Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Majd

Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
aarij
Qabeelat Majd

Ontario MSAs for Al Maghrib

Salam alaikum

I think the MSAs of Ontario Universities, Colleges and even high schools should form a coalition to help promote Al Maghrib. The reason why I bring this up is because many MSAs promote events like RIS, and I feel that if the same could be done for Al Maghrib then insha Allah there will be a lot of benefit for all involved!

Things that can be done by each MSA:

1. Video/teaser for each class on display at an MSA event
2. Testomonies of those who have attended
3. Khutbahs about a topic for an upcoming Al Maghrib class, then promoting that class
4. Have the Al Maghrib Shaikh come over for a mini talk (a little far-fetched perhaps, but still!)

Advantages:

1. Out-of-town students who are part of this coalition will find it easier to find accomodations, places to eat, etc. in the town of the class. The responsibility for helping out-of-towners would be on the MSA of the host city (e.g. in Toronto, it would be Ryerson and UTM, in Ottawa, it could be U of Ottawa, etc.).

2. Make it easy for people in one town to go to other towns as a group to take Al Maghrib classes. For example, if people from Waterloo want to go down to Toronto to take the Seerah class, then the Waterloo MSA can arrange for a bus to take a group of students to Toronto at a cheaper cost.

3. Help promote Al Maghrib en masse!

I know that the UW MSA would be very willing to join in, I'm sure Ryerson MSA and UTM MSA are down with this insha Allah (considering how many Ryerson and UTM people come to the classes!!). What do the Majdians think of this idea?
aarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
brother_bruce
'Abd al-Kareem

Re: Ontario MSAs for Al Maghrib

awesome idea. I think numbers 2, and 3 should be easy to do. 4 shouldnt be a problem if the shaykh is already in town.

but number 1, and possibly other forms of advertising, might have a few glitches. having been a former MSA exec for 2 years, i can say that it takes alot to convince the MSAs that alMaghrib is something worth their time. There's alot of politics involved (thru people who might have *heard* things about alMaghrib), or from figuring out how to support one community group, but not another.

At UTM, it was pretty easy to convince the other execs/ general body that alMaghrib would be beneficial - alhamdulillah. But either not all MSAs think the same way, or they're not willing to commit themselves to an outside organization which they have minimal influence over (because when you promote a given organization / event, you implicitly endorse whatever goes on in it...)

and Allah [swt] knows best.
brother_bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
Hala
Qabeelat Majd

Great ideas! Don't forget the Muslims of Kitchener (my hometown), especially those who don't attend colleges.
Hala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
mbslrm
Qabeelat Majd

If MSAs can pull this off, we would have so much more advertising potential.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #5
abu_twins
Ummat Muhammad

The HIGH SCHOOL MSAs should get involved as well!
At least for the HIGH SCHOOLS that have MSAs that is.
abu_twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #6
brother_bruce
'Abd al-Kareem

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu_twins
The HIGH SCHOOL MSAs should get involved as well!
At least for the HIGH SCHOOLS that have MSAs that is.
High school MSAs would be an amazing idea. Some campuses (like UTM, I think) have connections / lists of most of the high school MSAs in the area...
brother_bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #7
Umer Abdul-Jabbar
Qabeelat Majd

Asslamo Alikum wa RahmatAllahu wa BArakatuhu

InshaAllah ryrerson's msa is in again for TSP
Umer Abdul-Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #8
silent_resistance
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Khatab
Asslamo Alikum wa RahmatAllahu wa BArakatuhu

InshaAllah ryrerson's msa is in again for TSP
alhamdulillah! mashaAllah Ryerson MSA did an amazing job, theres no doubt that their efforts contributed to the smooth running of the last seminar,

May Allah swt reward them and increase them all, Ameen!
Seest thou not that Allah sends down rain from the sky? With it We then bring out produce of various colours. And in the mountains are tracts white and red, of various shades of colour, and black intense in hue.
And so amongst men and crawling creatures and cattle, are they of various colours. Those truly fear Allah, among His Servants, who have knowledge: for Allah is Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.
-Surah Al-Fatir:27-28
silent_resistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
Moin
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarij
4. Have the Al Maghrib Shaikh come over for a mini talk (a little far-fetched perhaps, but still!)
McMaster MSA would love to be able to host something like this if a shaykh is available.

Do you not love that All‚h should forgive you? (24:22)

"Thus if there ever comes a time when you are captivated by someone slogans say, "Work! for verily Allah (swt) and his Messenger (saw) shall see your deeds."
-Umm AlMu'mineen Aisha, radi Allah 'anha
Moin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #10
Muslimah
Qabeelat Majd

I love you all for the sake of Allah

That is a brilliant idea to truly promote Al-Maghrib out there, especially to the many Muslims who still have not heard about it or are not aware of what Al-Maghrib has to offer them.

If there was a coalition of MSA'S across all schools.. that would make everything so much easier. Perhaps we can begin now with a pool of contacts from all of us of all the university MSA'S, colleges, and highschools to bring together and then map out a plan on how to promote al-maghrib. We can have our own Al-Maghrib list of MSA contacts, inshallah.

Please be aware that some MSA'S are not very established. I suggest that an Al-Maghrib brother/sister, perhaps the Ameer/Ameerah can begin organizing the days and times to go to these different MSA for the upcoming seminar.
Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote