Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > AlMaghrib Institute Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
Kojak
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Al-Maghrib is salaafi or not?

as-salamu alaikum

Currently all the instructors are in session. InshaAllah, the Forum Administrator will be able to help you somehow with your question once he sees your inquiry.

as-salamu alaikum
Old 06-19-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobandi
Asalaam Alaikum

First of all I will like to say that this site has alot of useful information, and is run very well mashallah. I didn't know where to post my topic, so i decided to post this over on this thread since it was titled almahrib institute discussion.

Alot of accusations have been going around about almaghrib institute in general and muhammed al-shareef in specific. I know Muhammed Al-Shareef is one of the many speakers, i would include in my list of geting muslims practicing islam. I personally have benefited from him and i know countless others have aswell.

Recently muslims have said that this organization and Muhammed Al-Shareef are salaafi oriented. I know Muhammed Al-Shareef has done hifz in cornwall maderassa and has studied at Madina university. Madina University has been said to have strong salaafi tendacies and ulema have cautioned many muslims from studing their. My question is this, are you guys salaafi and is Muhammed Shareef salaafi aswell? The definition of a salaafi to me and many muslims like me is one who bashs the Ashari and Matreedi Aqeeda, is against tassawuf, calls all sufis deviant and does not do taqleed of the 4 imams.I would prefer if Muhammed Al-Shareef replies or any scholar in this site to reply. Jazakallah Khair

BTW- I hope no one takes this as a insult on the institute and Muhammed Shareef, wallahi I think Muhammed al-Shareef has done alot for islam and is a very very special brother. May allah shower him with continued blessing up to the last day..
Wa `alaykumussalaam

First of all, jazaak Allaahu Khayran for coming on to these forums to seek the truth about these issues rather than just listening to what others say. Much misguidance is the result of just taking what people say about others without following up yourself and seeking the truth directly. May Allaah (SWT) guide us all to the Straight Path. Ameen!

AlMaghrib Institute is an independent organization without affiliations to other organizations or ideologies. AlMaghrib strives to teach those that attend its classes sound, correct Islamic studies according to the understanding of the well-known scholars of the past (amongst them, the 4 well-known Imams of Fiqh - Abu Haneefah, Maalik, Ash-Shaafi`ee, and Ahmad).

However, AlMaghrib does not draw lines or make any allegiances except to seeking the Truth and pleasure of Allaah (SWT). Furthermore, you'll find no "bashing" of any groups, ideologies, or individuals on this site or through our classes. Classes are taught in a straight-forward and proofs-based methodology, and speaking about individuals or organizations in a negative way on this site is strictly forbidden.

Still, my words only carry so much weight, so I invite you to listen to some of the lectures available through EmanRush Audio or some of our live webcasts (there are at least two coming up at the end of this month, in shaa Allaah). Through these speeches, you'll be able to listen in directly and judge for yourself what AlMaghrib Institute is about, rather than based off of what other people say.

I look forward to seeing you around more often, and please do ask if you have any further questions. You're more than welcome to e-mail me directly at forums@almaghrib.org, as well.

Your brother in Islaam,

Abu Hurayrah
AlMaghrib Forums Administrator
"The Friendly Admin"

Wassalaamu`alaykum

Old 06-20-2005, 04:35 AM   #3
Noor Syed
Qabeelat Ansar

Allow me to quote a couple of relevant posts by Muhammed AlShareef and Irtizah H(AlMaghrib Manager)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad AlShareef
.......Just for the record, labelling of Muslims makes me cringe. It hurts all of us. Just as we would dislike for people to use labels to harm us, I would recommend that we be the first example of a nobler standard, desisting the labeling such as those mentioned in this thread.

In sha Allah, this is meant to be a guidance and reminder for myself and all the young brother and sister students of Islam in Canada that we shall be working with. Bi tawfeeqillah.

What's beautiful, ma sha Allah, is that it seems that you have the desire to call people back to the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam. What's also beautiful is that it seems that you have setup in your mind a filter that says, bi idhnillah, when the sunnah is made clear to me I shall follow it wherever it leads. What's also beautiful is that you've read a lot of materials and are searching for more, that's awesome.

I can tell you this much to start you off on the path of helping your family members: honestly, help yourself first and foremost. Too soon people conclude that they are 'on' the Sunnah, that they are a total embodiment of what the Sunnah stands for, and then the go out to save everyone else.

What that 'everyone else' sees is a person who is lacking in his worship, lacking in upright character, lacking in hikma of da'wah, lacking ... lacking ... and so naturally they are repulsed. Naturally. This is what Allah tells us in the Qur'an. Few will actually be guided by this until words match up with one's deeds; upright character and actions.

PS: Our forum guidelines guide us that if there is a specific issue one would like to ask about, they should ask without mentioning names of people or organizations or labels for fear of dhulm (transgression) that may happen when that person or organization may be specifically spoken about behind their back without them having the opportunity to accurately represent themeselves..
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrtizaH
Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullah

I will reply to this issue from the perspective of the administration and after that let us put an end to it ikhwaan.

Our agenda... I asked the founder of AlMaghrib Institute Muhammad Alshareef his agenda in 2003. His reply, "to help people become better Muslims.." I said, you mean Salafis??? He said, "better Muslims" and the issue has never been brought up since, nor have I ever heard any of our teachers speak of some Salafi agenda, Salafi influence, Salafi brainwashing...

Yasir Birjas taught TCE beginning with ibn Hazm ending with ibn Taiymiya, Muhammad Alshareef teaches subjects quoting various scholars including contemporary ones such as ibn Uthaymin, Qardawi, and others..

If people have a concern about AlMaghrib teaching extremism, I would love for it to be brought to our attention to we can "nip it in the buds" but if AlMaghrib is being dismissed or mocked as a Salafi Institute, then I think these are excuses and invalid name calling, rather than genuine concerns about one's community...

Wallahu alim... I invite my brothers, the admins of the forums, to delete my post if they wish to..

Wassalam alaikum..
Old 06-20-2005, 06:51 AM   #4
umm sulaymaan
Ummat Muhammad

Lightbulb Re: Al-Maghrib is salaafi or not?

salamualaikum

inshallaah i have one question to ask?

what exactly is a salafi?
and are u basing your understanding of the salafi on what you have heard?

also,

anythng that the Prophet sallaahu alayhe wa salaam, or the 1sr 3 generation didnt do, there is no need for as to do this.

inshallaah you shoud ask yasir qadhi about this, he has written/translated a book called critical study of shirk, very very benefical, and inshallaah may give u an insight. inshallaah reada book on tawheed aswell

also another book for u to read will be The Dispraise of Al-Hawaa (the Desires) by Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim.
we as muslism should remember that we should not fall into qeel wa qaal inshallah, and should thrive hard to understand the haqq, mashallaah thsi is what i feel you are doing!

however i do feel your understanding of the word salafi is somewhat wrong, and as for medinah university, subhanallaah this is not true,

final point, i strongly feel many of us are lacking in the fundementals of deen?
for example doyou the the categories on tawheed in depth?
do u fully understand it?
so you understand shirk?
anbd what it invloves?
can you explain this to muslims and non muslims?
do you understand what a sunnah is?
do u understand what a bida' is?
how well do u understand this?

work on this inshallaah rather then being "fearful" (i cnt tink of a good word rite now)of the salafis.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 AM   #5
umm sulaymaan
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
and as for medinah university, subhanallaah this is not true,
what i meant was,i dont know of any ulema warning against going here mashallaah
Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #6
Kojak
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobandi
Jazakallah Khair for your replies, I would also like to hear from Muhammed Al-Shareef..
Most likely he has been asked this before. InshaAllah if you do a search you will find some answers.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

I'm answering this thread because a friend requested that I respond. Hafidhahullah.

What am I? I am Muslim.
I choose no additional label after Allah has labeled us Muslim.
walhamdulillaahi rabbil 'aalameen.
Closed Thread