Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Guiding to Allah by the Book: Fiqh ad-Da'wah - DWH 101

Old 03-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Shirien
Qabeelat Durbah

She Accepted Islam, Alhamdulillah.. Now What?

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmitullahi wa barakatu,

A sister alhamdulillah recently accepted Islam, And alhamdulillah she learned how to pray.. and is currently memorizing al-fatiha..

I need advice on what type of Islamic Knowledge we should begin teaching her...

she knows the very very basics... any articles or subjects any of you would recommend?

JazakumAllahu khairun
As for killing time, since when is time an enemy that you should strive to kill?! Time is your breath, it is your lifetime and the moments of your life which you could fill with thousands and millions of hasanaat. It is sufficient for you to say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) once, and a palm tree will be planted for you in Paradise, so how many gardens have you failed to plant? How many hasanaat have you lost? (Islam QA)

w w w . b a y y i n a h . c o m / d r e a m
Shirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
Al Baraa

Re: She Accepted Islam, Alhamdulillah.. Now What?

If the person has learned the basics of salah and is praying. I think the next thing to teach them is how to read the Quran...

...doing so is a VERY rewarding experience
Old 03-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
Shirien
Qabeelat Durbah

well no, i mean in terms of knowledge.. she takes arabic with me anyway.. so yeah in a way she really is learning how to read the Quran. and inshaAllah she's taking the Husna class with us in May..

im talking like fundamental beliefs, giving her lessons.. where to start?
As for killing time, since when is time an enemy that you should strive to kill?! Time is your breath, it is your lifetime and the moments of your life which you could fill with thousands and millions of hasanaat. It is sufficient for you to say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) once, and a palm tree will be planted for you in Paradise, so how many gardens have you failed to plant? How many hasanaat have you lost? (Islam QA)

w w w . b a y y i n a h . c o m / d r e a m
Shirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 AM   #4
MakeHijraFillah
Ummat Muhammad

Tabarakallah- totally agreed upon the above.

Without a doubt, the first and foremost thing to tackle once a person takes the Shahada, is the matters pertaining to Aqeedah. If a person's Aqeedah is straight and firm then all other actions will follow and fall in place bi ithnillah taa a3la. However due to issues in Aqeedah, you find people engulfed in fisq and ma3usia...

The brother MashaAllah has given links above to resources from which you can pass on to the sister. I also recommend getting sisters to be around her more often so as to get into the understanding of hayaa and the true essence of not only being a believer, but a woman slave of Allaah (swt). As of course the roles of women and men diff greatly, and it can only be fulfilled by understanding the roles and being amidst those who will help in bringing about the best in you.

So tackle Aqeedah inshaAllah, and also companions and environment she is around (as too often have I seen people come into Islaam and total passion and zeal for the deen is present at first but then slowly due to companions and perhaps not being sincere enough, the person is soon found back to old ways of kufr- wa ya3oothubillah).

May Allaah (swt) keep her upon the straight path and let her die upon it...Allahumma Aameen
MakeHijraFillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
a3644us

Lightbulb Re: She Accepted Islam, Alhamdulillah.. Now What?

Alhamdulillah, glad tidings for the sister and us:

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 40:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If any one of you improve (follows strictly) his Islamic religion then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is."