Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Assalāmu Ďalaykum ~ May Peace be Upon You > My name is...

Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Al Baraa
Ummat Muhammad

Re: USA and Muslim Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
Good morning:

My spanish name is Carlos because my teacher had indicated such. My given name in baptism is Keith.

I am interested in learning more about relationships and what you like and dislike about us Americans. I do this in terms of education, for if we do not understand then how could we be of assistance?

I will listen to what you feel is important. Perhaps you will kindly listen in return.

What do you think about this type of idea in terms of education exchange?

Keith
Interesting question Keith.

Could you provide more context regarding relationships. There are many different dimensions of relationships (spiritual, spousal, familial, social, professional, etc).

Also, I think it's safe to assume that most of the people on this forum are either American (like myself), Canadian and British (since AlMaghrib holds its seminars mainly in these areas).

RE the question on like and dislike, in what context are you asking? There are many dimensions to this as well (political, social, cultural, etc).

- Belal
Old 12-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
bint afzal
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Re: USA and Muslim Relations

one likes i have is their mannerism. example: i was praying duhr at the break room and there were other ladies. after I was done praying, the lady apologized for talking to another lady while i was praying and looked at her, smiled and said that its okay. it happened again with another group of ladies. i thought to myself that so many of us take for granted when others are praying around us and socialize like crazy during times like right after jummah in the masjid while some are praying extra sunnah after Salatul Jummah and yet the Americans at my work were thoughtful for my prayer.

If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought. Surah Hasher: 21

bint afzal is offline   Reply With Quote