Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Guiding to Allah by the Book: Fiqh ad-Da'wah - DWH 101

Old 02-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
AZikria
Ameer, Qabeelat Haqq

Know of Free Dawah material?

ASALAMU ALAYKUM WA RAHMATULLAH WA BARAKATUHU

Everyone Please post here if you know of any place where one can get free or cheap dawah material.

Please go by this check list before posting:

1. Did you call them?
2. Did you get the full scope of where they are and where they can deliver to?
3. Whom do we contact within the organization?
4. Did you get the times that individual can be contacted?
5. Did you ask the amount of material that organization is going to allow to be given for free?
6. What kind of material do they have (pamphlets, cd's etc)?
7. how many different languages do the pamphlets, cd's and quran's do they have?
8. If they have charged material how much does it cost?

After you have these questions answered then you can post. this check list was not made so people can't post but it's here so people can take an active hand in spreading dawah. This thread is not for me per say, but we can develope a database of places one can get dawah material. By dawah material I mean qurans, small pamphlets, and audio cd's. Please try not to include books, VHS or DVDS as they tend to be very costly and not practical when giving them out at dawah tables or walk throughs (unless they are really cheap). Please read through this thread again to make sure you have all/most of the information needed, before posting.

Last edited by AZikria; 02-20-2006 at 11:32 PM.
AZikria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
UbaidSeth
Qabeelat Hosna

Re: Know of Free Dawah material?

Walaikum Assalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barrakatuh

I apologize if this does not help you greatly, but here is what I can offer to help you out with:

http://www.whyislam.org/877/Services...Literature.asp

You can order free literature. Although I think it is strictly for non-Muslim, they may allowed Muslims to have free copies to pass to people.

In the comments box, write down your concerns. There are very nice brothers working with WHYISLAM.org

A better idea is to call 877-WHY-ISLAM and speak to them directly about the issue. They should be more than happy to assist you.

For Free copies of the Quran, you can go to http://freequran.org

It is never a bad idea to talk to the administrators of your local masajid. The elders are always welcome to help you. Most of the copies of the Quran (and other books) at my masjid are simply sitting there with so much dust on them. The elders in my community are never shy to let me keep them so I may pass it on to others.

May Allah assist you in this matter, and I hope Allah blesses you with the Tawfiq in guiding others. Ameen!
Old 02-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
UbaidSeth
Qabeelat Hosna

Also.. one more website which I forgot to mention:
http://www.media4islam.com

You should order from this website; they have free stuff and Dollar items. For free stuff, their limit is "5 items per order" but what I would do is call the company up and they can reset your shopping cart to "unlimited items." (Make sure you tell them about your Dawah Project so they can help you out)
Old 02-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
Yasmine.Gharib
Qabeelat Durbah

Location: Durbhite in the origin...BroOKLyNiTe at the moment...Hosnawi in the making...

Assalamualaykum,

There is a pamphlet by the name "Just One Message" It is one of the best that ive come accross...unfortunatley i have tried to contact them various times and i never got a reply on how to order them....

-Yasmine

"NEVER look down upon a person....u never know when the tables will turn..." :/
Yasmine.Gharib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
Rizak
Banu Wedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.gharib2
Assalamualaykum,

There is a pamphlet by the name "Just One Message" It is one of the best that ive come accross...unfortunatley i have tried to contact them various times and i never got a reply on how to order them....

-Yasmine
I'm a year and a few months late but...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...LRm0d5SgVC25_g

or just go here

www.sultan.org/books/just-one-message.pdf

does anyone else have any dawa pamphlets or packets?
Rizak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
Teena
Qabeelat Hosna

Assalamu Alaikom, First of all, I live in Houston, and if anyone here needs dawah pamphlets, you can get them for free from the Dawah Center Downtown. Also, a lot of times at conventions organizations like ISNA and ICNA give out free pamphlets.

Also, if you're looking for cheap copies of the Quran (which happens to be the most effective method of dawah), you can order them at Al-Furqaan Foundation. If you order 52 copies or more, they are only $2 a copy plus whatever it costs to ship the box. The copies they have are in English only, therefore perfect for dawah. They also have them in Spanish and we're working on printing them in Vietnamese. If you order less than 52 copies, I think they're like $5 a copy. Hope that helps insha'Allah. Teena
"It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory, and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. Thus doth He explain His signs in detail, for those who understand."
Surah Yunus 10:5
Teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #7
IWantJannah
Banu Wedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teena
Assalamu Alaikom, First of all, I live in Houston, and if anyone here needs dawah pamphlets, you can get them for free from the Dawah Center Downtown. Also, a lot of times at conventions organizations like ISNA and ICNA give out free pamphlets.

Also, if you're looking for cheap copies of the Quran (which happens to be the most effective method of dawah), you can order them at Al-Furqaan Foundation. If you order 52 copies or more, they are only $2 a copy plus whatever it costs to ship the box. The copies they have are in English only, therefore perfect for dawah. They also have them in Spanish and we're working on printing them in Vietnamese. If you order less than 52 copies, I think they're like $5 a copy. Hope that helps insha'Allah. Teena
Jazaikallah khair sister Teena,
I will try to contact the via email to see if they will ship free brochures since i didnt see anything on web regarding it. I'm thankful for another source, googling everything does not work. If there isn't much on google I try to search on the forums, haha. And Alhumdulillah it works.

"The soul desires more if you encourage it, but it returns to contentment when it is disciplined."
-'Aaidh Ibn Abdullah Al Qarnee

-Qabeelat WEDAD-
IWantJannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 AM   #8
IWantJannah
Banu Wedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizak

does anyone else have any dawa pamphlets or packets?
I apologize I didnt understand what you're asking for. pls elaborate. do you need dawah pamphlets or asking for more websites that provide them or something else?

"The soul desires more if you encourage it, but it returns to contentment when it is disciplined."

-Qabeelat WEDAD-
Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #9
omer_k88
Qabeelat Majd

As salaam aleikum!

I'm looking for those small bookmark size flyers/leaflets that say "One Minute Message" (not "Just one message")...these things are really small and tiny and I had a bunch but lost them...there was the "If you found a watch in the sand one" and "How to end Racism" and "7 reasons to read the Qur'an". I searched the net but no luck.

If somebody can just scan one of them or at least describe them...it would be really appreciated. A brother and myself need the dimensions and design of them because we are trying to make some Dawah material similar to those specs.
omer_k88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 AM   #10
IWantJannah
Banu Wedad

wow i've never seen the 'One Minute Message" but it sounds interesting, can someone please help so I can design something similar for our MSA or even our Qabeelat.

-Qabeelat WEDAD-