalamualaikum,

The Touched by An Angel seminar tomorrow will be my first Al-Maghrib class inshallah

jazakhallahu khair Amira for handing out those palm cards

I was wondering if anyone from the Gaithersburg area would be willing to give a lift either to or from the seminar (especially after its over b/c it will be late and possibly snow)
Walaykumusalaam wa Rahmatullah!

Welcome to AlMaghrib sis! Insha'Allah looking forward to meeting you and I hope Tafsir of Juz Amaa is an amazing experience for you and keeps you coming back for more!

As for the ride, I'll forward your request to the NuraynSisters list serve and see if we get any responses Insha'Allah

btw..if you'd like to join NuraynSisters: nurayn-sisters@googlegroups.com

"Iman is like an airplane ride. The higher up you go, the smaller the things on Earth look." Imam Safi Khan

Saimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #32
Amira NP Ali
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Assalamualaikum,

The Touched by An Angel seminar tomorrow will be my first Al-Maghrib class inshallah

waiyaakee, welcome!!

come with me tomorrow!...wish i was attending the entire seminar but i have some family stuff 2 do inshAllah..ill make some calls and we'll coordinate something.. dont even worry about it
(29:64). What is the life of this world but amusement and play? but verily the Home in the Hereafter,- that is life indeed, if they but knew.

(29:65). Now, if they embark on a boat, they call on Allah, making their devotion sincerely (and exclusively) to Him; but when He has delivered them safely to (dry) land, behold, they give a share (of their worship to others)!-

(29:66). Disdaining ungratefully Our gifts, and giving themselves up to (worldly) enjoyment! But soon will they know.

(29:67). Do they not then see that We have made a sanctuary secure, and that men are being snatched away from all around them? Then, do they believe in that which is vain, and reject the Grace of Allah.

(29:68). And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allah or rejects the Truth when it reaches him? Is there not a home in Hell for those who reject Faith?

(29:69). And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.
Amira NP Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #33
Ify Okoye
Ameerah, Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Assalamualaikum,

I was wondering if anyone from the Gaithersburg area would be willing to give a lift either to or from the seminar (especially after its over b/c it will be late and possibly snow)
Alhamdulillah, the snow already arrived and I look forward to meeting you tonight, in sha Allah.

Amira take good care of our sister, no Egyptian driving, please. We don't want to scare away our new students.

الحمد لله الذي بنعمته تتم الصالحات
•*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Umm al-Qaba'il ¸.•'´¯).•:*¨¨*•
Nurayn: The Lighthouse

Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say good or remain silent. [Bukhari and Muslim]
Ify Okoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #34
Amira NP Ali
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ify Okoye
Alhamdulillah, the snow already arrived and I look forward to meeting you tonight, in sha Allah.

Amira take good care of our sister, no Egyptian driving, please. We don't want to scare away our new students.
jazaaha Allah khair 2 my buddy hijabi4life who always steps up when needed hamduillah

Ify, why must u hate on my Egyptian driving??
if its about the other night, u and I both know that sidewalk WAS NOT suppose to be there! amatullah help me out here
(29:64). What is the life of this world but amusement and play? but verily the Home in the Hereafter,- that is life indeed, if they but knew.

(29:65). Now, if they embark on a boat, they call on Allah, making their devotion sincerely (and exclusively) to Him; but when He has delivered them safely to (dry) land, behold, they give a share (of their worship to others)!-

(29:66). Disdaining ungratefully Our gifts, and giving themselves up to (worldly) enjoyment! But soon will they know.

(29:67). Do they not then see that We have made a sanctuary secure, and that men are being snatched away from all around them? Then, do they believe in that which is vain, and reject the Grace of Allah.

(29:68). And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allah or rejects the Truth when it reaches him? Is there not a home in Hell for those who reject Faith?

(29:69). And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.
Amira NP Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #35
Tariq Islam
Qabeelat Nurayn

Assalaamu alaikum all,

This month actually marks my one year anniversary with both Al Maghrib and Nurayn alhamdulillah. I'm relatively new so sadly I don't have any cool stories .

TSP was my first class... I remember hearing about it. I was taking a Bayyinah course at ADAMS when they handed out the flier. I remember thinking "MAN this is a really nice little flier, very pretty". Soooo finally I decided I'd register and take the class (not just because of the flier though lol).

Showing up to the seminar in Shady Grove, I had an "oh snap" moment when I realized that Mobeen was the Ameer.

Brothers and Sisters, I fell in love with that class and everything about it, let me tell you. Then Mobeen "conned" me into "helping out" with financial aid, which somehow turned into me becoming head of financial aid lol. Not that I mind in the least, it was exceptionally rewarding walhamdulillah and I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

Now... apparently someone had the crazy-brained idea of making me Ameer, so here I am lol.
Tariq Islam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #36
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Islam
Then Mobeen "conned" me into "helping out" with financial aid, which somehow turned into me becoming head of financial aid lol.

Now... apparently someone had the crazy-brained idea of making me Ameer, so here I am lol.
Yea, that's how it usually works at Nurayn. If my memory serves me correct, brother Mobeen was also conned into being Ameer by former Ameer brother Hasnain lol. The sunnah of conning continues.

yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #37
Tariq Islam
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatullah
Yea, that's how it usually works at Nurayn. If my memory serves me correct, brother Mobeen was also conned into being Ameer by former Ameer brother Hasnain lol. The sunnah of conning continues.

I know Hasnain well... I believe you lol.
Tariq Islam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #38
Mobeen Vaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Islam
Then Mobeen "conned" me into "helping out" with financial aid, which somehow turned into me becoming head of financial aid lol.

lol, yeah I remember that
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #39
Ify Okoye
Ameerah, Qabeelat Nurayn

Ma sha Allah, I met so many Nurayn rookies this seminar (don't worry I won't call you out by name but you know who you are) I was enthused by their energy and willingness to join in helping and volunteering for Nurayn. Looking forward to see all of you at upcoming volunteer meetings and classes, in sha Allah.

الحمد لله الذي بنعمته تتم الصالحات
•*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Umm al-Qaba'il ¸.•'´¯).•:*¨¨*•
Nurayn: The Lighthouse

Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say good or remain silent. [Bukhari and Muslim]
Ify Okoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #40
Arif K.
Ameer, Qabeelat Nurayn

I've read over this thread several times, but never really got around to posting since this hall of fame yearbook seemed too awesome to post in

Bismillah. My first seminar with AlMaghrib was Sacred Scrolls with Sh. Yasir Qadhi and Imam Suhaib Webb. My dad used to take the earlier AlMaghrib classes in DUS's basement, but I didn't since I thought they were university classes meant for adult students (I was a wee lad at the time).

When I took that first class in Marshall High School (my favorite venue to this day), I was completely swept away. Sh. Yasir Q. was speaking some serious mojo to my zealous, wannabe-talib-al-ilm self.

I became active in Nurayn when Omar Madani added me to the original nurayn-volunteers listserve back in the days of IlmFest '09 and I've been here ever since . Zuhair promptly 'conned' me into becoming Marketing Head of the conference and of the Qabeelah right after, and I've been busy ever since then.

What I love most about AlMaghrib is the whole world that it draws you into, the knowledge you can gain, and the awesome brotherhood that's at every seminar. No other institute has such a presence across America and the web, and no movement in the United States has had such a profound influence and effect amongst the first generations of American Muslims.

Qabeelat Nurayn

Ummul-Qabā'il

DC | Maryland | Virginia

Collector's Edition: Sahih Bukhari

Shaykh Yasir Qadhi | Jan. 6-8, 2012
| University of Maryland, College Park
Register Today!
Arif K. is offline   Reply With Quote