Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Wasat

Old 10-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
Dhul Qurnayn
Qabeelat Wasat

Texas Dawah conference

anyone planning on going to TDF? Brothers..if there's guys going we can go together..kammal mekki..yasir qadhi..and waleed basyouni will be there..inshallah I'd like to go.

http://www.texasdawah.org/txdawah/
Dhul Qurnayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
Siraaj

Re: Texas Dawah conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhul Qurnayn
anyone planning on going to TDC? Brothers..if there's guys going we can go together..kammal mekki..yasir qadhi..and waleed basyouni will be there..inshallah I'd like to go.

http://www.texasdawah.org/txdawah/
Contact moi - I'll have the details for you in a bit insha'Allah.

Siraaj
Old 10-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
ibnislam
Qabeelat Wasat

Inshaa Allah, my wife and I are planning to TDC. I went there in 2003 and have been waiting since to go again!

Your wicked ones hate to be saved, your heretics fear loss of followers, and your righteous folk rejoice, so good news to those who rejoice.
ibnislam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
*Aasiyah*
Qabeelat Wasat

MY 50 CENTS,

GOOOOO TOOOOOO TEXAS DAWAH CONFERENCE YOUUUUUU ALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

NEVER HAVE I EXPERIENCED THE LIKE. AL MAGHRIB X 10.
I LOVE THE MUSLIM ENVIROMENT.
THE INTENSE LEARNING.
THE WORKSHOPS.
THE TOPICS OF LECTURES.
THE SPEAKERS. THE PEOPLE.
THE MATURE REAL MUSLIM ATMOSPHERE.
NO FITNAH.
NO "MEETINGS" IN THE LOBBY.
EMAN RUSH YES.
YOU WILL BE TRULY DEPRIVED OF A BLESSING IF YOU ALL DON'T GO. CONVINCE YOUR MAHRAMS OR YOUR WIVES OR YOUR PARENTS.
I JUST LOVE IT AND DON'T MISS OUT...I'M TRULY SPEAKING THE TRUTH.
~“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision” [al-Ahzaab 33:36]~~“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: “We hear and we obey...” [al-Noor 24:51-52]~“you counted it a little thing, while with Allaah it was very great” [al-Noor 24:15] ~“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allaah)” [al-Israa’ 17:36] ~~" The Muslim should not look at how small or great the sin is, rather he should look at the greatness and might of the One Whom he is disobeying"~

Last edited by Siraaj; 10-13-2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: No using names of other conferences
*Aasiyah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
palestenianone
Ummat Muhammad

Im Going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:d
palestenianone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #6
*Aasiyah*
Qabeelat Wasat

palestenianone, know this may seem superficial, but it's just a suggestion. you will be staying at the hilton, there is restaurant there with many booths, i forgot the name, but you really should order the shrimp linguini mexican dish. i've never in my life had shrimp that tasted that good. i'm really being serious. trust my taste buddies.

as for the lectures, never miss yasir qadi's and the al maghrib shayookh. the msa lectures are great. they have all women lectures...and believe it or not, they had an al men lecture only...titled: what's wrong with women. it was packed my husband told me! i think yasir birjas gave the lecture. wonderful lecture, i hope they do a repeat. mashaAllah. i'll think of more tips later.
~“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision” [al-Ahzaab 33:36]~~“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: “We hear and we obey...” [al-Noor 24:51-52]~“you counted it a little thing, while with Allaah it was very great” [al-Noor 24:15] ~“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allaah)” [al-Israa’ 17:36] ~~" The Muslim should not look at how small or great the sin is, rather he should look at the greatness and might of the One Whom he is disobeying"~
*Aasiyah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #7
In Search of...
Qabeelat Hosna

one tip: lots of coffee to stay alert during all the lectures......

(maybe thats just for the volunteers....i know i needed that last year)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

'Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.'"
In Search of... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #8
Rabiya
Qabeelat Wasat

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aasiyah*
palestenianone, know this may seem superficial, but it's just a suggestion. you will be staying at the hilton, there is restaurant there with many booths, i forgot the name, but you really should order the shrimp linguini mexican dish. i've never in my life had shrimp that tasted that good. i'm really being serious. trust my taste buddies.

as for the lectures, never miss yasir qadi's and the al maghrib shayookh. the msa lectures are great. they have all women lectures...and believe it or not, they had an al men lecture only...titled: what's wrong with women. it was packed my husband told me! i think yasir birjas gave the lecture. wonderful lecture, i hope they do a repeat. mashaAllah. i'll think of more tips later.
lol @ Shrimp ligunini, memories innit?

I can't go to texas dawah convention this year. I don't want beloved *roll eyes* Canadian immigration officer to kick me outta canada again and send me back to America for good.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
General JibS
Ummat Muhammad

wow guys look 2 threads down.... seriously
if you'd like to go w/ the caravan of brothaers
saqib - saqibshafi@gmail.com
jibran - jibs85@gmail.com
salaam walaykum

"Thus We have made you a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger be a witness over you."
(2:143)

General JibS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
abuabdullah

See this thread
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...710#post172710

and join the fun!!!