Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Heavenly Hues: Thematic Tafseer - QRN 301 > Answered Questions

Old 05-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
bluemoon
Qabeelat Haadi

Post Question on the book "Al Itqan Fi Uloom al Qur'an"

I have a question for Shaikh Yaser on the book 'Al Itqan Fi Uloom al Qur'an' by Suyuti ... what is the opinion of the scholars on this book, in terms of the presence of weak narrations in it. Would you recommend this book for students of knowledge to read on their own, or would it be better to read it with a knowledgeable shaikh who could point out the weak narrations, if any ?

Jazakallahu Khairan.

Last edited by bluemoon; 05-26-2008 at 05:27 PM.
bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Yaser Birjas

Re: Al Itqan Fi Uloom al Qur'an

The book of Imam As-suyooti rahimahullah “Al Itqaan fi Uloom AlQur’an” is one of the most celebrated books in the field of Uloom AlQur’an or the sciences of the Qur’an. Indeed, it deserved all the praise it got. Even though many scholars considered it a modification of the book of Imam Az-zarkashi rahimahullah “AlBurhaan fi Uloom AlQur’an” which is considered the first of its kind on the subject As-suyooti was able to surpass the book of Az-zarkashi in the organization and expansion on the subject by adding more pertinent topics to the filed not found in any other work on Uloom AlQur’an.

As-suyooti a great scholar of Hadith was however, criticized for the weak narrations he filled his book with without writing any commentary on them; some of these narrations were serious and became the justification of many orientalists to target the Qur’an with their criticism.

Our Sheikh, Hazem Haydar hafidhahullah –who currently gives Ijaaza in Qiraa’aat in Masjid An-Naabi salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam - got his doctoral degree on a comparative study of both books Al Itqaan and Al Burhaan. It’s in Arabic only and already available in the market. Since you asked about Al Itqaan, which is, also in Arabic I am assuming that you know Arabic very well. Therefore, I am attaching a pdf file of the book of our sheikh hafidahuillah for you to look at. This file includes the first edition of the book; a new and better edition that has some additions and corrections is available now. I still couldn’t find the file for it yet.

Al Itqaan is a kind of hard to study on your own unless you have a good background on this subject. I recommend for beginners to start with a book like Mabaahith fi Uloom AlQur’an by sh. Manaa’ Al Qattan; you can study this one easily insha’Allah.

Finally, it is always better for the student of knowledge to find a sheikh to read the book with and study the subject.

Last edited by Yaser Birjas; 06-12-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Yaser Birjas

For some reason I couldn't upload the file and attach it. I will probably try later insha'Allah.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #4
Fajr
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Ustadh Yaser, please post up the pdf when you can, I'd be really interested in reading it insha'Allah - I have both the Itqaan and Burhaan and am constantly comparing the two!!

If the attachment doesn't work, can a moderator please post up a download link for us?

'Your Lord knows best as to what is in your hearts.
If you are righteous, then indeed He is Oft-Forgiving to those who keep returning (to Him).'
- al-Israa: 25 -
Fajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
Yaser Birjas

Here is a link I found for the book and insha'Allah it will work.

Moderator, please keep this link.

http://www.archive.org/download/mdqsoimdqsoi/oqbi.pdf
Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
faheemkamran
Ummat Muhammad

well i would say that should read it will a scholer so if any week nesses he could point them out
faheemkamran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
muddassir
Ummat Muhammad

Are there any moderators here, why so much spam?
muddassir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
abuhanzolah
Qabeelat Badr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaser birjas View Post
here is a link i found for the book and insha'allah it will work.

Moderator, please keep this link.

http://www.archive.org/download/mdqsoimdqsoi/oqbi.pdf
جزاك الله خيرا.
abuhanzolah is offline   Reply With Quote