Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 11-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #11
mona
Ummat Muhammad

Re: The Purification Act: testimonials and ambiance

NOt a class for younger than 18 years old, pllease don't open it to 13 to 17 year old. I don't think they are ready for so much overwhelming detailed informations. I asked my daughter 14 year old if the class inncreased her Iman she replied that it was the opposit. SHe commented that she did not know that Islam was this complicated.
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

I can see how some may not be ready for this seminar, because of age, ability or both as there is a lot of comparative fiqh.
On the other hand, one could be amazed by how the scholars have derived from the Quran and Hadeeth.
Right now in Toronto we have at least 3 or 4 ninth graders and many highschoolers (maybe they could chip in here?), but I agree, not all young'uns are ready for this kind of course, it varies from person to person.
I look forward to the day my 6th grader will be ready for a comparative fiqh course.
I hope your child will benefit from future courses that may be more suited to them, when they are ready, in-sha Allah!
UmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
Sureknowledge
Ummat Muhammad

Asalamu Alaikum
It was one the best class I have ever attended. I was amazed how scholars interprete hadiths and Quranic verses to pin point solutions. I learned there are four possible ways for applying rulings on vairous matter depending on source of information. DIRECT INDIRECT IMPLIED and LITERAL
Sureknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #14
mbslrm
Qabeelat Majd

This class was the most intense, and astounding class yet, for me. The immense amount of material and content presented was truly breathtaking, and heartwarming. As a teen, I can assure you that this class wasn't horrifying, or intimidating. I strongly encourage other bothers and sisters to attend this amazing class.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #15
Yasmin Elmi
Qabeelat Majd

Smile Re: The Purification Act: testimonials and ambiance

i totally agree...this class was masha-allah so benificial and amazing!!!! i was totally encouraged to correct my ways and the ways of the people around me...i remember going home, and telling my mom about the stuff we learned in class....you get a HUGE eman rush knowing that you helped someone worship allah (SWT) better.....a total MUST take for any person who is hesitating to take it in the future!!!

</B>
Yasmin Elmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #16
Rooh
Ummat Muhammad

Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon everyone

The purification act is THE class to take when you know you are muslim! mashAllah excellent course and excellent teacher brought by an excellent institute, taught in an excellent way. I took the class recently and it has given me practical ways to perfect the first pillar after the testimony of faith.

Just wished that the class was longer, or that the last part of the course dealing with the actual prayer itself went slower!

Way to go
Rooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #17
bint Ibrahim
Qabeelat Majd

The Purification act class was interesting and Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya was being very specific and answerd basically all the question in his lecture before i ask i am really looking forward to the next class Inshalah!
To the vastness of the next world
And from the tyranny of man
To the justice of ISLAM!"
bint Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #18
bint Ibrahim
Qabeelat Majd

I think Mona is wrong just because her younger daughter doesnt understand doesnt mean all 13 to 17 year old youth cant understand so i disagree with that comment and i think that you should allow young youth to come to the classes and built their Iman.
To the vastness of the next world
And from the tyranny of man
To the justice of ISLAM!"
bint Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #19
Megan Wyatt
Qabeelat Haqq

Bismillah
As'salamu Alaikum

Yea! There is a place for TPA testimonials!!

Alhamdulellah, this class was really awesome! It strengthened my iman even as I sat there pondering how nothing in our religion is left out, that each second can be an act of worship. People think they know how to pray and make wudu, so why take this class! You need this class to go beyond the basics, to learn more about the sources, to understand how to differ with others, to get inside the minds of the scholars, and to relive some of the moments of The Prophet Muhammad, salalhu 'alayhe wa sellums, life, down to even the tiniest, seemingly unimportant details. And the knowledge is useful! It only takes one natural disaster, and all of us would be running around trying to find an imam to answer all of our questions about water, purity, the food, and so forth! Stock up on the ibadah-disaster-preparedness info ahead of time!

Sheikh AbdulBary has a really pleaseant character, and yea, he tells really good stories! This a class will wake your brain up! The group assignments and discussion were challenging, interesting, and gave us a chance to feel like a faqih! And if you have people in your area that like to ask endless fiqh questions no matter what the topic at hand! Then this class will get it out of their system, insha'Allah!
Megan Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #20
aarij
Qabeelat Majd

My best AlMaghrib course after LOG. This is an AMAZING course, you learn so much about the most important thing (tahara and salah), clear up so many misconceptions...andddd, my respect for scholars of the past has gone up so much because now I can see reasoning behind their thoughts.

If its being offered...DONT MISS IT!
aarij is offline   Reply With Quote