Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 12-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Massoud
Qabeelat Majd

Re: Girls at Islamic schools and Hayd

It is fine for them to touch and recite from the Qur'an. This is the view of the Dhahiris-including Ibn Hazm, Al-Bukhari, Ibn Taymiyyah, Al-Albani, and some of the Tabi'oon and Sahabah.

Those who have stated that there is a consensus in the prohibition of touching the Mushaf in these circumstances have been hasty and committed a sweeping generalization.

Insha-Allah the following narration should help:

Ibn Abbas quoted Abu Sufyan as saying: "Heraclius (who was a non-Muslim) asked for the letter from the Prophet (peace be upon him) and read it. It begin, 'In the Name of Allah, the Beneficient, the Most Merciful. Oh people of the scripture, let us come to a common principle between us, that we do not worship anyone (or anything) besides Allah.'"(Surah Al-Imran, 3:64) Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 1, p. 182, chapter 9, as stated in Islamic Rules on Menstruation and Post-Natal Bleeding by Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips.

Imam Al-Bukhari mentioned this incident to prove that since the Messenger of Allah sent messages to the pagans and disbelievers, who were in a state of defilement, then the menstruating woman can also read . . .

Anyway this is a far more detailed matter but in short it is in unjustice to prohibit women from reciting during their natural cycles; had this been the case there would have been an explicit command from the Prophet (peace be upon him), like in the cases of prayer and fasting . . .

And Allah knows best.
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: "The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, 'Whatever I have commanded you, do it, and whatever I have forbidden you, refrain from it.'" (Sunan Ibn Majah *, vol. 1, Chapter 1, p. 73, Hadith number 1; Classed as Sahih by Hafiz Abu Tahir Zubair Ali Za'i and Sheikh Al-Albani)

* Darussalam Publishers (5 volumes, 2007), translated by Nasiruddin Khattab.

Look at how Imam Ibn Majah started his Sunan; he has shown great respect to the commands of the Prophet (peace be upon him) . . .

Last edited by Massoud; 12-18-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Massoud is offline   Reply With Quote