Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Route 114: Sciences of the Qur'aan - QRN 101

Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #21
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Re: Route 114: testimonials and ambiance

Alhamdulillah, i'm taking this class for the second time now and all I can say is: if you want to love the Qur'an more and understand why it is a living miracle, take this class inshaAllah.
yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #22
UmmTayyab
Qabeelat Majd

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatoh,

What an incredible seminar!

(ok, i'm still getting used to this forum and have taken out my question here, Insha'Allah, I'll find the write thread.)

Anyway, like I said, AMAZING!!! So much comprehensive information. Anyone can follow this, I should have brought my 9 yr old, he would have learned alot (if he could have sat still for that long).

Last edited by UmmTayyab; 02-12-2008 at 09:54 PM.
UmmTayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #23
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

Salamu alaykum Umm Tayyab
Nice to see you on the forums again. Perhaps you could post this question as a separate thread?

btw do you remember me, we were sitting by the water cooler talking about kids n marriage n whatnot?
UmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #24
ansariyah
Qabeelat Majd

Subhana'Allah personally there are really no words for me describe the course that do it justice
from what I learned in the first weekend alone!
my mind has been drastically opened to the Quran of Allah and I for one was gaining and still am a close,personal bond with the Quran
it goes to show that when the sheikh said "You don't relize your ignorance until you gain knowledge" he was definetly telling te truth
Be mindful of Allah and you will find him in front of you. If you ask, ask only Allah and if you seek help, seek help only from Allah. And know that if all the nations were to gather together to benefit you, they would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and if they gather together to harm you, they would harm you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages are dry.
ansariyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #25
UmmTayyab
Qabeelat Majd

Wa alaikum assalam UmA!

Yea, great chat. I love the breaks too! Lots of fabulous sisters to sit and talk with, Masha'Allah. Good chance for networking, planning more study related activities, discussing social issues, etc.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #26
Osob Mohamud
Qabeelat Nasr

Subhana'Allah after attending the class, I have found myself so drawn to the Quran. The history and science behind Quran is endless. This class opens the gate to so much more. We just got a taste of science of the Quran. Alhamduliah we were blessed with a book full of meaning and guidence. Reading Quran now is much more different.

And seek help in patience and As-Salât (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khâshi'űn [i.e. thetrue believers in Allâh - those who obey Allâh with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise(Paradise, etc.) and in His Warnings (Hell, etc.)]. [Surah Baqarah 2:45]

~^~>~Whoever desires to purify his heart, then let him prefer Allah to his desires ~<~~^~ Ibn Al Qayyim
Osob Mohamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #27
JennaSolorio
Ummat Muhammad

Talking Re: Route 114: testimonials and ambiance

Assalaamu'Alaikum Everyone

SubhanAllah Route 114 was awesome!!! I had never gone to one of these seminars before, now I am so grateful to Allah (swt) that I did!! Shaykh Muhammad Faqih is definitely one of my favorites!!! I love the whole vibe of the seminar. It appealed to both young and old! Keeping if fresh and fun but still old school knowledge MashaAllah!! May Allah reward everyone who participated in making this possible and may he also reward those who helped pushed me to go!! InshaAllah I am going to work hard to have that relationship with the Quran and not let it do what it had been doing.....Collecting dust....

I learned so much and had a lot of fun, and honestly I am ready to have a study session asap.

Alhumdulilah I enjoyed it so much that I signed up for the next one coming up before I even left the first one!

I also had a light bulb moment when I spoke to Shaykh Faqih about my children's futures and realizing this is what I want for them... He is the kind of role model I want for my kids. InshaAllah to be Shaykh's. So now I have decided to try and find a hafeet program for them, to get them to memorize the Quran and Arabic InshaAllah!!

I want my kids especially my boys to be able to be Shaykh's, I want my kids to have the love for Allah, islam and teach others for their for their Akhira InshaAllah, that is what I pray for them!!

But they also need to see me learning and that's one of the many things I love about these classes!!! I want to use the past weekend as a jumpstart, I don't want to let this great feeling I have to pass, the best thing I believe to do is; keep finding programs that all our Masajid have and go to as many as possible! So InshaAllah lets continue to encourage each other for the life that really matters (The Next)...

Remember that if we have the opprotunity to learn and we do not take it we will be held responsible, and Allah has put so many opportunities at our fingertips so lets take advantage of them!

Jenna
JennaSolorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #28
Akmar
Qabeelat Tayybah

I've just taken Route 114 Uloomul Quran at Long Beach, and subhanAllah, it was AMAZING. Words can't even describe the knowledge, the people, and the things that I went through during my stay in OC. I have to say, those were one of the BEST 11 days of my life, alhamdullilah. As for the class itself, man, it really pulls my heart-strings. It really makes my love for the Quran just grow everyday, and it makes you appreciate the struggles that the Sahaba and the Tabiun went through to preserve the Quran, to preserve the WORDS OF ALLAH, so that we are able to learn and implement its messages today. The class also reenforces the miracles of the Quran, how Allah is the One Who makes sure of its preservation instead of handing out that responsibility to humans who are full of imperfections. Just sitting there in class, listening to the sheikh about how the revelations were sent down to our beloved Prophet (sallallahu alaihiwassalam) filled me with awe. Just imagine, Allah, the Mighty God is giving you His Words not only to help you, but also to guide the nation. MasyaAllah, amazing, no?? And I really loved the story of how Allah told the Prophet (sallallahu alaihiwassalam) to recite a verse to Ubay ibn Ka'b, and he just wept with overjoy. Nice! Anyway, Sheikh Muhammad Faqih's such a cool sheikh! He makes the class lively with his jokes and 'massage exercises'. Haha, it's weird that I hear his lectures online prior to this, and then suddenly I'm seeing him in real life - in class, in the masjid...masyaAllah! I never would've thought, subhanAllah. Overall, all I have to say is, if you go to take this class with sincere and correct intentions, insyaAllah, you'll feel that STRONG connection to the Quran and subsequently, and most importantly, that STRONG relationship between you and Allah swt, because in the end, that's all that matters really.
PS: Go memorize the Quran!
Akmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #29
sudarti
Qabeelat Durbah

Alhamdulillaah, this was my first seminar after I've become a mom(about 2 years since my last alMaghrib's fantabulous seminar). I've brought my two babies to the seminar(and they were in the childcare of course!).

If anyone wants to get an adrenaline rush to start memorizing the Qur'an or picking up where his/her has left, this is the class!

It was wonderful to refresh all the knowledge about the Qur'an: from its undeniable beauty to the depth of its sciences. Not to forget, all the stories about the great companions, and all the scholars of the u'loomul Qur'an.

Get on the 'Ilm train now! Don't delay!
p/s: dont let your lil ones keep you from learning the deen.they should be your motivation, not excuses~
sudarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #30
Abd As Samad
QShams Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Route 114: Qur'an Sciences: testimonials and ambiance

The hurdle that then happens is that 'after' they have attended the first weekend, they brag to their friends about how awesome the course was ... but by that time it's too late. People keep missing the train because they get pumped up 'after' the train has left the station.

So ... I would like to make the testimonials and ambiance thread in each course folder. Simply type up your testimonials and what you thought was awesome about the course. Then, those new Qabeelahs that get this course ... all they have to do is come and view this thread, reading it top to bottom, and then they will have the motivational fuel they need to believe in what they encourage people to attend... BEFORE the seminar and not after.
Bismillaah

Subhaana Allaah that is so true, I find myself in that situation many times where I'm speaking to brothers about attending and they "see" my enthuaism but they just...i don't know what to say - they just don't connect with the need of the class

But Allaah knows best

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.almaghrib.org/london | www.qshams.org | www.facebook.com/qshams[/font]

....:::::Qabeelat AlShams:::::....

| TB |
LOG | BP | AHS | DL |
WS | VoS | EJ | TPS | EOAC | D2L
ChOC | PP | RF | ? | ?

Abd As Samad is offline   Reply With Quote