Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 11-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
Asma Q.
Qabeelat Asad

Dream big, start small

When Sh. Muhammed Alshareef started teaching us how to make money in a halal way, i asked myself why he was teaching that because in my mind I always thought that money was root to all evil and making money didn’t seem that important to me. But then I remembered that the first thing he mentioned was that a person had to make sure that he had taqwa before he even thought abt making money, so his money wont go corrupt. Then it made more sense.

My favourite gem:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’Ala) doesn’t want us to be poor. Allah (subhanahu wa ta’Ala wants the righteous ones to have the money.

A lot of ppl, (including myself up until now) have the mentality that money is ‘haraam’…stay away from money because it will lead you hell….you will become arrogant if u get too much money…

No I realised that it isn’t necessarily true. We need the Muslims to get the money so we can change things. Why are the non-Muslims taking over the world with their corruption? Because they have the money for it. Why is McDonalds in every country of the world (almost every country)? Why isn’t there a Mr. Falafel in every country of the world?

Imagine if we had the money…we would be able to replace billboards of naked women with billboards that advertise the AlMaghrib institute. Instead of pleading with those non-Muslims to give us a musallah in McGill, we could’ve bought a musallah in McGill which would belong to the Muslims! The list goes on and on….theres so much we can do with that money. That’s why the righteous ppl should have the money so they could help and strengthen the ‘ummah. Prove that they really do care of how the name of Allah is being spread and prove that they do care of the condition in which the Muslim body is in.

But wait! Before you do that, look at yourself! Ask yourself are you one of the righteous ones? Change yourself before changing the world.

Start with the simple things like smiling at someone for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’Ala…. forgiving and forgetting for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’Ala…. Being kind to your parents and being there for them when they need to talk to someone, once again for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’Ala…being patient when someone insults you or hurts you, for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’Ala. Be of the ones who continuously mention the name of Allah ta’Ala. Speak good or say nothing in order to avoid any sin with your tongue, just so you could please Allah ta’Ala. Start by waking up during the night when the whole world is sleeping so you could be of the very few during that time who is up worshiping the One and Only Creator ‘azza wa jal. Put yourself in sujjud and cry to Allah ta’Ala to forgive you, do istighfar sincerely with the hope that you will please you Rabb and with the hope that one day after doing what you had to do in this dunya, you will meet Him. Strengthen your love for the One Who created you and to Whom you belong.

Once you have that kind of relationship with Allah ta’Ala and once you truly understand that you’re only in this world to worship your Creator then that’s all that will be on your mind insha’Allah ta’Ala and you won’t give shaytan the chance to bring you on the wrong direction. You will be able to make money and spend it for the right reason knowing that this money came from Allah ta’Ala. To Him belongs this money just like to Him belongs the Heavens and the Earth. You will able to know that this money that is given to you is so you can be tested. How will you take care of this money, how will you use it?

Dream big, but start small!!!

And remember the equation!!!
Asma Q. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
suha
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Dream big, start small

Mashallah! Well Said. What you said really touched my Heart.

Jazakee Allah Khayr
suha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
A'isha
Qabeelat Asad

Thumbs up Re: Dream big, start small

Awww....Asma, Mashallah that was beautifully written

May Allah reward you for all the good that you do.
A'isha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
bintmariam
Qabeelat Asad

Assalamu Alaykum,

Jazakallahu Khayr!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asma Q.

Dream big, but start small!!!

word!

WS
bintmariam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
Muhajabah
Qabeelat Asad

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!
MASHALLAH ASMA THAT WAS VERY INSPIRATIONAL
Muhajabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
cherenancy
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asma Q.
Imagine if we had the money…we would be able to replace billboards of naked women with billboards that advertise the AlMaghrib institute.....
Ameen, a thousand times ameen! The kufir only get their way because they have the means to do it. I thought a rally would stop them from posting such billboards from a moral perspective but it only encourages further exlpoitation. If we quietly enter into the billboard scene with pure messages, we crowd out the bad ones.

Do you think it would be a great idea for qabeelat asad (sisters vs brothers of course) to create and investment club? We create a constant flowing of income to help manage our projects. Why not? It would really help us to learn the ropes of what Muhamad Alshareef is trying to teach us about building Assets. In sha allah we will get a resounding
Let's do it!
cherenancy is offline   Reply With Quote