Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Guiding to Allah by the Book: Fiqh ad-Da'wah - DWH 101

Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #421
sAbrar
Ummat Muhammad

Re: A Trip To Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Ibn Hassan
...they called it (Qur'an) "..aka lyrics".
Bismillah

LOL! subhanallah! we couldn't stop laughing at this... May Allah bless you for your effort and guide them to Islam...
sAbrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #422
Ahmed Ibn Hassan
Ummat Muhammad

Alhumudulilah

This story happened as we were waiting for a ride from ALMaghrib class.

As i was sitting there with another brother reciting and doing review, (the brother was reciting a bit loud) and from the corner of my eye we saw a security guard staring cold at us, i didn't think much about it. Then we switched ( told him that 'bro that guy is staring at us... we brushed it off). All of a sudden this man walk up to us, saying ...'what are you reading?' ... we answered ' Quran a revelation from God!' he said: 'I know what the quran is, but what were you guys singing??' (note: the kid was reading, and he was 15yrs old mash'allah) and he's like "thats how the quran is recited,.." The man says " I've read the quran before, and i never heard it recited this beautiful ever!' .." we just looked at each other saying 'do you want to hear it again? (since this man was so moved by it... SUbhanallah look at the fitraah Allaah places in the hearts of these people).

So we recited.. and he just sat next to us... wanting to talk.

We start off by saying ..."Allah (we muslims call god, the supreme) reviled this book to Muhammad (saws) to guide humanity..". He said .."yeah i know, I'm a muslim (he's not muslim we could tell) I believe in your god, and Muhammad (saws) is the prophet.." We were really excited!! He quickly started saying ..."Allah has no partners, no son, no daughter needs no help ..nor does he sleep"? He said : "He has partners (Audoo billah!!) " ... we tried to bring the convo back to believing Allah is one...; He couldn't accept that fact that Allah tabarakallah didn't have partners. He says " I know you kids are really excited about your religion... but i prefer my religion to be complicated, yours is too simple'. Subhanallah i couldn't understand the fact that he would accept something complicated over something so simple and rewarding? .. so we went back and fourth... convo went nowhere. Did i mention he's about 64yrs old, so he's in his later stages of his life (wallahu al'am) and I told him "this news were reviling to you is the most important news of your entire life, there will be a day when you will see the truth clearly'. He just smiles... (we handed him something to think about, a pamphlet talking about Islam/quran). Then we walked away ...

Points to take away from this post, Allah has placed something (niima) within all of us that we can use to make da'3wah with. At the end of the day, Allah has not accepted this person to enter his religion, but even though it look that this person was just about to Accept Islam ... but he was full of shirk inside. Sometimes when you look at these people you just look at them in wonder, your helping them, inviting them to Janaah, kahir, protection from the fire.. and their running towards the fire!...

Oh Changer of hearts strengthen our belief, keep firm our emaan and let us die only in the state of Al Islam ameen.

Ahmed
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #423
Umair Khan
Ummat Muhammad

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Masha Allah, very useful thread...

I wanted to ask where can I get Fiqh Ad-Dawah series from? I live in the UK currently.

Jazakumullahukhair.
Umair Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #424
Umair Khan
Ummat Muhammad

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

I found out where I can get it from.
Umair Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #425
AZikria
Ameer, Qabeelat Haqq

Quote:
Alhumudulilah

This story happened as we were waiting for a ride from ALMaghrib class.

As i was sitting there with another brother reciting and doing review, (the brother was reciting a bit loud) and from the corner of my eye we saw a security guard staring cold at us, i didn't think much about it. Then we switched ( told him that 'bro that guy is staring at us... we brushed it off). All of a sudden this man walk up to us, saying ...'what are you reading?' ... we answered ' Quran a revelation from God!' he said: 'I know what the quran is, but what were you guys singing??' (note: the kid was reading, and he was 15yrs old mash'allah) and he's like "thats how the quran is recited,.." The man says " I've read the quran before, and i never heard it recited this beautiful ever!' .." we just looked at each other saying 'do you want to hear it again? (since this man was so moved by it... SUbhanallah look at the fitraah Allaah places in the hearts of these people).

So we recited.. and he just sat next to us... wanting to talk.

We start off by saying ..."Allah (we muslims call god, the supreme) reviled this book to Muhammad (saws) to guide humanity..". He said .."yeah i know, I'm a muslim (he's not muslim we could tell) I believe in your god, and Muhammad (saws) is the prophet.." We were really excited!! He quickly started saying ..."Allah has no partners, no son, no daughter needs no help ..nor does he sleep"? He said : "He has partners (Audoo billah!!) " ... we tried to bring the convo back to believing Allah is one...; He couldn't accept that fact that Allah tabarakallah didn't have partners. He says " I know you kids are really excited about your religion... but i prefer my religion to be complicated, yours is too simple'. Subhanallah i couldn't understand the fact that he would accept something complicated over something so simple and rewarding? .. so we went back and fourth... convo went nowhere. Did i mention he's about 64yrs old, so he's in his later stages of his life (wallahu al'am) and I told him "this news were reviling to you is the most important news of your entire life, there will be a day when you will see the truth clearly'. He just smiles... (we handed him something to think about, a pamphlet talking about Islam/quran). Then we walked away ...

Points to take away from this post, Allah has placed something (niima) within all of us that we can use to make da'3wah with. At the end of the day, Allah has not accepted this person to enter his religion, but even though it look that this person was just about to Accept Islam ... but he was full of shirk inside. Sometimes when you look at these people you just look at them in wonder, your helping them, inviting them to Janaah, kahir, protection from the fire.. and their running towards the fire!...

Oh Changer of hearts strengthen our belief, keep firm our emaan and let us die only in the state of Al Islam ameen.

Ahmed
Jazaka Allah Khair for the experience you had. Here is one of mine.

Bismillahi ar-Rahmani Raheem

As you may know my EmanRush to give dawah has been very soft for a while (this tends to happen when you don't have as much "Dawah Brothers" in your mist but it should NEVER be an excuse).

So today i'm at home recovering from three fingers i burned early this morning, when the door bell rings. I open the door and it's the handyman from our complex. He's coming to fix our light switches and electric plugs. The dudes been here before so we chit-chat but i come to know that I don't even know this dudes name. I find out later on as we start talking about the security around our complex.

His name is Nacho (yes like the food item), he's about 5"11, 250lbs, Mexican American. Nacho seems like a good guy but i'm NOT giving him dawah (not that I know of at least). No set up references, no seeds being planted, no extra ordinary hospitality, NOTHING. We're talking about the youth of today, their violent tenacities, with regards to our complex security. This leads us to talk slightly about our past, not in detail but, enough to lead us to repentance (again not by design). In the middle of our talk, earlier, i briefly mentioned the masjid I belonged to as a reference point to the local gangs in the area and when i did so I mentioned I am Muslim and we pray five times a day. By this time Nacho is about finished. I look around for more outlets he needs to fix and I find one last one that was behind a curtain.

As I am waiting for Nacho to finish up he asks me a question. So what's the difference between your religion and Catholicism? As I respond i'm thinking to myself "My Dawah Moment". AlHamdullilah i go straight to the point that all repentance is to be directed to Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'alla) directly (probably a habitual response from the time dawah was second nature to me, lol) and only. Nacho sat there, listened, while working on the electric socket as I spoke. I know Catholics can't understand why they have to go to another human being to confess their sins so I harp on that aspect while going to a big issue which is lowering the almighty to the level of a statue, human being i.e. His creation. He responds "man I have not been to church for awhile, I need to start going but I work two jobs". I respond to that as well by stating "In our faith we pray five times a day, everyday. Not just once a week. Because we always need to be reminded of God" and "also we see Jesus as a prophet of God". then i just blurted out "there are many Spanish speaking people become Muslim at our masjid". I'm am not sure where that came out from but Nacho nods his head and finishes his tasks. As he is leaving he tells me how our masjid is always busy and how people are always going in and out. I make him aware of our month of Ramadan that just past. Our conversations ends with me giving him a glass of water.

I look to speak with Nacho more often may be nice time I give him pamphlets or continue our talks because well he our security guy, lol. Make dua for Nacho, his serious demeanor can brush people off a times (it has to me one time when he kicked me out of the laundry room staying to long, lol) but he seems to be a person that's made many changes in his life. There are so many people like Nacho who are looking to change and probably so many like myself who have the skills to give dawah but we our laziness keep us from giving the message.

I see this once active thread, the most reviewed one on this forum STILL, is lacking the motivation. I say we work together to make it change. Jazaka ALLAH Khairun for reading up with my dawah experience.

For those who are members I suggest going to the bottom of this page and subscribing to this thread as it will give you many EmanRushes, Insha Allah.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #426
VeiledKnight
Qabeelat Haadi

I generally feel like people who are undergoing hardships in their lives are more willing to listen to and eventually accept the message of Islam. Perhaps it's due to the fact that they feel lonely and seek a source of help. And what better Source than Allah ta'ala Who accepts the invocations of His sincere servants. SubhanAllah.
"Verily, by the remembrance of Allah do the hearts find rest..." (Quran 13:28)

Last edited by VeiledKnight; 12-16-2012 at 02:04 AM.
VeiledKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 AM   #427
VeiledKnight
Qabeelat Haadi

Quote:
So Make lots of dua because in my school their aren't many muslims that are willing to strive (may Allaah guide us all)sometimes i feel like "Ibrahim alayhi salaam" because he was alone as he traveled in the land of Allaah as he was "considered a whole Ummah" himself.

Ahmed
Ya Allah..I totally feel you on that statement. That's why the "strangers" have a specific hadeeth dedicated to them subhanAllah.
"Verily, by the remembrance of Allah do the hearts find rest..." (Quran 13:28)

Last edited by VeiledKnight; 12-16-2012 at 02:00 AM.
VeiledKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #428
AZikria
Ameer, Qabeelat Haqq

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

AlHamdullillah at IIOC, masjid Omar Faroouk, we have been giving street dawah outside of the Masjid consistantly for the past month and a half. Our dawah is done almost every day of the week. The other day my next door nieghbor, Allen, said "hey man i was driving by last week and saw you with signs. What were you talking about?" I told him i was talking about god and islamic awareness, so people can talk to us about our faith Islam. He responded "oh man I'm gonna stop next time" and while raising his hands in the air (in confusion) "but I am right here why you ain't talk to me?" It is out of embarassment to say but I was caught speechless.

I haven't spoken to Allen yet but i will Insha ALLAH. I guess the moral of this story is we don't speak to our neighbors about our faith enough. We really need to do so. So please take it from me. If your reading this post RIGHT NOW go organize a way to get the message to your neighbors. Don't be left speechless. Better yet fulfill a right to your neighbor that they have over us.

Asalamu Alaykum

az
Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #429
AZikria
Ameer, Qabeelat Haqq

Subhan ALLAH, Today we were doing some street dawah outside the masjid. We have been using these large street signs similar to how the tax preparers advertise during tax season. We are hoping it will attract the cars driving by. Masha ALLAH they are certainly grabbing attention and well worth the investment.

As for a dawah story I have to say our dawah is getting around and as soon as we get a more consistant number of volunteers then I think we can start to go out a little further from the masjid to make sure we reach our goal Insha ALLAH. Please keep us in your duas.

Okay so today I met Gina. Gina is white, american, a mother, and someone really working hard to turn her life around. I met her as she was riding her bike. I saw her coming so I simply asked if she had 5 minsutes to talk about God. She hit her breaks and said "sure, I've been going through a lot and I found him about 8 months ago". Oh it's great to be able to discuss the topic of god with you, I said. She smiled and responded that she wants to be able to think about God so she can understand him better. Well I started asking Gina about about what we would call tauheed I.e. if she thought there was one god, what were some of his attributes (that she felt he had in her heart and mind), and if her god partakes in his creation. We started with things we agreed on such as the many attirbutes then went in deeper to speak about our differences. Gina grew up a catholic, was baptised christian as a teenager and now attends the gatherings of her local pastor. As we spoke about the role of worshiping the creator and not his creation, it was apparent that Gina was opening up. She told me "it's funny how your telling me that if I am against the idea of worshiping a statue then should not be worshiping a human because both are created things. I remember asking this same question to my pastor in which he refused to answer". I told her this question she had was because she was speaking from her fitrah. I purposely used the word fitrah here as I know she didn't know the meaning of it therfore it is likely she'd open up further when I explain fitrah to her. Gina was speechless after I explained the fitrah she had within her. Afterwards I stopped I knew she was listening but I told her since I promised her i'd only take 5 mins I will allow her to get back to where she was going. Gina smiled took a quran and some pamphlets. She wanted to continue but her kids we waiting for her. She thanked us and told her she could come back if she had any questions in the future.

The one thing I forgot to do is build ungency with Gina before she left but khair Insha ALLAH next time.

Sorry for any grammer errors. I am typing from my phone

az
Old 02-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #430
AZikria
Ameer, Qabeelat Haqq

Anyone have another story of their dawah to non-muslims?

Please share because i need a emanrush.

Asalamu Alaykum