Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 02-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
Asma Q.
Qabeelat Asad

Start advertising

Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmat Allah

alright so we got around 4 months before our next class. The sooner we start planning things out the better.
I say we start brainstorming now and in a few weeks we start delegating the tasks insha Allah ta'Ala. We should at least work on the posters A.S.A.P.
We should also have a video clip for this class like the one the ansars had for BOC. This should be done A.S.A.P. as well so we can have this clip playing at the different events that happens in mtl within these four months.
Asma Q. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
cherenancy
Qabeelat Asad

Re: Start advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asma Q.
I say we start brainstorming now and in a few weeks we start delegating the tasks insha Allah ta'Ala.
A few weeks???? Let's get a head start before the semester gets tough. I do not want the bulk of the promotion to be locked up in exam week and the month before. We need a core team immediately, sisters and brothers. No time to lose.

Sisters, let's get keen on the Legends presentation this Saturday and promote the Third of the Night initiative because it is through these that we network and build a solid foundation.

Brothers, please invent something. Pick up the Five daily prayer thread and promote that project. That one is for brothers. Network and build strong.

Keep in mind the correct intension. For the sake of Allah we aim for success.
cherenancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Shama

as the saying goes... great minds think alike
advertising will start asap

who wants to compete for the video clip?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #4
cherenancy
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shama Naz
as the saying goes... great minds think alike
advertising will start asap

That's it. Start roaring now. Competition all round.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
sadiav
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
We should at least work on the posters A.S.A.P.
do you mean the poster for the class? the qabeelats donot make the posters, almaghrib designs them

Quote:
i do!!!!!! umm i dont really know how though

Use this as a day to come closer to Allah SWT
OR
let it pass by as another wasted day

What will we decide today
sadiav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
Hassan Jan
Qabeelat Asad

Yeah we should definately get started with the video, especially those that are good with computer graphics...

As for advertising, the most important thing at this pt is to get the word out to ur friends. The details of the class have not been released yet so I don't want brothers or sisters going around adveritising the class around mtl, and when people ask whats being taught they have no answer. Doesn't look good on our part. For now please do tell ur close friends and urge them to register asap, cause this class will get sold out!!!!

As soon as i get the posters from almaghrib ill let everyone know.

Hassan
Old 02-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #7
Abu Sunnah

InshAllah I'd like to work on the video. Hassan, do I have your permission?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
A'isha
Qabeelat Asad

Assalamaolikoum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatohu,

MSA Concordia's IAD will be held sometime near the beginning/middle of March. We should really get a table there. It might be a bit too early to advertise the class, but we could still create general awareness for AlMaghrib Montreal.

Wsalams.

p.s. I want to learn how to make a video too!

Last edited by A'isha; 02-09-2006 at 05:22 PM.
A'isha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:21 PM   #9
Hassan Jan
Qabeelat Asad

permission granted
McGill is also having their IAD sometiime this semester...we should look into having an AlMaghrib booth at both unis
Old 02-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
cherenancy
Qabeelat Asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Jan
permission granted
McGill is also having their IAD sometiime this semester...we should look into having an AlMaghrib booth at both unis
What are the IAD's for the french Unis? And what events are upcoming in the various Mosques? Is Montreal Muslim News always up to date with events? Who uses it? We need an event compiler, both person and usable site.

Also. I envision Asad breaking up into Banu units and competing while working together towards "Sold out or bust". What is our "sold out" number? If we use H535 as the venue, what is the maximum?

The French connexion is essential, and we really need to resolve the Language barrier. I want suggestions and logistics and someone to step forward with leadership in this. Let's be a model for AlMaghrib ventering into other language regions, such as Mexico.

The non-muslim factor is a tie breaker. Lets invite them warmly. Everyone qualifies. I would be thrilled to have a conversion blessing the class, wouldn't you? I would be equally thrilled for non-muslims walking away with a braoder understanding. Get your dawah lips in gear!

The Mothers with children contingency must be welcomed with babysitting services. We are missing a whole chunk of population not providing it. The sisters who stepped forward to assist sister Salama in her crises have great babysitting connections. What can be arranged. Any formal ideas?

Food. Sold out numbers will definately impact this area. Time to find the best catering options. Our class is May-June. Think warmer weather, space outside, 200+ brothers and sisters. Who in the community can serve this dynamic? We need to prospect soon.

The khutba event before, what will be the lucky masjid/mosque?

I want an organiser part in this push, in sha Allah.