Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Ilm Summit > IlmSummit Dawah Project

Old 09-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #11
KhairSeekers
Ummat Muhammad

Re: YQ Da'wah Project Launched!!

It was decided that it would be best to launch after Ramadan, InshaAllah. For now everyone will likely receive some informative e-mail/s concering more details about the project itself, inshaAllah.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
Asha
Ameerah, Qabeelat Haadi

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahamatulah

This project is well on its way and the ball is rolling alhamdulilah! We need one more very key and important position filled, test your skills and get massive rewards for helping change someones life with this amazing dawah project!

Your focus would be coming up with ways to raise funds for this project.
If you think your ready to share the khayr please email khairseekers@gmail.com

As for the teams that have been created, expect emails from your leads soon inshAllah!

Asha
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #13
Danish Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiez
Don't reinvent the wheel

check these links out: http://www.dawahcorps.com/ & http://onestopdawahshop.org/
yes i agree...

also look into Al Furqaan - http://www.al-furqaan.org/ - dont knwo muchabout it but seems lieka good project, once you have the material you cna probably use their iinfrastructure to distribute
Allahu'alam
Old 03-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
KhairSeekers
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Hasan
yes i agree...

also look into Al Furqaan - http://www.al-furqaan.org/ - dont knwo muchabout it but seems lieka good project, once you have the material you cna probably use their iinfrastructure to distribute
Allahu'alam
Alhamdulillah, for a while we have been teamed up with an existing dawah project, which is run by the same individuals as one of those suggested on this thread. Also the brother who suggested those has since joined the effort.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
freedbyislam
Qabeelat Hosna

bismillah. i like the idea of pairing up a Muslim and non-Muslim. my advice, organize teams, and have the head of each team be a very experienced daaee or shaykh. that way, every Muslim working with a non-Muslim will have someone to refer questions, too, someone to seek guidance from, someone to hold them accountable, even someone to whom the non-Muslim can complain if that were necessary.

ideally, you want the number of people on the team to be as small as possible -- but that will be a function of how many experienced daaees and shuyukh you enlist.

if there is too much of a mismatch: 100 at the bottom level and only 1 daaee/shaykh for them to report to, then i would suggest having multiple intermediate levels. 10 people reporting to 1 somewhat experienced person. those "1"'s, ten of them reporting to the one daaee/shaykh. and complaints, naudhobillah, getting fast-tracked up.

or something like that.

Always looking for the best status? Then think more about the status of Allah.

Experience Hosna. May Allah increase you and me in beneficial knowledge, in pure provision, and in accepted deeds. May He make our feet firm on the straight path.

Keep up with me as tariqnisarahmed at Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Or look for my articles at MuslimMatters.
freedbyislam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #16
JayshAllah
Ummat Muhammad

As-Salam Alaykum.

I desperately want to join this group, insha-Allah. Is it too late to join?

I agree with Ustadh Yasir Qadhi that the current materials for Dawah--though copious--are inadequate and unsatisfactory.

I would like to help in the writing. I am willing to give sample writing for evaluation, if the positions are already taken. I really think I can help, insha-Allah.

I will email you guys. I hope it is not too late.

Fi aman Allah

"Be RELEVANT!" --Imam Suhaib Webb
JayshAllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #17
Nihalk1
Qabeelat Durbah

Have you guys seen the new WhyIslam pamphlets? They're amazing!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #18
JayshAllah
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihalk1
Have you guys seen the new WhyIslam pamphlets? They're amazing!
I think it's ok.

I think we Muslims should stop opening up with the five pillars thing, and open up with Tawheed, Shirk, universality of all of the prophets (especially Moses and Jesus), etc.

Fi aman Allah

"Be RELEVANT!" --Imam Suhaib Webb
JayshAllah is offline   Reply With Quote