Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #21
ummammaar
Ummat Muhammad

Bismillah.

As-Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Alhumdulilah, TPA was the first Almaghrib seminar our (insha' Allah) qabeelah-to-be got. I got a lot more out of it than I expected, tabarakAllah. I found it to be more beneficial than the exact same course I was taking with the AOU at the same time. That had to do with: 1. the unique style of Almaghrib seminars 2. the unique way of presentation AND content of this particular course 3. my learning style. I can definetely reiterate how taking an Islamic course online isn't the most ideal for everyone. Nevertheless, this class actually helped me do well in the online one!

I even found it to be more informational than reading a fiqh book like Fiqh as-Sunnah (vol. one and two). It answered a lot of my questions. It took my confusion away--good riddance!

I was pleased to know the different adilla for the various opinions on the numerous issues that were discussed. That made it easier to understand why which view was weak, strong, or strongest.

Kewl instructor, masha' Allah! He shared many interesting and funny stories with us. That not only kept us entertained, but assisted us in relating to situations better. I would take this course again and again, if I could!

Was-Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

Last edited by Umm Blackistani; 05-07-2007 at 11:11 PM.
ummammaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #22
Nadeem R
Ameer, Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: The Purification Act: testimonials and ambiance

بسم لله الرحمن الرحيم

Alhamdullilah. This class was extremely humbling. With every class we realize more and more how little we actually know. By the mercy of Allah, I realized in this class many of my shortcomings, and this in itself is a blessing because now I can seek forgiveness for them and correct them. Alhamdullilah.

We scratched only the surface of sooo many issues in Salaah; leaving me with a desire to learn even more. I love the fact that issues that Muslims usually kill themselves over were not only explained but presented in a such a light manner by our beloved Shaykh, showing us the correct attitude to have. We learn every class that most of Ilm is Adab, and our Shaykh showed us how to deal with differences of opinion with a light heart and a mind that is only in search of the truth, the sunnah of our Prophet (sws), and the pleasure of Allah (swt).

In addition, I gained a huge level of respect and admiration for the Fuquha. In the Code Evolved and Usool ul-Fiqh courses, we learned about the scholars: their trials, their methodologies, etc.; however, in this class we actually got to see how they deduced rulings from the sources. Not only that, we learned that they would take GREAT care before making a decision, a lesson for all of us today to ponder over. When we speak on behalf of the Deen we are saying, this is what Allah and the Messenger (sws) want from you. May Allah (swt) make us among those that speak the truth.

On a lighter side, if you haven't taken a class with Shaykh A-B-Y, then prepare yourself for a roller coaster of emotions. One moment you will cry, the next you will laugh, and others your jaw may just drop. Don't miss out on this Shaykh or any other Shakyh. Subhanallah, all the instructors in Al-Maghrib have something different to offer us.

May Allah protect our Shuyookh and reunite all of us in JannatulFirdaus.

اسلام عليكم

What's next in Tayybah?
Tayybah Sisters: Muslimah 2011
Tayybah Descends: Code Evolved
Tayybah Brothers Qiyam
Charitree: Global Deaf Muslims Fundraiser
Light of Guidance 2.0
Aqeedah Bowl
.....InshAllah!
Nadeem R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #23
Najeeb
Qabeelat Tayybah

Class was awesome MashaAllah!
Shaykh Abdulbary is definitely an expert in this area. He covers so many different real world scenarios related to fiqh. I thought I knew most of it, but I now realized I know nothing. I guess, I just managed to touch the tip of the Iceberg.

The only complaint I have is with the seminar itself. It's really injustice to the topic - to combine Purification & Salah in the same seminar. We had to rush so much on the last day even though I felt he wanted to teach us more. I hope AlMaghrib breaks this course into 2 super duper courses in future.

"And strive in the cause of Allah as you ought to strive..." [AlHajj, 22:78]
Support the Students of Knowledge. http://www.IlmSummit.org
Test Your Knowledge, Take a Quiz. http://AlMaghribOPQ.IlmSummit.org
QuraanOMeter. Track your Quraan Memorization. http://QuraanOMeter.IlmSummit.org
QuranJam. Share your ultimate GEMS. http://www.QuranJam.com
Najeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
mytemuslim
Qabeelat Tayybah

Actually I think its ok for this class to teach the fiqh of tahara and the fiqh of salah, but I think that we should have stayed longer when we were afforded the opportunity to get through the material. I felt embarassed whenever the Shaikh mentioned how we were behind every day of the second week. That might have been rectified by sacrificing 30-45 extra minutes listening to him teach us our deen.
mytemuslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #25
QTbklynmuslimah
Qabeelat Tayybah

Cool Re: The Purification Act: testimonials and ambiance

Alhamdulillah! Dis was ma first class w/ Al Maghrib. Wow, I was on da floor half da tyme. Sh. Abdulbary Yahya is so funni! He cracks lyke da onlii jokes. I'm just counting how many days till Ilmfest. He is soooooooooooo funni. any1 who has experienced his class shud noe. It was 1 of ma best experiences ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by QTbklynmuslimah; 03-08-2008 at 10:50 PM.
QTbklynmuslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #26
hebhooba
Qabeelat Tayybah

It's been 8 months and 4 seminars later, and STILL, no class has topped the Purification Act. MASHA'ALLAAH, shaykh Abdulbary Yahya is amazing.

And I'm not saying anything bad about any of the other seminars, because Alhamdulilah they were ALL amazing, but subhanAllaah, I always set my standards as high as TPA, and none of the seminars I've taken, have reached those standards yet.

Maybe it's becuase Shaykh Abdulbary has a Million and one stories, or he's so funny or always keeps us engaged, or never once did I feel bored or tired for even a second...i don't know what it was, but you definitely do not want to miss this course...

And I'm posting here 8 months later, because I'm going to be taking another one of his classes in Durbah inshaAllaah, and I just don't want ANYONE to miss out on studying under one of the greatest shaykh's EVER! If he is anywhere nearby, definitely don't miss out on that oppurtunity.

And MashaAllaah TPA is a really practical class and answers a LOT of the fiqhy questions that you've always been wondering about.
hebhooba is offline   Reply With Quote