Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Special Projects

Old 11-04-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Exclamation Project "Revive a Sunnah"

http://project-revive-a-sunnah.blogspot.com
(Launched on: Friday, October 06, 2006)

Project “Revive a Sunnah”

In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate.
May peace and blessings be upon the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam), his family, and his companions.

What is Project “Revive a Sunnah”?

Let's face the reality of today. There are many, many Sunnahs of the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) which are not being practiced. This may be due to reasons such as negligence, laziness and/or ignorance. Project "Revive a Sunnah" is a project dedicated to bringing back the forgotten Sunnahs of the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam).

Why the Project “Revive a Sunnah”?

This question can be answered from two sources: Qur'an and Sunnah.
Firstly, Allah ('azza wa jall) says in the Qur'an:

"…Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Severe in punishment." [5:2]

"Say (O Muhammad (peace be upon him) to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'ân and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [3:31]

Secondly, from the Hadith, it is reported that the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death, he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him, without it detracting in the least from their reward." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 7/443; this is a hasan hadîth because of corroborating asânîd).

Hence, we start off by responding to Allah's ('azza wa jall) call. We do our utmost to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam). We obviously do this in order to earn the love of Allah ('azza wa jall). What a better way of doing so than helping each other to achieve this (solely for the sake of Allah ('azza wa jall)).

How does it work?

Initially, when this project was first launched, it was conducted solely via e-mail. Starting with Week 4, the project will be available on-line, so that a broader audience may participate. A blog entry will be posted each week. The entry will describe what the Sunnah is, provide evidence from the Sunnah, and shed light on how it can be implemented, insha Allah.

How can you participate?

You can be a part of this project in a number of different ways. Some of them include:

• nominating a "forgotten sunnah" to be focussed on for one week
  • forwarding the Project "Revive a Sunnah" URL to your friends and family
  • encouraging others to participate
  • spreading the word
You are most welcome to direct any Feedback / Comments / Suggestions / Nominations to albosnawi@gmail.com

May Allah reward you all.
Praise be to Allah and may the blessings be upon the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam).

Wa Salaamu Alaykoum,

Kemal Smajlovic

TheBosnianMuslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Re: Project "Revive a Sunnah"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idil Abdulkadir
Mashaa Allah, this is an amazing project! May Allah accept your efforts, and allow you to affect change in the hearts of all the people who read your blog. Ameen.

Could I pitch this idea to the MSA at my school?
If you agree here is something Ustadh Muhammad Alshareef taught us about making your intention when you have a new idea: ask Allah to reward you not only for the people who directly benefit from it, but also for every person who sees the idea and copies it. So for every person at my school who benefits from it through our MSA, you'll get the rewards too inshaa Allah.
Yes, you are more than welcome to use this project for your MSA insha Allah. There was a similar request as to the one you made, and it was granted, so feel free to use it, insha Allah.

May Allah guide us unto the Straight Path.

Wa Salaam

Old 11-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

As Salaamu Alaykoum,

I forgot to mention one thing: On top of the weekly Sunnahs being posted on the blog, if someone would like to receive the weeekly "Revive a Sunnah" e-mails directly, then I would be more than happy to add your address to the list. Just send me an e-mail (albosnawi@gmail.com).

Jazakum Allahu Khair,
Wa Salaam

Old 11-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #4
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

As Salaamu Alaykoum,

The blog has just been updated with the sunnah to be revived for this week. Remember, if you would like to get the Project "Revive a Sunnah" e-mails directly, then just e-mail me at albosnawi@gmail.com.

Here is this week's preview:

-------------
We are not angels. We are human beings who make mistakes and commit sins. And yet, Allah has given the human beings the potential of being the best of creation. Likewise, the human beings have the potential to be the worst of creation. May Allah make us of the first type. Ameen.

We are social beings, as created by the All-Mighty. When we get together with our friends and talk, the topic of the discussion is not always related to Islam or the Afterlife. It so happens that a lot of the times it is worldly-related. What did the Prophet (sal Allahu alahyhi wa sallam) teach us to do in such gatherings? The answer lies in his (sal Allahu alahyhi wa sallam) sunnah, as we shall see.

-------------

To continue, visit: http://project-revive-a-sunnah.blogspot.com/

For some reason, the blog is not Internet Explorer-friendly. Firefox works much better.

Wa Salaam

Old 11-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
ZkrofAllah

Masha'allah this project turned out really nice. Two thumbs UP!!

(I have internet explorer- and the blog seems to be working fine alhumdulilah
).
Old 11-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Week 7 has been posted, please visit: http://project-revive-a-sunnah.blogspot.com/

Old 11-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Week 8 was posted yesterday.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Week 9 has been posted.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
TheBosnianMuslim
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Alhumdulillah, Week 10 is up as well.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
HiBz EsSenSe ©
Ameerah, Qabeelat Tayybah

MashaAllah the emails are great, BaraqaAllahu Feekum

*May Allahu AazaWajal place all those involved on a pedestal on Yawm Al Qiyamah beside that of the Prophet SallahAllahu Aleyhi WaSalam, for your intentions of reviving his Amazing Sunnah Bi'zinillah - Ameen
...Let That Be Tha Reason...

HiBz EsSenSe © is offline   Reply With Quote