Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > AlMaghrib Student Tribes Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Yasser Ibn Amr Ibn Al'aas

Sheikh Yasir Birjas's phone call

Since my phone is completely messed up ( I literally want to burn it now ), I wanted to write down the few words that sheikh Yasir said in his phone call to all of us, in the LOG class:

1. "Knowledge is kinship between its people."
This was one of the etiquettes that we learned in TCE (The Code Evolved), and shaykh Yasir Qadhi also menitoned it in the etiquettes of a student towards his fellow students...to love them a special love, to make duaa' for them, to help them in their studies and in their life in general, not to have any jealousy or hatred towards them, and to always think good of them.

2. Our beloved shaykh is in GREAT shape, with the aid of Allah azza wa jall. A south American brother became Muslim with him in the detention [ALLAHU AKBAR!!], and five others came to his Friday khutbah (in detention) interested and wanting to learn more about Islaam.

3. He reiterated the words of our previous scholars: 'How can anyone harm me, if I was expelled I'll consider it tourism, if I was imprisoned I'll consider it a khalwah (soletarianism) [with Allah]... '
In doing so, our beloved shaykh, brother and teacher is setting an example for all of us on dealing with hardships...May Allah give him and us sabr and make him and all of us get out of this trial as better worshippers of Allah, and with a step closer to Jannah.

4. And finally, after asked by our shaykh Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi if he needed anything, our beloved shaykh Yasir Birjas said: "Duaa'."

So in sha Allah let's all keep him in our duaas, which I'm sure all of are doing already. We ask Allah to rejoin us with our beloved teacher, brother and role model, shaykh Yasir Birjas, in this world upon His worship, and in the hereafter in His Jannah, in its highest levels, along with our beloved prophet Muhammad Salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and his companions.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
htmohamm

Re: Sheikh Yasir Birjas's phone call

Assalamu-alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,

Jazakallahu khairan Brother Yasser for your post. Reading your post was nothing short of heart-warming. Subhanallah, this trial of our beloved teacher is teaching ALL of us so much in terms of du'aa, sabr, and also of our limitations. Sheikh Yasir gave Daw'ah to individuals in jail and by the Mercy of Allah (SWT) one of the individuals already converted. Sheikh Yasir is still finding ways to benefit people with his knowledge which should be a valuable lesson to all of us. May Allah (SWT) continue to shower His Mercy on our beloved teacher and continue to Protect him from all pains and difficulties. Ameen.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #3
Yasser Ibn Amr Ibn Al'aas

Proactivity is the message our beloved role model is teaching us...wherever you are...under whatever test Allah may chose to test you with!

Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
ikhlaas

Jazak Allah Khayr Br Yasser for sharing this news (and wisdom) in detail with us.

Wassalam

Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
Soondus
Qabeelat Ruhma

Alhumdulillah! It's a PROFOUND relief to hear that the Sheikh is in good health and still making da'wah in this time of difficulty. Although I have never taken his classes, I've heard a lot of good things about him from his students and I've had one encounter with him on these forums- and MashaAllah by the way he replied to me, I could tell that he had a wonderful personality and great wisdom. May Allah get him through these trubulent times with out hurt and may he only gain Allah's pleasure in this life and in the hereafter. Ameen to all the dua'as. InshaAllah, I will certainly keep him in my prayers.

Jazakallahi Khair for updating us brother, May Allah reward you for your effort.
Asalamu Alaikum

The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).
Old 06-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
mubarak_is#1
Qabeelat Nurayn

Allahu Akbar. Indeed, there are those that when Allah (SWT) tests them, it only increases them in iman. May Allah (SWT) preserve our beloved and dearly respect Sh. Yaser Birjas. Inshallah, let us continue to make dua not only for Sh. Yaser but for all of the brothers and sisters in his position.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #7
MariyamSyed
Qabeelat Wasat

Jazakhallah for your post Brother. Alhamdulillah it's very comforting to know Shaykh Yaser is doing well and Mashallah also giving dawah and bringing people into the fold of Islam. May Allah continue to give him and his family ease during these times.

Wasalaam

Banu Wasat- Travellers of the Middle Path
Old 06-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
Fearless
Qabeelat Ruhma

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Dear Brother and sisters of Almaghrib,

Is there a way we can write to Sheikh Birjas in detention? It would be awesome if we could send words of encouragement and appreciation insha'Allah!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #9
taimur

SubhanAllah,
one of the brothers and I were talking at an event that we went to..
we were just discussing the case with shaykh Yaser Birjas..
were like "man, soon or later, the whole detention center is going to become a masjid.."..lol :-D

Old 06-28-2005, 08:08 PM   #10
Ingy Alhelawe

Alhamdulilah......very heartwarming to hear.
Jazakum Allah Khair
Ingy

Closed Thread