Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Breach of Covenant: Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah - QRN 203

Old 05-12-2004, 01:23 PM   #1
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Cool Sneak Peak: Breach of Covenant

Bismillah.
As this is my first time teaching Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah, I can really only share my feelings after the first time it is taught. Then, class after class, it gets deeper and deeper in to my mind and thoughts and then I start saying things like, '...in sha Allah, before you ask that question just wait till the Breach of Covenant Cds come out!'

But here is a sneak peek of Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah:
It’ll start off with you thinking ‘why condemnation of the Jews’; but slowly that issue will blur in your eyes and you will only see the current state of our Muslim community and how we followed these exact footsteps, how we are committing the exact abominations. A sense of alarm will suddenly sweep over you. Our communities are on a branch, swimming down a stream, leading to a horrific waterfall - and we don't even know!
Bi idhnillah, this class will make you realize how thunderous and close that fall is – how close eminent destruction awaits … unless we turn back.

And all I can say is that if you like the 'gems' from the other classes, this - in sha Allah - is going to be a GEM HURRICANE!!!
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
ibs81

Re: Sneak Peak: Breach of Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Bismillah.
As this is my first time teaching Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah, I can really only share my feelings after the first time it is taught. Then, class after class, it gets deeper and deeper in to my mind and thoughts and then I start saying things like, '...in sha Allah, before you ask that question just wait till the Breach of Covenant Cds come out!'

But here is a sneak peek of Tafseer Surat AlBaqarah:
It’ll start off with you thinking ‘why condemnation of the Jews’; but slowly that issue will blur in your eyes and you will only see the current state of our Muslim community and how we followed these exact footsteps, how we are committing the exact abominations. A sense of alarm will suddenly sweep over you. Our communities are on a branch, swimming down a stream, leading to a horrific waterfall - and we don't even know!
Bi idhnillah, this class will make you realize how thunderous and close that fall is – how close eminent destruction awaits … unless we turn back.

And all I can say is that if you like the 'gems' from the other classes, this - in sha Allah - is going to be a GEM HURRICANE!!!
Subahanallah. This is just the beginning, its already getting me excited. I really cant wait till you come here and teach the course. Inshallah we really do take from this class, not just the storys but really put our knowledge into action. As they say "you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk", haha atleast thats what I think they say , but you get the idea.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
a3644us

Br Muhammad, i've few quesstions regarding some ayats of Al Baqarah, i need some explinations, can i ask you in this thread or should i start a saperate thread, or ... please let me know . jazakum Allah Khayr, also do tell me that can only Qabeelah members can post in such threads and in their respective qabeelas or any member of this forum can participate in disscussion.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
Muhammad Alshareef

Smile Re: Sneak Peak: Breach of Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3644us
Br Muhammad, i've few quesstions regarding some ayats of Al Baqarah, i need some explinations, can i ask you in this thread or should i start a saperate thread, or ... please let me know . jazakum Allah Khayr, also do tell me that can only Qabeelah members can post in such threads and in their respective qabeelas or any member of this forum can participate in disscussion.
You are more then welcome to post your questions and benefit, in sha Allah.
I would recommend that you post your questions after the class has been taught for the first time. That'll conclude June 5th - in sha Allah.

Not too far away, in sha Allah. Just write down your questions and post it at that time.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
mostafa

Asalaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Slight correction ... the first class ends on June 6th inshaa' Allah
Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #6
Ahmed Ali
Ameer, Qabeelat Salaam

Quote:
you will only see the current state of our Muslim community and how we followed these exact footsteps, how we are committing the exact abominations. A sense of alarm will suddenly sweep over you. Our communities are on a branch, swimming down a stream, leading to a horrific waterfall - and we don't even know!
I have a very generic question: how exactly can one determine to generalize particular issues in the Quran? I have heard the statement:
العبرة بعموم اللفظ لا بخصوص السبب
but this is always explained in terms of ahkaam, not in very general issues like the situation of the Ummah.
Are you relying on particular texts for this information?

Jazakum Allahu khairan.
Ahmed Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #7
Muhammad Alshareef

Akhee Ahmed, I think it's best if you started a new thread. Your question seems more related to Usool AlFiqh then to Tafseer.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:12 PM   #8
Umm Reem

Quote:
It’ll start off with you thinking ‘why condemnation of the Jews’; but slowly that issue will blur in your eyes and you will only see the current state of our Muslim community and how we followed these exact footsteps, how we are committing the exact abominations. A sense of alarm will suddenly sweep over you. Our communities are on a branch, swimming down a stream, leading to a horrific waterfall - and we don't even know! [/font][/color][/size]
Salam Alaikum,
This warning is so scary, Sh. Muhammad!!

Quote:
I took this class at AOU last year but I can't wait to take it again, inshAllaah. We only studied the first juz at AOU. Are you going to cover the entire surah or just the first juz?

-Umm Reem
Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 PM   #9
Ahmed Ali
Ameer, Qabeelat Salaam

Quote:
Akhee Ahmed, I think it's best if you started a new thread. Your question seems more related to Usool AlFiqh then to Tafseer.
Well i guess you have answered my question, since i have never really studied Usul al-Fiqh, that's where i would find the answer insha Allah.

Jazakum Allahu khairan.
Ahmed Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:49 AM   #10
a3644us

jazakum Allah Khayr brother, may Allah give you reward. i'll wait and note down my questions inshallah